Be "STILL" my Heart

werd

Re: Be "STILL" my Heart
« Reply #20 on: 21 Feb 2014, 08:19 pm »
Could be - not sure - they were loaded to me.

james

I don't like the height it gives to the pieces in the pics.

redbook

• the music is the blood...........
« Reply #21 on: 21 Feb 2014, 08:54 pm »
I use 3 small rubber chair leg caps under my  bp25 and a  3 pound weight on top :thumb:

PRELUDE

« Reply #22 on: 22 Feb 2014, 02:45 am »
http://www.amazon.com/Bench-Dog-10-035-Cookie-Grippers/dp/B0037Z7D0A/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1393035657&sr=8-1&keywords=bench+cookies

Do not worry about the writing. You can buy the black one and has no writing on it and it cost only $9 for 4
Of course you always can print Nordost on it then it will cost $9000 for 3 and if you want 4 it would be just few thousand more. :slap:

Samurai7595

« Reply #23 on: 22 Feb 2014, 02:12 pm »
I don't like the height it gives to the pieces in the pics.

Same here plus I often question the efficiency of "upgraded" footers on gear that has no moving parts like streamers without hard drives, DACs, pre-amps, power amps, etc.

To me, it makes a lot more sense under gear like turntables, streamers with hard drives, CD players/transports, DVD players, speakers, etc.

James Tanner

• Facilitator
  • The Demo is Everything!
    • http://www.bryston.com
« Reply #24 on: 22 Feb 2014, 02:21 pm »
Same here plus I often question the efficiency of "upgraded" footers on gear that has no moving parts like streamers without hard drives, DACs, pre-amps, power amps, etc.

To me, it makes a lot more sense under gear like turntables, streamers with hard drives, CD players/transports, DVD players, speakers, etc.

OK I have done some research and I think there are totally different philosophies applied on these types of products.  These ones I have are designed to 'Isolate and Drain the Vibrations' from the attached component as well as from acoustic vibrations from other components whereas others are designed to act as a 'conduit' to drain the energy from the component to a larger mass.  Remember that you can not 'create or destroy' energy --- you can only change its form.  So most of these items rely on changing the Kinetic Vibrational energy into Heat if I understand the science correctly.

As for components without moving parts many still have transformers and micro vibrations according to the manufacturers of these types of footers.

james

jaxwired

« Reply #25 on: 23 Feb 2014, 01:35 am »
If I put any footer under my gear and the "magic" disappeared I would shoot myself for even thinking that it disappeared. The diff between "meh" and "wow" better not be a freaking footer. Good luck with this James. Elizabeth and Thunderbrick are on top of this thing, without the bowl of mixed nuts.

Well said.  Just more proof that we are easily fooled by our ears.  There are two kinds of audiophiles, those that understand how easily our ears can deceive us and those with very light wallets. 

Tympani

« Reply #26 on: 26 Feb 2014, 07:31 pm »
Well...I suspect the negativity towards experimentation that's popping up in this thread will ultimately kill it. After all, what enthusiast wants to be shot down for spending some hard-earned coin and time to get the best out of their system with a footer? Or fuse? Or power cord? Any scientist will tell you its The Placebo Effect.

Its funny, because the OP, our illustrious facilitator, seemed to be inviting a nice dialog about our thoughts and experiences.

I'm a bit puzzled at those who would buy a component with high-end aspirations, and assume it's already at its best just sitting on the shelf, stock. Sure, obviously not every tweak yields benefits. As you can read in my initial response, most footers I tried frankly detracted from the sound. I had them around, so I tried them. Without that curiosity where would we be?

And as we all know, much of today's standard equipment was yesterday's tweak!
« Last Edit: 26 Feb 2014, 08:35 pm by Tympani »

BrysTony

« Reply #27 on: 26 Feb 2014, 11:52 pm »

Interesting statement.  Can you give some examples?

Tony

PMAT

« Reply #28 on: 27 Feb 2014, 01:33 am »
Well...I suspect the negativity towards experimentation that's popping up in this thread will ultimately kill it. After all, what enthusiast wants to be shot down for spending some hard-earned coin and time to get the best out of their system with a footer? Or fuse? Or power cord? Any scientist will tell you its The Placebo Effect.

Its funny, because the OP, our illustrious facilitator, seemed to be inviting a nice dialog about our thoughts and experiences.

I'm a bit puzzled at those who would buy a component with high-end aspirations, and assume it's already at its best just sitting on the shelf, stock. Sure, obviously not every tweak yields benefits. As you can read in my initial response, most footers I tried frankly detracted from the sound. I had them around, so I tried them. Without that curiosity where would we be?

The above statement is a good one. However, tweaks are fractional improvements in my book. Your first post made seriously bold statements like. "gimmicky flashy 3-D sound that got tiring real fast" I just can't believe you or anyone could hear such a thing with a footer. Psychotropic drugs might do it but not a footer.

Tympani

« Reply #29 on: 27 Feb 2014, 01:56 pm »
PMAT, thanks for appreciating my last post. The words used in my initial post reflect the realization that when music is a crucial part of your life, and the holy grail is the absolute reproduction of a live performance, any steps that bring you closer to that goal are downright exciting, and very rewarding. Steps that detract are downright annoying. My bit (but not much) of hyperbole is an expression of the substantial impact these adjustments make in a well-honed and, most importantly, familiar system.

As your tagline so rightly states, "There is magic here"

Cheers!