UPS Delivered these today! Working on new Speakers!

mresseguie

• SW1X DAC+ D Sachs 300b + Daedalus Apollos = Heaven
Re: UPS Delivered these today! Working on new Speakers!
« Reply #20 on: 5 Nov 2019, 06:47 pm »
JLM,

Do you mean to suggest that Jim Salk could rework my TV cabinet? Are you suggesting I ship the cabinet to him to mod and fit with subs; followed by shipping it back to me? Imagine the shipping costs... :nono:

JackD/JohnR,

The cabinets are spacious enough that I could slip a sealed sub into each; drill a couple holes in the back panel of the TV cabinet for wires/cables and ventilation, and reinforce the cabinet walls with plywood and/or noise damping materials. This could work. It may not be acoustically ideal, but my wife would not have to look at the ugly black boxes and I wouldn't go stark raving mad from complaints.  :thumb:

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
I'm seriously looking into rectangular three-way cabinets using the CSS-Audio tweeters and LDW7 woofers with a 4" to 6" midrange in between. The Satori 5" mid and a Scan-Speak 5.5" revelator look promising (so many to choose from that I get dizzy thinking about the possibilities!). This design assumes I'll have two Rythmik F12G subs inside the TV stand cabinets.

JackD

« Reply #21 on: 5 Nov 2019, 07:16 pm »
That's good if they fit then you can stick with Brian's basic finishes.

JLM

• The elephant normally IS the room
« Reply #22 on: 6 Nov 2019, 01:28 pm »
JLM,

Do you mean to suggest that Jim Salk could rework my TV cabinet? Are you suggesting I ship the cabinet to him to mod and fit with subs; followed by shipping it back to me? Imagine the shipping costs... :nono:

JackD/JohnR,

The cabinets are spacious enough that I could slip a sealed sub into each; drill a couple holes in the back panel of the TV cabinet for wires/cables and ventilation, and reinforce the cabinet walls with plywood and/or noise damping materials. This could work. It may not be acoustically ideal, but my wife would not have to look at the ugly black boxes and I wouldn't go stark raving mad from complaints.  :thumb:

Doubt the sound would be proper putting a sub inside the cabinets or down firing if not designed to do so (clearance between driver and floor being critical) but would solve the WAF issue.  Sending the cabinets to Salk shouldn't be a problem for a man of your good standing.   :)