Studio monitor, Neo3 & Neo10 monitor and the Wedgie.

Btrmousetrap

Danny,

Is there any positive movement on driver availability and project progress for these, or are you stalled out for now? Any hope?

Regards,
  BTR          :popcorn:

HAL

• Industry Contributor
Re: Studio monitor, Neo3 & Neo10 monitor and the Wedgie.
« Reply #1 on: 30 Jan 2019, 01:34 am »
The GR-NEO3 and BG NEO-10 drivers and baffles are available.

Btrmousetrap

« Reply #2 on: 30 Jan 2019, 04:13 am »
Hal,
thank you for sharing driver availability for the Neo monitor. I don’t want anyone to speak on Danny’s behalf but, if you are willing to speculate, what is the pricing and lower frequency driver configuration? Do you have first hand experience with the audio character of the monitor and low frequency section?m If so, what type of amplification and room size compatibility would be suggested?

Thank you in advance.

BTR.

HAL

• Industry Contributor
« Reply #3 on: 30 Jan 2019, 04:22 am »
That is a Danny question for the 3x6" lower section.  They are still in work last I read.

Danny Richie

« Reply #4 on: 30 Jan 2019, 04:06 pm »
I completed measuring and testing on a pair of the Super Mini's (Neo 10 and Neo 3) yesterday. They measured really smooth. Now to assemble the crossovers and get the pair up and playing. This is the upper section only. I also have a pair of the flat packs in stock.

My local CNC guy just called and has some Studio Monitor baffles ready. I'll head to downtown Wichita Falls in about an hour to go get them. If all goes well with the baffles I'll be building out several pairs of them right away. I have a pretty serious demand for those and a couple of studios wanting them right now.

Wedgies are done for now (out of stock) until I can get some more 3" driver made that perform well enough.

Captainhemo

« Reply #5 on: 30 Jan 2019, 04:47 pm »
Still have  a  few sets of the  Super Mini (Neo3/Neo10) baffles in stock too.  Need to get   some aditionall wings/bases cut but that  is a  quick fix.

jay

Btrmousetrap

« Reply #6 on: 31 Jan 2019, 01:30 pm »
Danny,

I am trying to move towards making a decision on speakers and am wondering how the super minis would  fair in a 16x22 room with 10 foot ceilings as far as “room filling” at 85db with sub, maybe higher on occasion if desired? (Read rock out) Same question for the studio monitors with sub. I realize the monitors may be less than ideal, but I’m adding in the WAF..... Maybe  :icon_twisted:

Thanks, I know you are a busy man and I appreciate you taking time to answer my questions.

BTRmousetrap

Danny Richie

« Reply #7 on: 31 Jan 2019, 03:14 pm »
Danny,

I am trying to move towards making a decision on speakers and am wondering how the super minis would  fair in a 16x22 room with 10 foot ceilings as far as “room filling” at 85db with sub, maybe higher on occasion if desired? (Read rock out) Same question for the studio monitors with sub. I realize the monitors may be less than ideal, but I’m adding in the WAF..... Maybe  :icon_twisted:

Thanks, I know you are a busy man and I appreciate you taking time to answer my questions.

BTRmousetrap

If you add some open baffle servo subs to the mix with those Super Mini's then they will more than fill your room. And I think everyone will be shocked at how transparent these things are going to be.

Tyson

• Audio - It's all a big fake.
« Reply #8 on: 31 Jan 2019, 03:35 pm »
If you add some open baffle servo subs to the mix with those Super Mini's then they will more than fill your room. And I think everyone will be shocked at how transparent these things are going to be.

I won't be shocked :)  The Neo10 and Neo3 is the best mid/tweeter combo out there.  And I've heard pretty much everything.  It's not just the transparency/detail that makes them so great.  It's also the absolutely perfect mid/tweeter transition.  Things things are seamless.  It just sounds like one big driver that just happens to cover everything from 200hz to 20khz.  That's ESPECIALLY important is you listen to Classical music 90% of the time as I do.  Trust me, being able to hear the difference between a cello, a voila, a lead violin and a backup violin is FAR more difficult to pull off than pretty much anything you'll hear in Rock/Pop or Jazz.  And don't even get me started on Soprano singers :P.  Really, the Neo10/Neo3 is better at this than every other mid/tweeter combo.  As I've already raved about in the Super 7 Owner's thread, several times :lol:

Btrmousetrap

« Reply #9 on: 31 Jan 2019, 05:57 pm »
Is the discussion of pricing best off line?

Thanks

mkane

« Reply #10 on: 2 Feb 2019, 03:53 pm »
  If they top my Wedgies I be at a loss for words. I implemented a few tweaks last night and was floored.

Danny Richie

« Reply #11 on: 3 Feb 2019, 12:48 am »
  If they top my Wedgies I be at a loss for words. I implemented a few tweaks last night and was floored.

The Wedgies are scary good.

mkane

« Reply #12 on: 11 Feb 2019, 02:13 am »
Super Minis get it on. Love the low-level detail.

RichPark

« Reply #13 on: 13 Feb 2019, 09:56 pm »
These Speakers look interesting. How much are they and when are they available

Danny Richie

« Reply #14 on: 13 Feb 2019, 11:00 pm »
These Speakers look interesting. How much are they and when are they available

These will not be very expensive for what they are.

I am building two pair of them right now.

They will be available soon.

RichPark

« Reply #15 on: 13 Feb 2019, 11:08 pm »
These would be very nice computer monitors. 

Beardy

« Reply #16 on: 14 Feb 2019, 09:55 pm »
How do they compare with the NX-Otica?

Danny Richie

« Reply #17 on: 14 Feb 2019, 10:41 pm »
How do they compare with the NX-Otica?

I worked most of the day on the cabinets of two pair. Let me get them finished, playing, burned in, etc and I'll give you guys feedback comparisons.

Obviously they are not a full open baffle design, and will lack the higher sensitivity of the NX-Otica.

But for a small room or studio these might be just the ticket.