Recommendation for Headphones to Be Used with Smartphone

shadowlight

Any recommendation for headphones which also me to answer phone calls?  Will be using to mostly listen to Pandora while on the go.
TIA

eclein

• Volunteer
  • ..we walk the plank with our eyes wide open!-Gotye
Re: Recommendation for Headphones to Be Used with Smartphone
« Reply #1 on: 14 Jul 2011, 02:43 am »
Shadowlight I use Woodees the Vintage version with mic but most IEM makers these days have a model, usually the most popular ones, that yu can get with or without a mic.....I like mine they are easy to listen too with the right amount of everything  for a good price, but there are others...
http://woodees.com/

Tyson

• Audio - It's all a big fake.

Noseyears

• Restricted
  • SS-Audio
    • Supreme Sound Audio
« Reply #3 on: 21 Jul 2011, 10:49 pm »
Shadow how much are you willing to spend?

shadowlight

« Reply #4 on: 22 Jul 2011, 12:54 am »
Shadow how much are you willing to spend?

Would like to keep it under 100 or so.  I will be mostly using it while commuting to NYC.

Tyson, Ed thanks for your recommendation.

Tyson

• Audio - It's all a big fake.
« Reply #5 on: 22 Jul 2011, 02:15 am »
Just a little background - I'm a bit of an IEM fiend - I've owned or heard the vast majority of them.  IMO, the etymotics are class leaders at the $100 point.  If you are willing to spend more, the JH Audio JH13 or the Sensaphonicx 2X-S are incredibly good.  I bought the 2x-S before the JH13's were available.  If I were to do it again today, the JH13 would be my top choice.

shadowlight

« Reply #6 on: 22 Jul 2011, 11:14 pm »
Just a little background - I'm a bit of an IEM fiend - I've owned or heard the vast majority of them.  IMO, the etymotics are class leaders at the $100 point.  If you are willing to spend more, the JH Audio JH13 or the Sensaphonicx 2X-S are incredibly good.  I bought the 2x-S before the JH13's were available.  If I were to do it again today, the JH13 would be my top choice.

Thanks Tyson.  I am leaning towards the etymotics right now.  Any recommendation on good cheap place to buy them from?  I usually end up buying most of my Internet purchases from Amazon.

eclein

• Volunteer
« Reply #7 on: 23 Jul 2011, 12:13 am »
Tyson---Where do I find these JH13 of which you speak. Would you be so kind as to slap a link on me, I keep seeing this number but I have no idea who sells it

http://www.headphone.com/index.php

Shadowlight try the link above, actually you have to copy/paste it..should be headroom, they have good prices sometimes

Noseyears

• Restricted
  • SS-Audio
    • Supreme Sound Audio
« Reply #8 on: 25 Jul 2011, 11:40 pm »
Im not an Iem guy, but a couple of guys use the Nuforce NE 700X. Tried them, and the sound signature was great.

http://www.amazon.com/NuForce-NE-700X-Audiophile-Grade-Earphones-Silver/dp/B004GFNDDG/ref=pd_sim_e_1

Miney

• Free your mind... and your ass will follow
« Reply #9 on: 21 Aug 2011, 01:51 pm »
if you don't mind me adding a question to your thread as I have been looking along the same lines, with an additional criteria...  can anyone provide feedback regarding durability, in particular where the wires terminate at the plug? 

shadowlight

« Reply #10 on: 21 Aug 2011, 02:38 pm »
I picked up the etymotic hf3 from Amazon.

eclein

• Volunteer
« Reply #11 on: 21 Aug 2011, 03:05 pm »
I like my Woodees for the phone thing, either the "Vintage" or "The Blues", I know the OP on another thread found them bright I don't hear that at all myself, they are well rounded to me but everybody hears thing differently.
   Vintage

The Blues

« Last Edit: 22 Aug 2011, 04:23 pm by eclein »

Noseyears

• Restricted
  • SS-Audio
    • Supreme Sound Audio
« Reply #12 on: 22 Aug 2011, 03:28 pm »
I like my Woodees for the phone thing, either the "Vintage" or "The Blues", I know the OP I believe found them bright I don't hear that at all myself, they are well rounded to me but everybody hears thing differently.

True, maybe some EQ tweaks help.

charmerci

« Reply #13 on: 22 Aug 2011, 09:38 pm »
I used to complain about my Sennheiser PXC-250 noise-cancellation headphones because of rolled off highs and a somewhat dull mid-range but now I like them with my mp3 player and computer because the output from them is harsh so the Senn make them listenable.

I have the Woodies Blues and though I'm sure they're great 'phones (I can't access my good electronics for now) but I can't listen to them on cheap electronics.

I'll sell them to someone who'd like them. I haven't listened to them very much - though I kept them plugged into my receiver in order to break them in - over 100 hours.