At long last, the wait is almost over.

ooheadsoo

At long last, the wait is almost over.
« on: 6 May 2010, 04:53 am »
Some of you know that I have been waiting for Timepieces for quite a while.  The wait has been long and was especially heart wrenching when the economic downturn started to roll around and we saw the first used SP Tech speakers hit the market for a huge hit off the new price.  I was forced to pass up on those speakers because I had already invested in a new pair from Bob.  If anyone cared enough, they could probably dig up my posts and find that I have been waiting for these speakers for astonishingly long time.  Recent threads reveal some of the crazy things that have been happening behind the scenes, some of which I knew, much of which I had no idea about.  It always seemed like things were finally going to take a turn for the better but some emergency would always come up and my speakers would remain MIA.

Technically, what with SP Tech having declared bankruptcy, Bob doesn't have legal obligation to deliver on these speakers.  Many would have given up...sometimes I don't blame them.  Some of my friends have told me long ago that I could write that money off, that it's clear that Bob must be some kind of scam artist.

Here's the bottom line - from the things Bob's written and from the times we've spoken over the phone or in person, I had faith that he would come though.  Now, ironically, maybe it's even a blessing in disguise because it looks like Bob made a couple improvements in the tweeter selection and crossover.  Bob's also stated in another thread that he's thrown in a pair of Black Boxes for me, and I could never have dreamed of affording those on my own.  I don't think I could even have sprung for Nuforce's Magic Boxes.  There's considerable value in these "freebies."  What's more, I doubt I could ever have afforded to pay for Bob to upgrade my Timepieces, if I had received them before he made the recent breakthrough, especially considering what it costs to ship them.

Bob's given me a pair of tracking numbers, and the speakers should arrive next week.  I can hardly believe it.  The proof will be in the pudding. 

lonewolfny42

• Speakers....What Speakers ?
Re: At long last, the wait is almost over.
« Reply #1 on: 6 May 2010, 05:10 am »
Bob's given me a pair of tracking numbers, and the speakers should arrive next week.  I can hardly believe it.

That's good to hear..... :thumb:

Goosepond

• Virna!
« Reply #2 on: 6 May 2010, 07:55 pm »
Hi abe,

Good to hear your long wait is almost over. I could try to let you know what you're in for listening-wise but you wouldn't believe me anyway.  :thumb:

All I can say is if your TP's sound better than mine, I'll be awfully jealous.  :green:

Gene

ooheadsoo

« Reply #3 on: 12 May 2010, 05:32 am »
Hm, I have a smile on my face.

lonewolfny42

« Reply #4 on: 12 May 2010, 05:38 am »
Hm, I have a smile on my face.

Does that mean your speakers have arrived ?

Goosepond

• Virna!
« Reply #5 on: 12 May 2010, 03:11 pm »
Does that mean your speakers have arrived ?

Or it could just be his birthday!  :thumb:

Gene

ooheadsoo

« Reply #6 on: 13 May 2010, 04:25 am »
My birthday was last month, so you're not too far off.

Sorry, my computer was infected with some crazy malware last night or i would have posted some quick unboxing pictures.

They have indeed arrived, and WOW.  I'm starting to think i either didn't assemble my av2s correctly, or i bumped them too hard and something went wrong inside the box...

I'm afraid my frame of reference for $5500 speakers is limited, but, uh, these speakers sound very impressive in even my room.  There's definitely something special going on here.

lonewolfny42

« Reply #7 on: 13 May 2010, 04:33 am »
They have indeed arrived, and WOW.

NICE !!!.....enjoy.

Don't forget some photos.... :beer:

ooheadsoo

« Reply #8 on: 13 May 2010, 04:45 am »
unfortunately, my computer is still, down.  I'm posting from an iPad.  I'll definitely post when I can.

Goosepond

• Virna!
« Reply #9 on: 13 May 2010, 05:31 pm »
Congrats. I'm anxious to see what Bob's latest version of these beauties look like.

I've got mine hooked up so I also listen to TV with them. It's amazing how good that bass sounds on some TV commercials!  :thumb:

Gene

ooheadsoo

« Reply #10 on: 13 May 2010, 08:31 pm »
I've only listened to a little jazz and classical on them so far, buttheyre reallyimpressingme. big images and serious bass.  detail and air.  and it turns up pretty well, too!