The 45 RPM Rumours is fantastic!

orthobiz

Re: The 45 RPM Rumours is fantastic!
« Reply #20 on: 17 Apr 2011, 06:39 pm »
This confirms what the owner of 4000 Holes told me. His entire Pearl Jam order was filled (zero interest on my part), but short on several other records like Rumours and EC Unplugged (I bought his only copy). I've order one from Acoustic Sounds and one from Amazon. If I get both I figure I can always sell one.

Laura

I'm not checking but I would envision a few of these would pop up on eBay today...

Paul

PeteG

« Reply #21 on: 17 Apr 2011, 06:41 pm »
I canceled my Amazon order and picked it up at ElusiveDisc, but at a premium price.

TONEPUB

« Reply #22 on: 17 Apr 2011, 09:01 pm »
Glad to see those that bought it are enjoying it!

mikecole

« Reply #23 on: 17 Apr 2011, 11:03 pm »
70 bucks at Elusive Disk - guess I'll stick to my regular old LP

TONEPUB

« Reply #24 on: 17 Apr 2011, 11:56 pm »
70 bucks at Elusive Disk - guess I'll stick to my regular old LP

Wow, they raised the price again?  It started out at $44.99, went to $59.99 yesterday.

That's unfortunate.

orthobiz

« Reply #25 on: 18 Apr 2011, 12:10 am »
This thing has detail and presence that is simply crazy! The punctuation of the bass, balance of everything is perfect. One of the best reissues I have ever heard. Amazing.

Paul

E4T

• drummer, specialty coffee, music obsessed
« Reply #26 on: 18 Apr 2011, 01:21 pm »
I've heard that only 2,000 0f the 4,000 have been pressed so far.  Have no idea if this is true, but may explain Amazon's notice.  Really want this though, so do I fork out $70 at Elusive or place an Amazon order. 

If there are 2,000 more on the way, then Elusive are f'n lame for jacking up the price.

orthobiz

« Reply #27 on: 18 Apr 2011, 02:24 pm »
I've heard that only 2,000 0f the 4,000 have been pressed so far.  Have no idea if this is true, but may explain Amazon's notice.  Really want this though, so do I fork out $70 at Elusive or place an Amazon order. 

If there are 2,000 more on the way, then Elusive are f'n lame for jacking up the price.

Elusive is lame!

Paul

Taylormade

« Reply #28 on: 18 Apr 2011, 06:49 pm »
I'm so mad at myself for not buying it on RSD.  I had pre-ordered it on Amazon so I was confident that I was already going to get a copy.  Needless to say, I wasn't too pleased to get the email from Amazon stating the date was pushed back to May 24th.

This was my first RSD, though, so I won't make the same mistake next year.

rcag_ils

« Reply #29 on: 19 Apr 2011, 04:22 am »
I'm so mad at myself for not buying it on RSD.  I had pre-ordered it on Amazon so I was confident that I was already going to get a copy.  Needless to say, I wasn't too pleased to get the email from Amazon stating the date was pushed back to May 24th.

What is RSD, and what's wrong with waiting until May 24th?

When you fall for the mad rush mentality, you will be ripped off, grasshoppa..... If you can find the Rumours 45rpm reissue for less than $40.00, you have learned.

E4T

« Reply #30 on: 19 Apr 2011, 06:18 am »
What is RSD, and what's wrong with waiting until May 24th?

When you fall for the mad rush mentality, you will be ripped off, grasshoppa..... If you can find the Rumours 45rpm reissue for less than $40.00, you have learned.

Record Store Day...
The original release date for this set.  Lots of limited edition releases are released.  In this case, Rumors in this format is a pressing of 4,000.  Elusive says they've all sold out and therefore has taken the opportunity to almost double the asking price for their remaining stock.  Amazon says that they will have more on the 24th of May. 

Apparently only 2,000 were pressed for RSD and the second pressing is forthcoming.  I have no idea if this is true, but if the 24th of May rolls around and Amazon sends me an email stating that 45 RPM is unavailable, I'm going to be a little upset about it.  I'd be disappointed.
« Last Edit: 19 Apr 2011, 10:26 am by E4T »

E4T

« Reply #31 on: 19 Apr 2011, 08:56 am »
Looks like Elusive is out of the first pressing too, but they confirm the second pressing.  So I'd say I'm sticking with my Amazon order and hoping for the best. 

Elusive Disc - "We are sold out of our first allotment of this highly sought after LP.
We hope to receive our final allocation in May 2011 and any preorders placed as of 4/18/2011 will be filled.
We will do our best to fill any new orders placed after 4/18/2011 for this LP. Sorry for any inconvenience and we wish there were enough for everyone!"

er.......but they are still gonna charge you $69.99 for it opposed to list!!!!  Man , they ARE lame.  Why would anyone bother to order from these guys with that kind of service?

