2012 Capitol Audio Fest

simon wagstaff

Re: 2012 Capitol Audio Fest
« Reply #20 on: 9 Jul 2012, 12:18 pm »
Just want to mention that Baying Hound Aleworks is having a release party Thursday, Friday, and Saturday. They are just down the road on Taft Street. They are Maryland's second smallest commercial brewery and kind of fun to check out. Normally you can only get tastings but when they have an even like this they can serve a full pint. I am planning on checking out the show Saturday morning and then heading over there for a little bit.

rollo

• Industry Participant
  • Rollo Audio Consulting -
« Reply #21 on: 9 Jul 2012, 01:42 pm »
  Hey Guys We will be in room 347 as Swap Meet Audio, stop by for some cold beers and bring your CDs.

charles

Letitroll98

• Facilitator
  • Too loud is just right
« Reply #22 on: 9 Jul 2012, 03:07 pm »
Also debating on if we could meet for lunch. Nothing major, just a lunch special/appetizer snack at whatever chain bar-n-grill is in the area.

I had a salad at the hotel before a couple of drinks there for lunch.  Seems way easier than rounding up everyone twice in one day.  And it maximizes time at the show.

mix4fix

• Volunteer
  • I reject your music, and substitute my own.
« Reply #23 on: 9 Jul 2012, 04:06 pm »
I had a salad at the hotel before a couple of drinks there for lunch.  Seems way easier than rounding up everyone twice in one day.  And it maximizes time at the show.

That's an idea. When Phil answers my PM I'll ask about lunch. I really don't want fast food again; I would rather have some wings or potato skins or something a little better than a sandwich. Only thing is he's banned from the tool store; last year, he spent 6 hours in that joint.

Phil A

« Reply #24 on: 9 Jul 2012, 04:12 pm »
That's an idea. When Phil answers my PM I'll ask about lunch. I really don't want fast food again; I would rather have some wings or potato skins or something a little better than a sandwich. Only thing is he's banned from the tool store; last year, he spent 6 hours in that joint.

Left you a voice mail - your inbox was full here

Scottdazzle

« Reply #25 on: 9 Jul 2012, 04:46 pm »
Dogfish for Saturday dinner. We will go after the the gift drawings.

See you all there!

DTB300

« Reply #26 on: 9 Jul 2012, 05:20 pm »
I will be there Friday as the weekend already has a lot of things planned, but you never know.

Anyone going Friday???

Phil A

« Reply #27 on: 9 Jul 2012, 05:39 pm »
I will be there Friday as the weekend already has a lot of things planned, but you never know.

Anyone going Friday???

I have to take care of some things and if I get them done, I'll likely go after lunch on Friday.

r.wasserstrom

« Reply #28 on: 9 Jul 2012, 06:53 pm »
I will see you there.  I may visit Friday to get a quick look and return Saturday to see more and join everyone for lunch or dinner.
Rich

Part-Time Audiophile

• Bright. Shiny. Mine?
    • Part-Time Audiophile
« Reply #29 on: 9 Jul 2012, 09:28 pm »
Pretty excited for this show. Supposed to be even bigger than last year ....

BPoletti

« Reply #30 on: 9 Jul 2012, 09:34 pm »
VPI will be showing their new table.  Not sure who they will be teamed up with, but it should be interesting. 

AmpDesigner333

• Industry Participant
  • Detailed AND Musical
    • Digital Amplifier Company
« Reply #31 on: 9 Jul 2012, 09:41 pm »
Zu Audio will have a Cherry ULTRA there......

Zu Superflys and DEF OMENs were powered by this same amp on Saturday at shadowlight's rave in Princeton.  Great synergy with that combination!  Thanks, Sean, by the way.

I will not be able to attend, however, due to family stuff planned before I knew about the show.

-Tommy O

Letitroll98

• Facilitator
  • Too loud is just right
« Reply #32 on: 10 Jul 2012, 03:49 am »
Zu Audio will have a Cherry ULTRA there......

Zu Superflys and DEF OMENs were powered by this same amp on Saturday at shadowlight's rave in Princeton.  Great synergy with that combination!  Thanks, Sean, by the way.

I will not be able to attend, however, due to family stuff planned before I knew about the show.

-Tommy O

Hey Tommy, since Sean will be all worried about speaker and cable sales, he prolly won't be watching the Cherry too closely.  I'll bet we can sneak it out for test drive, bring it back in a couple weeks, or so, maybe.....

Seriously folks, I thought the Cherry was a much better match for the Zu Omen Def's and Soul Superfly than the mid priced tube amp that had been running them.  Like to hear them on the Def IV's if he has them running with lowly solid state, not likely tho. 

There was a consensus, at least of neutral parties, on the sound produced by the Zu speakers in general.  I'll be interested in what showgoers have to say afterwards. 

DTB300

« Reply #33 on: 10 Jul 2012, 12:31 pm »
Looking forward to finally meeting Sean from Zu Audio.  Have had many email conversations regarding their cable lineup....

Letitroll98

• Facilitator
  • Too loud is just right
« Reply #34 on: 11 Jul 2012, 02:43 am »
There are some great people in audio sales and manufacturing.  Some of my favorites are Sean Casey from Zu, Pierre Sprey from Mapleshade, AJ from Soundfield and our own AC (He actually has a full name, but prefers just AJ), Jim Salk from Salk Speakers and his collaborator Dennis Murphy from Philharmonic, and Alex Sventitsky from WyWires.  Can't remember his name, but that nut from High Water Sound is a trip.

mix4fix

• Volunteer
« Reply #35 on: 11 Jul 2012, 03:10 am »
There are some great people in audio sales and manufacturing.  Some of my favorites are Sean Casey from Zu, Pierre Sprey from Mapleshade, AJ from Soundfield and our own AC (He actually has a full name, but prefers just AJ), Jim Salk from Salk Speakers and his collaborator Dennis Murphy from Philharmonic, and Alex Sventitsky from WyWires.  Can't remember his name, but that nut from High Water Sound is a trip.

Can't forget Alex of Cathedral speakers; Phil and I always make it a point to say hello to him.

lonewolfny42

• Speakers....What Speakers ?
« Reply #36 on: 11 Jul 2012, 04:45 am »
  Can't remember his name, but that nut from High Water Sound is a trip.

Jeff Catalano....he loves vinyl....and many styles of music... 8)

mix4fix

• Volunteer
« Reply #37 on: 13 Jul 2012, 01:10 pm »

We are gonna have lunch at the hotel. I gotta PM him on what time.

Better yet, Phil, what time should we eat? We can grab a table or two and few others can join us.

We need to keep tabs on who's going to Dog Fish that evening. We should warn D.F. when we are coming with our large group.

Phil A

« Reply #38 on: 13 Jul 2012, 01:27 pm »
We are gonna have lunch at the hotel. I gotta PM him on what time.

Better yet, Phil, what time should we eat? We can grab a table or two and few others can join us.

We need to keep tabs on who's going to Dog Fish that evening. We should warn D.F. when we are coming with our large group.

We can play to get there if you get to my place by 11:00 a bit before noon and grab tables.  If we're there by 11:45, I'd think we won't have a problem.

Letitroll98

• Facilitator
  • Too loud is just right
« Reply #39 on: 13 Jul 2012, 11:10 pm »

Ha!  Remember we used up two pages of thread worring about that last year and four showed.  We thought it would be twenty.   :lol: