Lets see your O.B. speakers....!

bladesmith

• water quenching steel since 2001....
    • palmer knives
Re: Lets see your O.B. speakers....!
« Reply #500 on: 16 Dec 2021, 05:46 am »
Tyson,
Totally jealous of your listening space..
Well done.. :thumb:

SinSilla

« Reply #501 on: 24 Dec 2021, 11:05 am »
Hello and Merry Christmas,

I'm new around here and thought it might be a good idea to start with my listening room.

Best regards from Berlin,

Philipp

FullRangeMan

• Volunteer
  • To whom more was given more will be required.
    • Never go to a psychiatrist, adopt a straycat or dog. On the street they live only two years average.
« Reply #502 on: 25 Dec 2021, 07:00 am »
Fantastisch blau raum, congratulations :thumb:
Very refreshing feeling see these paintings.

SinSilla

« Reply #503 on: 25 Dec 2021, 04:18 pm »
Thanks! It sure is something different I believe. 😁

Jazzman53

• Jazzman's DIY Electrostatic Loudspeaker Page
    • Jazzman's Electrostatic Loudspeaker Page
« Reply #504 on: 25 Dec 2021, 04:35 pm »
Been tweaking speaker positioning more, adjusting levels, crossover points and such. Really getting these dialed in. The result of all that work was that the AutoEQ in the dbx Venu 360 had to implement a lot less in order to make corrections.
Afterwards, I played my reference songs from Phil Collins - In The Air Tonight, I Don't Care Anymore, and Genesis - Mama. Songs/albums that I have lived and breathed for the past 30+ years. Also Carley Simon -Coming Around Again and Sting - Why Should I Cry For You and When The Angels Fall.

Especially while playing the Phil Collins and Genesis tracks, tonight was the first time in a very long time that my system made me get chills down my spine and actually start laughing to myself because how damn good it sounded! The last time this happened was when I was running HUGE open baffles back in the early 2000's with Usher Audio 15" drivers and Altec Voice Of The Theater 511B horns and 908-8b drivers. And this system is more refined than that system was, and much smaller by comparison!

Sheer dynamic swing, purely effortless slam, in-the-room vocals and drums, stage width and depth galore! And the naturalness and realistic presentation of it all... And this is STILL with the flimsy temp baffles and only one bass driver per side. I still have six more of these Eminence Acoustinator N2012 drivers to install (three per channel).

This is the RTA on the dbx Venu 360 after all the tweaking and running AutoEQ again, now with a lot less processing needed.

Don't you love the Venu 360! 

I bought one after seeing yours, and it's an amazing piece of equipment-- my homebuilt hybrid ESL's never sounded so good :-) 

studiotech

« Reply #505 on: 25 Dec 2021, 06:20 pm »
Philipp

Your room is fantastic!  I'm in love with the design and colors.  Well done!

Greg

rockadanny

« Reply #506 on: 11 Jan 2022, 04:53 pm »
Pure Audio Project Trio15 Horn1 speakers.
I didn't build these but did have to assemble them. These are exactly what I was looking for - adding more openness and clarity to the sound. And increasing sensitivity was a plus as well (from 87dB boxes to 96dB OBs w/horn).

I am still getting used to adjusting the volume on these. With my previous box speakers, which required a kick in the pants to sound their best, I turned them up until the room was loaded. These require less volume to sound proper. And the bass ... I love the way the bass sounds. Plus, since I am getting down to 25Hz +-0dB in-room I was able to sell my subs to help finance these puppies (which was a requirement for the swap).

I had to dial back the L/R channel gains on my preamp for these higher sensitivity speakers. SO glad I can easily do that on my Mapletree Audio 2A/SE preamp.

« Last Edit: 11 Jan 2022, 08:12 pm by rockadanny »

Early B.

