Spatial M3 Triode Master

Wind Chaser

Re: Spatial M3 Triode Master
« Reply #80 on: 30 Jun 2017, 05:41 pm »
You might be waiting a long time. Odds are you won't have to wait as long for a used pair of the Turbo S version. Regardless, there's no gurantee that a used pair will be broken in. You have to push these really hard for an extended period of time. I've driven everyone crazy, including myself and the dog; day after day... all day long... walls, windows, doors and floors rattling. I turn it off at night, but by day no mercy. By god the amp is maxed out, sometimes tripping into protection mode, but goddamn, it's worth it!  :lol:

glynnw

• I have tin ears.
« Reply #81 on: 30 Jun 2017, 06:14 pm »
To slefley regarding your Shindo Appetite and the Triode Masters, I am using a Shindo Montille 6V6 on my TMs and it is lovely.  I am pretty sure the speakers are now more efficient than prior to the conversion, so 12 or 15 watts is plenty.  Each day it seems to be improving - this may simply be my enthusiasm affecting my hearing.

rollo

• Industry Participant
  • Rollo Audio Consulting -
« Reply #82 on: 30 Jun 2017, 06:36 pm »
    Maybe the Manf. would consider running them in for potential customers for free or for a small  fee. Using ones gear to do so especially if tubed is a hardship.
    Not only would this help the customer it would eliminate any doubt of purchase.

charles

sumoking

« Reply #83 on: 1 Jul 2017, 12:47 am »
I have a pair of fully broken in M3 Turbo S's.  Under a year old and not a scratch on them. It's true i cranked up the music for hours, days, weeks, and these speakers are smooth and fully broken in.

I won't part with them easily.

Would you be interested in making me a fair offer?  Send me a private message?

Sumo..

Wind Chaser

« Reply #84 on: 10 Jul 2017, 02:40 pm »
Thanks for the replies. Looks like I'll wait - probably for quite a while - for a M3TM to come on the used market.

Looks like you don't have wait anymore... http://www.audiocircle.com/index.php?topic=151445.msg1619652;topicseen#new

sumoking

« Reply #85 on: 11 Jul 2017, 04:51 am »
I heard the Crecendos  and thought I wanted to change to the speakers.  I know its a lot more money, but I considered it. 

I decided to instead to put another $100 into making more diffusers and improving the sound in my room.  Huge difference.  I learned this a long time ago.  When you think you need to spend thousands more on a new upgrade or component that investing a small amount in making your room sound better is a far more cost effective way to get you there.

I'll upgrade to the Triode Master, but I do wish there was some feedback on how they sound?  The only one I have heard that had the upgrade is already putting them up for sale.

Does anyone that have them have feedback as to how they sound compared to the M3 Turbo S's?

Many thanks.

zybar

• Volunteer
  • Dutch and Dutch 8C's…yes they are that good!
« Reply #86 on: 11 Jul 2017, 11:23 am »
I heard the Crecendos  and thought I wanted to change to the speakers.  I know its a lot more money, but I considered it. 

I decided to instead to put another $100 into making more diffusers and improving the sound in my room.  Huge difference.  I learned this a long time ago.  When you think you need to spend thousands more on a new upgrade or component that investing a small amount in making your room sound better is a far more cost effective way to get you there.

I'll upgrade to the Triode Master, but I do wish there was some feedback on how they sound?  The only one I have heard that had the upgrade is already putting them up for sale.

Does anyone that have them have feedback as to how they sound compared to the M3 Turbo S's?

Many thanks.

FWIW, the seller of the speakers loves the way they sound.

He is selling the speakers (and his other 2 channel gear) as he is getting out of 2 channel due priority changes in his life.

George
« Last Edit: 11 Jul 2017, 08:11 pm by zybar »

rockadanny

« Reply #87 on: 11 Jul 2017, 06:40 pm »
I have known the seller personally for many years and he is the kindest, most trustworthy soul as I've ever met. Have no fear or doubt in buying from him at all.

jtwrace

• www.theintellectualpeoplepodcast.com
    • TIPP YouTube Channel
« Reply #88 on: 11 Jul 2017, 06:59 pm »
I have known the seller personally for many years and he is the kindest, most trustworthy soul as I've ever met. Have no fear or doubt in buying from him at all.
Even that's an understatement. 

tme110

« Reply #89 on: 11 Jul 2017, 09:48 pm »
I'd have bought them as soon as they were posted but I want white speakers.  Red as a distant 2nd option.  Wish I could help!

tme110

« Reply #90 on: 11 Jul 2017, 09:49 pm »
I'd have bought them as soon as they were posted but I want white speakers.  Or Wood grain; red as a distant next option.  Wish I could help!

tme110

« Reply #91 on: 14 Jul 2017, 06:20 pm »
Has anyone heard both the M3TM and the X1?  If so, how much of a difference is there?

