any Anticable users here?

lazbisme

any Anticable users here?
« on: 11 Mar 2023, 09:05 pm »
Since Clayton displays with Anticable are any Spatial Circle users?

Mr. Big

Re: any Anticable users here?
« Reply #1 on: 11 Mar 2023, 09:09 pm »
Cables are equipment sensitive, meaning with one brand you might use x cable is just great as another gear maybe not so, but a well-made cord will sound good, it is just another might say better. Anti Cable power cords I liked a lot. I like higher gauge cables, in fact, power cords are the same. I want a more robust sound while retaining speed, color, and timber.

mvalentiner

« Reply #2 on: 13 Mar 2023, 04:34 am »
Yes

newzooreview

« Reply #3 on: 13 Mar 2023, 03:04 pm »
Yes, I use Anticables for interconnects, speaker cables, and power cables.

Audiosaurusrex

« Reply #4 on: 13 Mar 2023, 03:45 pm »
I agree with Mr. Big that cables are system dependent, maybe even system/room dependent. I tried Anticable 3.1 Speaker cables and felt they were too lean for my setup. I hear there power cables are very good but I haven't tried them. Some people believe having a loom of the same brand of cable provides synergy. I am one of those.

abd1

• DailyFrenchie
« Reply #5 on: 13 Mar 2023, 04:41 pm »
I don't have Spatials, but I have used Anticables and am a fan. One of the big "cables do make a difference" moments I had was using the 3.1 speaker cables with Salk Song3 speakers. I liked them so much I had Paul build a custom pair of cables for me combining two runs of the 3.1 cables together terminated with a heavy duty spade. They are heavy, thick cables. They're also only about 7' long which is too short for my current set up, so not currently using but I may have a new pair built at some point or try the new level 4 cables which I think are similar but use dual runs of the 2.1 cables. I also have the power cords which I think are a great value.

CSI

« Reply #6 on: 13 Mar 2023, 06:11 pm »
Anticables are great. I've used them for years with my Spatials. A little fussy to place due to their stiffness but worth the effort. Using the IC's as well.

Daryl Zero

« Reply #7 on: 13 Mar 2023, 06:18 pm »
I bought a set used and boy are they stiff. I haven't been able to put them into a system yet so I can't give any reactions to their qualities other than that.

lazbisme

« Reply #8 on: 13 Mar 2023, 06:29 pm »
I have ordered speaker cables and interconnects. Requested burn-in on both so now I wait! Needing 10foot cables CAN be expensive!!!

jonbee

« Reply #9 on: 13 Mar 2023, 07:35 pm »
I have used them in several systems over the years, both speaker and ICs. Not currently.
Cable optimizing is very system dependent, but antis are uniformly very clean, wide range and open. I find the SCs can be a little lean tonally in some systems, overall I like the ICs a bit better. Physically stiff.
A good candidate for the $, they do a lot of things well, but there are marginally better, usually for more $. Ultimately system matchups are key, but that takes a lot of trial and error to get right when it comes to the nits.
Enjoy!

rmdtexas

« Reply #10 on: 13 Mar 2023, 09:08 pm »
I have used both balanced IC and speaker cables with Salk BeATs powered by PS Audio M700s for several years and love both.

mvalentiner

« Reply #11 on: 16 Mar 2023, 09:56 am »
When I bought my Atma-Sphere S-30, I was gifted a pair of AntiCables by the seller. I tried them out and they made an improvement. Not huge, but enough so I’ve used them since. I believe speaker cables makes difference to a point. Like other components in the system, they are an item of diminishing returns. The more one spends, the less improvement one gets in return. Spending more, I doubt I would hear much improvement over the AntiCables. They are good value.

I have a pair of the AntiCable balanced ICs. Because of the noise canceling design of balanced cables, I don’t think the AntiCables make much difference. I don’t hear a difference compared with less expensive Mogami ICs. In the future, I’m planning on replacing my S-30 with mono blocks. I’ll run balanced XLR cables from the preamp about 12’ and use AntiCable jumpers for the remaining 6”.

Paul Speltz is an upstanding guy. He helped me out when I purchased my Sapphire M4s inviting to his house to audition the Spatial Speakers he had. His Autoformers are essential for connecting the M4s to the S-30 and has been very helpful when evaluating other amps.

Jeff_From_Michigan

« Reply #12 on: 16 Mar 2023, 11:16 am »
Not a Spatial owner, but ANTICABLES have served me very well with Maggies.  Yes they're stiff, but that can be an advantage if the backside of your rack is a twisted jungle like mine.  Very easy to bend them a bit to route them around other cables and components.  My relatively modest system runs like a top with ANTICABLES power cords, interconnects and speaker cables.  So good that although I suffer from Tweaker's Lunacy, I seem to end up putting the AC's back in after trying similarly priced substitutes.

geerock

« Reply #13 on: 18 Mar 2023, 05:24 pm »
I met Paul Speltz at an audio show many years ago and I was not a believer in PC'S making a difference and only marginally so on IC's.  He actually gave me a level 3 PC and trusted me enough to send it back if I didn't like it or pay a discounted price if I did.   I took it home and was astounded at the difference in just one component.  Immediate and positive change in detail, dynamics, and bass accuracy.  I called him and he treated me right for more PC'S, speaker cables,and IC's.  The cables brought my system to a whole new level.  Since then I've upgraded as he came out with new products.  Keep in mind Paul has a no questions asked 30 day return policy, an upgrade program and a trade on deal.  I just recently went to his new 4.2 flex speaker cables and his 7.3 Schroeder effect IC's and it was another nice little step up.  Over 5he years I've tried much more expensive cables but I just keep going back to Anticables.  To me they are a great value.

glenmschneider@gmail.com

« Reply #14 on: 22 Apr 2023, 02:24 pm »
With my X5s, I’m currently using anticables  4.2 flex speaker cables, an RCA interconnect and an anticables power cord for my streamer.
All have made substantial improvements in my system.
While I didn’t do substantial brand comparisons for the power cable or the speaker cables, for the interconnects I used The Cable Company to compare 5 other cables; all more expensive than the anticables with quite unexpected results. The combination I preferred by a substantial margin to any other was the Cardas Clear Reflection from my DAC to Don Sachs Preamp and the anticables 5.2 from the Pre to the amps. To me that provided the best combination of detail, with some warmth and great focus. I preferred that combination to the much more expensive Cardas in both spots and to the same combination in different positions.
So basically my takeaway was that there’s no substitute for listening. I did also learn that the descriptions of the cables were generally accurate from the perspective of warm vs detailed vs lean but that did not translate into preference in the system. And related to another question from the OP, I do love the Don Sachs Pre paired with Triode lab 45 monoblocks.