Advice/Opinions Greatly Appreciated

Napalm

Re: Advice/Opinions Greatly Appreciated
« Reply #40 on: 22 May 2010, 04:08 am »
Don't worry Napalm. I will get your 4B system sounding good..... Just quit listening to yourself and do what i do....voila... beautiful music

No way. No tubes allowed here. One single exception - the one in the microwave oven.

Nap.  :thumb:

werd

« Reply #41 on: 22 May 2010, 04:16 am »
No way. No tubes allowed here. One single exception - the one in the microwave oven.

You have a bp6 don't ya.?

Ryanz

« Reply #42 on: 22 May 2010, 04:16 am »
Fess' it up. You're somewhere in Quebec.

Nap.

HAHAHA! I wish. I love Canada. Only been to BC though. Now, if I may ask another question. I need to extend my cord to reach a different outlet? I was thinking a 10ga-12ga extension cord. Opinions?

werd

« Reply #43 on: 22 May 2010, 04:29 am »
Well maybe in Nap's system, but not mine. Find a clean outlet, not extension cords or surge protectors...

Ryanz

« Reply #44 on: 22 May 2010, 04:44 am »
Well I guess I'm rearranging my living room. I've been wanting to do that for a while anyway, I guess I just needed the right motivation.

skunark

« Reply #45 on: 22 May 2010, 05:18 am »
Just to add a little more fuel to the fire..    You might actually want to use a surge protector on you receiver.  Most receivers and integrated amps don't have the surge protections the amps like the 4B have.    Keep in mind that if you do get a surge protector is not only should protect under/over voltages from the outlet but also from the other components.  i.e. lightening strike on a dish or tv/fm antenna that is improperly grounded can also find it's way on the flip side of the surge protector. 

werd

« Reply #46 on: 22 May 2010, 06:30 am »
No, do not put a surge protector on anything unless you want to kill it.

Just go buy a Torus.......

skunark

« Reply #47 on: 22 May 2010, 06:43 am »

Just go buy a Torus.......

Torus are still surge protectors.. :)

werd

« Reply #48 on: 22 May 2010, 02:52 pm »
Torus are still surge protectors.. :)

they have a surge component between the wall and their transformer... who cares. Its not between the transformer and amp.

Napalm

« Reply #49 on: 22 May 2010, 03:22 pm »
Are we gonna start a "my house wiring is better/thicker/longer than yours" thing.....  :duh:

Napalm

« Reply #50 on: 22 May 2010, 04:16 pm »

Weird, get rid of them tubes. If they were any good, you would also have  "videophile" tube based TVs these days. But since image quality is way easier to measure and demonstrate than sound.....

werd

« Reply #51 on: 22 May 2010, 05:26 pm »
Weird, get rid of them tubes. If they were any good, you would also have  "videophile" tube based TVs these days. But since image quality is way easier to measure and demonstrate than sound.....

Napalm, you  are such  pozer.... :lol:

vegasdave

• My online rock magazine-Crypt Magazine
« Reply #52 on: 22 May 2010, 05:44 pm »
 :lol:

Ryanz

« Reply #53 on: 22 May 2010, 05:59 pm »
You guys were a huge help. Thanks for the info. I'll hit you guys up with some more questions when they arise.

werd

« Reply #54 on: 22 May 2010, 06:06 pm »
You guys were a huge help. Thanks for the info. I'll hit you guys up with some more questions when they arise.

Np, love to help. I experienced everything you are going through now. Been down that road.

Napalm

« Reply #55 on: 22 May 2010, 06:10 pm »
Np, love to help. I experienced everything you are going through now. Been down that road.

But somewhere in the dark he lost compass and was attracted by shimmering lights of tubes at the horizon....

Werd - you can never reach horizon no matter how much you walk.

Nap.  :nono:

werd

« Reply #56 on: 22 May 2010, 07:22 pm »
But somewhere in the dark he lost compass and was attracted by shimmering lights of tubes at the horizon....

Werd - you can never reach horizon no matter how much you walk.

Nap.  :nono:

Yah but at least i know where i'm going.....

vegasdave

• My online rock magazine-Crypt Magazine
« Reply #57 on: 22 May 2010, 07:41 pm »
Hey werd, what tube equipment do you have?

Napalm

« Reply #58 on: 22 May 2010, 07:52 pm »
Yah but at least i know where i'm going.....

Don't stray from that direction and given enough time you'll eventually reach again the point where you started from....

We're waiting for you there listening to music with a glass of fine port wine in hand....

werd

« Reply #59 on: 22 May 2010, 07:57 pm »
Hey werd, what tube equipment do you have?

Hi Vegas

Went and bought a Response audio Max bella. i had both my bryston and bella side by side on my rack until recently. Need cash so i sold my Bryston only since i've had it so long and its easier to sell. I planned on keeping em both but couldnt.

Side by side comparing at full gain on the Bella pre, i like the Bryston better.
But at the lower gain setting on the Bella, i have to admit i like the Bella better.  Its more laid back and thats how i like to listen to my tunes.