JakeJ

« Reply #32 on: 19 Apr 2011, 04:06 pm »
Thank you, E4T, for the follow-up.  I'll keep my fingers crossed for the May 24th second pressing.

rcag_ils

« Reply #33 on: 19 Apr 2011, 05:52 pm »
Due to your recent price gouging of the Fleetwood Mac Rumours 45 RPM set

They are not at fault for gouging, high demand driving up the price, that's normal. That's why I don't do pre-order, that would give away the demand figure.
« Last Edit: 19 Apr 2011, 08:23 pm by rcag_ils »

E4T

« Reply #34 on: 19 Apr 2011, 06:27 pm »
They are not at false for gouging, high demand driving up the price, that's normal. That's why I don't do pre-order, that would give away the demand figure.
err......what?  It's not about being false, just greedy as hell.  Most pre-ordrrs are set price before orders are received. 

This is not Ebay, it's a retail/online store selling way beyond suggested retail/or cost in this case for a limited pressing that they will receive more of.  I have not seen one other established store online that had and sold this release, that came close to asking this much for it.  And they are receiving more....I don't know.   Just lame on Elusive's part.

I will never buy from them. 

Back to the point of this thread though.  I really hope I get a copy, because it sounds like it is amazing!

P.S.
I will say I am feeling a bit guilty.  I did not meant o get so negative here.  Sorry if it offends anyone.
« Last Edit: 19 Apr 2011, 08:48 pm by E4T »

orthobiz

« Reply #35 on: 20 Apr 2011, 12:23 am »
Here is my take. The Record Store Day people could not sell until the actual day of the event. One guy in Chicago posted what he received 10 PM the night before so people knew what they could buy.

The store selling the Rumors I bought had a strict one record per customer rule.

Another store I didn't go to opened at midnight, like those midnight movie openings, so they didn't violate the rules.

The albums were in short supply. They are retailers. What they DID NOT do was sell them over list price, because that is not in the spirit of the event. From what I understand, those retailers putting the disks on eBay are excluded from future events once they are caught.

This is a hobby. They will make a profit at list price. In the spirits of serving customers they simply should not take advantage of our disadvantage!

Paul

TheChairGuy

« Reply #36 on: 20 Apr 2011, 12:27 am »
He dug his own hole, my friend.  He did a schmucky thing and has been called on it.  At any rate, I'm done with my rant/bus-toss.

I'm happy to say I found my Rumours locally (prefer to buy locally when I can) and at a fair and just price.  I'm sorry for those who don't have a good local source for LPs and must wait weeks or pay extortionate prices for their copies.

Ericus,

We have a 'no dirty laundry' policy at AudioCircle.

I don't want to play the heavy and don't find what you posted personally too objectionable (I've told a few nasty customers off over the years), but I have to ask you to remove your above post and the prior posts quoting Elusive Disc.

Within 24 hours, I will need to do so.

Thx, John

rcag_ils

« Reply #37 on: 20 Apr 2011, 12:59 am »
I think you guys are overreacting to this "Rumours" stuff.

Look, Fleetwood Mac are a bunch of old men and old ladies now, Stevie Nicks is no longer attractive, this is 2011, not 1977.

If the record company had mass-produced sets of 45rpm audiophile grade Rumours back in 1977, there would have been a lot more happy people, and the record company would have made a lot more money. It all about retro hype nowaday, limited to 5000 copies, they can kiss my ass. If I get a copy, fine, if not, screw them, I'd be 50 bucks richer.
« Last Edit: 20 Apr 2011, 03:13 am by rcag_ils »

blakep

« Reply #38 on: 20 Apr 2011, 02:34 am »
Probably not a really big deal if you can't get the 45 or even the new 33. Hit a number of decent used record stores or even scour the thrifts and chances are you can come up with a very early or first pressing that will sound very, very good.

And it shouldn't be particularly expensive.

TONEPUB

« Reply #39 on: 20 Apr 2011, 03:37 am »
I think you guys are overreacting to this "Rumours" stuff.Look, Fleetwood Mac are a bunch of old men and old ladies now, Stevie Nicks is no longer attractive, this is 2011, not 1977.If the record company had mass-produced a set of 45rpm audiophile grade Rumours back in 1977, there would have been a lot more happy people, and the record company would have made a lot more money. It all about retro hype nowaday, limited to 5000 copies, they can kiss my ass. If I get a copy, fine, if not, screw them, I'd be 50 bucks richer.

First, no one was pressing 45rpm audiophile pressings in 1977, and I think with total sales of over 40 million copies, they all made enough money on it...