Anyone using sealed dual subs to enhance your stereo sound?

geowak

Re: Anyone using sealed dual subs to enhance your stereo sound?
« Reply #40 on: 5 Aug 2014, 04:56 pm »
I use a pair of servo GR SW-12s in sealed enclosures in my main music system along with Vandy 2Ce Sig speakers. The subs add a nice bottom foundation that augments the Vandys with low end presence and punch.

I like the servo technology, tight and clean for music -- May not be optimal for HT use.
That is some nice woodworking. It looks like your DIY handiwork. I wish I had the tools and experience to build my own cabinets for the GR woofers and seperate boxes for the amps like you have done. I would just order the servo amps and woofers and make the boxes myself! It seems like the Rythmik and GR combo is really fast and tight, and integrates well with speakers for stereo listening.

cody69

« Reply #41 on: 5 Aug 2014, 11:17 pm »
That is some nice woodworking. It looks like your DIY handiwork. I wish I had the tools and experience to build my own cabinets for the GR woofers and seperate boxes for the amps like you have done. I would just order the servo amps and woofers and make the boxes myself! It seems like the Rythmik and GR combo is really fast and tight, and integrates well with speakers for stereo listening.

Thanks. Here's a thread with some more details that may interest you.

http://www.audiocircle.com/index.php?topic=77367.msg731965#msg731965

Over on the GR Research forum there are folks that offer flat packs for most of the speaker cabinets. Very likely one of them can help you out with the cabinets, leaving you to do the glue-up, add a finish of your desire, and screw in the drivers.

Good luck and let us know how you make out.

thunderbrick

• Volunteer
  • I'm just not right!
« Reply #42 on: 6 Aug 2014, 03:05 am »
If you leave the subs "stacked" wiring out of phase would only tend to cancel the energy.

You could try "dipole" configuring, by having one fire in the opposite direction.

If you want to try one out of phase, move it to the opposite side of the room and wire it out of phase like Woodsyi.

Opposite as in 180 degrees, diagonally across the room?  Both on front wall or one on back wall?

THANKS!

John Casler

« Reply #43 on: 6 Aug 2014, 03:29 am »
Opposite as in 180 degrees, diagonally across the room?  Both on front wall or one on back wall?

THANKS!

Yes one front, one rear

thunderbrick

• Volunteer
  • I'm just not right!
« Reply #44 on: 6 Aug 2014, 03:40 am »
GREAT!  I've pre-wired my room for just that possibility!

I'll try it this weekend!

THANKS!