A few X-LS Encore questions

naboo

A few X-LS Encore questions
« on: 17 Jun 2020, 06:53 pm »
Hi

Looks like I'm getting closer to getting the X-LS Encore kit. A couple of questions remain, that I'm sure I'll get some help with here:

1. Let's start with the easy one: I note quite a few people use the encores and statiks in home theatre set-ups. I plan to use the encores strictly for music - and I assume that this is not an issue?
2. The room size is big (around 10mx5m=32x16ft (roughly). Even though it's big, I can't really get Statiks due to furniture and swambo. I do not need loud music, but I need the music to fill the space and I need to it to sound like it was supposed to. Will the encores be able to handle that?
3. What size amplifier should I have to drive it? I don't see any ratings for the speakers that give me a clue (and I don't understand enough to figure it out). Will 25w per channel on a stereo amp be enough?

Thanks in advance
Martin

corndog71

• Some people call me Rob.
Re: A few X-LS Encore questions
« Reply #1 on: 17 Jun 2020, 08:08 pm »
All of Danny’s speakers are great for music and movies.  They’re also usually pretty easy for any amp to drive.  25 watts will probably be fine for what you need as long as it’s a good quality amp.  What amp are you using?

naboo

Re: A few X-LS Encore questions
« Reply #2 on: 17 Jun 2020, 09:19 pm »
I don't have an amp but I see the Cambridge Audio Topaz AM5 and 10 have big discounts, probably end of life for them. Those do 25 and 35 respectively. Otherwise I need to build an amp, blowing the budget is not really an option at this stage.