My review of the M225s!

budyog

• I don't listen to audio, I listen to music.
My review of the M225s!
« on: 14 Mar 2023, 05:16 pm »
I’ve owned an AVA Fet-Valve 350 form several years, then I had it upgraded to the 350r6 and then in 2019, I traded it in on I believe a Set 400 and after a few weeks I called Frank back and said I need my 350r6 back, I miss the tubes! But before I get it back I had him make it a new 600r and that was wonderful until a couple months ago when I decided to try a pair of the M225s and after a couple weeks, it was a done deal. I called him back and said sell my 600r.
These M225s are stunning! And as others have said, they have a tube sound to them and it’s true! They have been in my system now for a little over 2 months and they are so enjoyable; all I can say is that everything just sounds better, way better! Cleaner, deeper, dynamic with superb imagining and with the volume level as much, if not more than the 600r; and I pushed my 600r hard! And now with the M225s, I push them as hard, and I do not notice any less volume; and they give to the max!
Frank and company, thank you for all the years of great service and audio bliss; and we are not done yet, I’ll be back! 

My system consists of a 20-amp circuit, Richard Grey 400, a NAD C-658, the M225s, 2 - Dayton Audio SA-1000 sub amps, custom built speakers by me with dual Goldwood 10”, dual Wavecor midrange and Morel tweeters and custom subwoofers with and Dayton Audio Ulti-max 18” and 12”. Crossover points are 70, 400 & 1800 and I run Full Dirac Live. I love my system.  :D

eduke55

Re: My review of the M225s!
« Reply #1 on: 14 Mar 2023, 07:30 pm »
Hey budyog,
That's pretty cool for you. I could not agree with you more. My experiences mimic yours and I am quite take with these amps. I am interested to know if you keep them on, or power them on when listening. I wish you continued listening enjoyment.

eduke

budyog

• I don't listen to audio, I listen to music.
Re: My review of the M225s!
« Reply #2 on: 14 Mar 2023, 08:36 pm »
Hey budyog,
That's pretty cool for you. I could not agree with you more. My experiences mimic yours and I am quite take with these amps. I am interested to know if you keep them on, or power them on when listening. I wish you continued listening enjoyment.

eduke

Hi eduke55,
 I power them off when done listening; sometimes days go by between listening sessions for me.