Winefix

« Reply #92 on: 20 Jul 2017, 05:47 pm »

Absolutely love the M3 Triode Master speakers !!!
I have had several high end and top rated speakers over the past few years, including
Magnepan 3.7. , Goldenear Triton ones, Vandersteen 3 sigII, and most recently Martin Logan Montis. The M3 Triodes are better than all of them. All great speakers for different reasons, but none are on the same level as these, as the level of realistic 3D imaging and natural tone from top to bottom is astonishing !! Plus, my wife is happy as they don't take over the entire room (Magnepan and Martin Logan) or look like the 1980s (Vandersteen) and not made in China (Goldenear Tritons) Super excited to have these speakers !!

Wind Chaser

« Reply #93 on: 20 Jul 2017, 07:10 pm »
...the level of realistic 3D imaging and natural tone from top to bottom is astonishing!!

That description is also quite fitting of the M3 Turbo S. :thumb:

who?me?

« Reply #94 on: 31 Jul 2017, 04:16 am »
Absolutely love the M3 Triode Master speakers !!!
I have had several high end and top rated speakers over the past few years, including
Magnepan 3.7. , Goldenear Triton ones, Vandersteen 3 sigII, and most recently Martin Logan Montis. The M3 Triodes are better than all of them. All great speakers for different reasons, but none are on the same level as these, as the level of realistic 3D imaging and natural tone from top to bottom is astonishing !! Plus, my wife is happy as they don't take over the entire room (Magnepan and Martin Logan) or look like the 1980s (Vandersteen) and not made in China (Goldenear Tritons) Super excited to have these speakers !!

These are great speakers, period. I haven't tried so many speakers as yourself above, but have stuck with a pair of Dali Helicon 400 floorstanders for the last 10 years b/c they are so seductive and play best with tubes. These M3TMs are a different beast with the 15" cones and much more accurate.

I/m driving the TMs with a PrimaLuna HP INtegreated Amp. Way more power than needed. The PrimaLuna hits such frequency breadth/extremes that I'm having to play it in Triode mode rather than Pentode b/c of some sibilance. But this pair of TMs is not fully broken in. Clayton had started breaking them in in Utah before coming to the CAS 2017/California Audio Show. I just bought the Demo pair of TMs from the show which ended today. Thanks Clayton!!

RPM123

« Reply #95 on: 31 Jul 2017, 03:16 pm »
These are great speakers, period. I haven't tried so many speakers as yourself above, but have stuck with a pair of Dali Helicon 400 floorstanders for the last 10 years b/c they are so seductive and play best with tubes. These M3TMs are a different beast with the 15" cones and much more accurate.

I/m driving the TMs with a PrimaLuna HP INtegreated Amp. Way more power than needed. The PrimaLuna hits such frequency breadth/extremes that I'm having to play it in Triode mode rather than Pentode b/c of some sibilance. But this pair of TMs is not fully broken in. Clayton had started breaking them in in Utah before coming to the CAS 2017/California Audio Show. I just bought the Demo pair of TMs from the show which ended today. Thanks Clayton!!

Congratulations on the purchase...they certainly sounded sweet driven by the Vinnie Lio!

ajayrav

« Reply #96 on: 31 Jul 2017, 03:46 pm »
Ah, so you got the demo pair…. 2 of my friends and I were at the show this weekend and were completely blown away by these speakers.  One has already placed an order.  I'm strongly considering getting the M4 triode masters….

Ajay

who?me?

« Reply #97 on: 31 Jul 2017, 04:30 pm »
Ah, so you got the demo pair…. 2 of my friends and I were at the show this weekend and were completely blown away by these speakers.  One has already placed an order.  I'm strongly considering getting the M4 triode masters….

Ajay

yes Ajay, his designs just get better and better. When I first heard his speaks 2-3 years ago at CAS, I was blown away by the sound, but the sweet spot was very narrow, like an old pair of Quad 57s. Now, we've got better dispersion for a bigger sweet spot, while simultaneously reducing the peripheral dispersion to reduce unwanted reflections off the side walls.

there is just something visceral about the 15' cones, the vibrations, while remaining linear, accurate, and easy to drive with the Triode model. i know this is often a cliche, but these speaks, especially at Factory-Direct prices, REALLY punch above the price point ......

SFDude

« Reply #98 on: 31 Jul 2017, 05:13 pm »
Now, we've got better dispersion for a bigger sweet spot, while simultaneously reducing the peripheral dispersion to reduce unwanted reflections off the side walls.

What? Tell me more! This is the first time I've heard about the larger sweet spot on Spatial's M3 line. I do find that it isn't an issue when I'm listening alone 99% of the time (no one else in my household cares about the gear I have) but it is nice when people do come over and are interested in the gear that I can pull up a second chair next to me for them to listen.

-dave

jseymour

« Reply #99 on: 31 Jul 2017, 06:25 pm »
The larger sweet spot is only with the M3 Triode Master, not with the M3 Turbo S or below.  I upgraded my M3 Turbo S to the Triode Master and the main differences are the larger soundstage and improved detail in the highs.  I had my speakers for a year before I upgraded, so the woofers were broken in.  The new high end horn did have a break in period.

If you can, have the electronics be as good as you can afford.  I replaced my Class D Audio SDS-470 with Schiit Vidar monos and the soundstage and overall sound improved again and it was significant.  These speakers will show you what your upstream components are capable of.