Coffee and music

ZEH

Coffee and music
« on: 23 Oct 2022, 11:33 pm »
     As a fan of coffee and a listener of music, there are often moments when the two cross over. I think they can work beautifully together, and yet most cafes I go to either have no music playing, or basic pre-packaged corporate playlists on repeat day in day out. I drink a lot of coffee at home, and I listen to a lot of music, so for me part of the pleasure of a cafe is letting the baristas/owners show you their style of doing things. They might suggest drinks that they enjoy in the hopes that you will like them too, or introduce you to a roastery or coffee that they have had good experiences with. Very rarely, however, does this same philosophy translate to the music choice in such venues.

Do you also enjoy the idea of letting someone else take control in that moment? If someone else is choosing the music, would you rather they play something for easy listening, but vanilla and forgettable, or would you rather they push the boat out and potentially introduce you to something new? Does that all sound hellish and you just want to listen to your own music through headphones whilst chugging down another mug of bean water?