De Capos + Cary 300SEI?

Zanth

De Capos + Cary 300SEI?
« on: 31 May 2006, 08:16 pm »
Good Day,

I'm close to jumping on a pair of De Capos and a Cary 300SEI.  My cd player is a heavily modified Shanling (level 2 mods as well as some additional heavy work) and a Michell Gyro with Orbe platter, SME V arm and a Koetsu Black, Ear 834p phonostage.

I'm wondering how the Cary handles the DC's?  I'm looking for a rich musical sound, I'm okay for the detailed top end but I'm hoping, if anything, the Cary might roll off a bit of the DC's treble because of the room I have to have this setup in.  It's ridiculously small, very inappropriate for speakers but all I have at the moment.  

I mainly listen to chamber music, jazz, but like my electronica too.

mcrespo71

Re: De Capos + Cary 300SEI?
« Reply #1 on: 31 May 2006, 08:20 pm »
Quote from: Zanth
Good Day,

I'm close to jumping on a pair of De Capos and a Cary 300SEI.  My cd player is a heavily modified Shanling (level 2 mods as well as some additional heavy work) and a Michell Gyro with Orbe platter, SME V arm and a Koetsu Black, Ear 834p phonostage.

I'm wondering how the Cary handles the DC's?  I'm looking for a rich musical sound, I'm okay for the detailed top end but I'm hoping, if anything, the Cary might roll off a bit of the DC's treble because of the room I have to have this setup in.   ...

What size is your room?  I had the De Capo's in a room that was 15 X 13 and it worked, though I always had a bit of upper bass peak from the room.  I had the De Capo I's pulled out about 2.5 feet from the back wall.

Michael

Zanth

De Capos + Cary 300SEI?
« Reply #2 on: 31 May 2006, 09:17 pm »
My room is a very odd shape, the room is broken up by a bar.

I'd say it's about 8 ft x 15 ft for the most usuable area with an additional 3x 6 behind the bar,  but the horrid fact is that the ceilings are 7 ft only :(  

Can't do anything about this, the top floor is offlimits with two young kids who enjoy playing with flashy gear.