« Reply #507 on: 11 Jan 2022, 06:32 pm »
I didn't build these but did have to assemble them. These are exactly what I was looking for -

Awesome!!!

twitch54

« Reply #508 on: 11 Jan 2022, 10:14 pm »
Pure Audio Project Trio15 Horn1 speakers.
I didn't build these but did have to assemble them. These are exactly what I was looking for - adding more openness and clarity to the sound. And increasing sensitivity was a plus as well (from 87dB boxes to 96dB OBs w/horn).

I am still getting used to adjusting the volume on these. With my previous box speakers, which required a kick in the pants to sound their best, I turned them up until the room was loaded. These require less volume to sound proper. And the bass ... I love the way the bass sounds. Plus, since I am getting down to 25Hz +-0dB in-room I was able to sell my subs to help finance these puppies (which was a requirement for the swap).

I had to dial back the L/R channel gains on my preamp for these higher sensitivity speakers. SO glad I can easily do that on my Mapletree Audio 2A/SE preamp.

I like it !!   :thumb:

rockadanny

« Reply #509 on: 12 Jan 2022, 12:26 am »
Thanks fellers  :thumb:
Seriously, these are my final speakers. I mean it! (Had I nickel for every time an audiophool said that after acquiring a new piece of kit ...   :lol: )

TomS

« Reply #510 on: 12 Jan 2022, 01:27 am »
Seriously, these are my final speakers. I mean it! (Had I nickel for every time an audiophool said that after acquiring a new piece of kit ...   :lol: )
Seems like you have chosen wisely  :thumb:

Tyson

• Audio - It's all a big fake.
« Reply #511 on: 12 Jan 2022, 01:35 am »

The PAP's are seriously good speakers.  I was super impressed with them every time I heard them at RMAF.

raelman

« Reply #512 on: 14 Jan 2022, 07:50 am »
My LX521

My Dali Skyline 1000 (under restoration)

pompon

« Reply #513 on: 18 Feb 2022, 07:38 pm »
My system

4 way active (with subs)
Raal 140-15d, Supravox 215rtf64 and Faital Pro 18fh500, Rel G1

four binaural recording with sennheiser ambeo
https://youtu.be/MpyC8svGy5c
https://youtu.be/XwVVkeCWxlA
https://youtu.be/Q6ow5JjrqjE
https://youtu.be/piq8afwaaqA
https://youtu.be/-5xA6zN9zOY
« Last Edit: 15 Mar 2022, 04:42 am by pompon »

RePete72

« Reply #514 on: 9 Apr 2022, 07:31 pm »
My LX521

Hey Raelman

That’s quite a collection of speakers

Can you share your thoughts on the differences between the
LX521 and Troels Loudspeaker?

RonP

« Reply #515 on: 10 May 2022, 11:44 pm »
For sure, this is not the most efficient way to do bass, especially since I enjoy listening at concert levels and want to feel the bass with Kraftwerk....but its fast, clean, deep, and best of all, no room modes! They are driven by a pair of NX6000D's which also handle the crossover (275hz) to the full range Faitals (2 x 4FE32 + 4 x 3FE22)....and no....no comb filter effects!

These subwoofer drivers facing each other, is this arrange only used for sub and bass? Or will it work for mids as well?

opnly bafld

• 83 Klipsch LSIs
« Reply #516 on: 11 May 2022, 02:55 am »
These subwoofer drivers facing each other, is this arrange only used for sub and bass? Or will it work for mids as well?

Low bass only.

tull skull

• I can't send hare in search of anything!
« Reply #517 on: 11 May 2022, 05:25 am »
Hope he doesn't mind me saying it but k9vap was the creator of one of the best price/performance vinyl playback systems ever! The Trans-Fi Audio Terminator Arm-Salvation Table system.

RonP

« Reply #518 on: 11 May 2022, 01:06 pm »

DaveWin88

« Reply #519 on: 17 May 2022, 12:19 am »
Wow some excellent examples I never knew existed. Really loving the Spatial M6 speakers.