CanJam '09, Los Angeles, May 30 and 31, 2009

mbakes

CanJam '09, Los Angeles, May 30 and 31, 2009
« on: 5 Apr 2009, 01:31 pm »
I've posted this in a few places now but it seems appropriate that it be posted here.  Here is a link for more information:  http://www.head-fi.org/forums/f129/

I've been to the three previous annual meets and was the organizer of CanJam '08.  They are a blast.  Great gear, people and don't forget the after parties.  If you want to hear everything that is out there in the headphone world, this is the place to be.  I hope to see some of you there.

ecramer

• Volunteer
  • In time whats deserved always get served.
Re: CanJam '09, Los Angeles, May 30 and 31, 2009
« Reply #1 on: 5 Apr 2009, 02:00 pm »
I hope you post  on what you see / listen to   :lol:. way to far for me

mbakes

« Reply #2 on: 5 Apr 2009, 02:24 pm »
I definitely will, assuming I remember anything after the after parties.   I'm in South Florida but I have a bunch of friends I met through HF that will be there.  We try to get together a few times a year with audio as the excuse.  Also, I've gone to the previous three and want to keep the streak going.  One of the highlight will be the talk given by Steve Hoffman.  He spoke in '07 at the one in San Jose and it was great.  He will have a very nice speaker rig set up for the talk.  Besides, it's where I get my year end distribution for being a moderator at HF.  The check has a lot of zeros and nothing else.  :)

cryoparts

« Reply #3 on: 5 Apr 2009, 05:03 pm »
I'll be there exhibiting.  In fact, I will be debuting a few new products.

Should be a blast!

Lee

cryoparts

« Reply #4 on: 5 Apr 2009, 05:05 pm »
and don't forget the after parties. 

:beer:

Lee

mbakes

« Reply #5 on: 5 Apr 2009, 07:40 pm »

Lee
I am both proud and embarrassed that we actually had the cops come Saturday night at CanJam '08.  We were making a bit too much noise in the hotel and I am happy to say no one was arrested.

jp11801

« Reply #6 on: 10 Apr 2009, 10:52 pm »
Mike I hope to get arrested with you at CanJam this year!!

Lee can't wait to see what you guys have cooked up for this event.

Lee
I am both proud and embarrassed that we actually had the cops come Saturday night at CanJam '08.  We were making a bit too much noise in the hotel and I am happy to say no one was arrested.

mbakes

« Reply #7 on: 11 Apr 2009, 12:01 am »
It took you long enough to find us over here.  What happens at CanJam stays at CanJam.  We just need to get the bail fund going.

Mike I hope to get arrested with you at CanJam this year!!

Lee

cryoparts

« Reply #8 on: 11 Apr 2009, 01:17 am »

Some cool new products that are the first results of some work that I envisioned and commissioned from a well known very high end engineer a while back.  All made in the US to the highest standards of build and sound quality, while still being affordable.  I am listening to a final prototype now of one of the units!   :icon_twisted: 

More information to come as we get closer. 

Peace,

Lee   

jp11801

« Reply #9 on: 11 Apr 2009, 01:21 am »
Mike after  quick look around I am hooked the NorCal circle looks great and I am kicking myself in the butt as I missed the preamp build at the Randall that they started in January. This is the same group that Thom Mackris worked with for a group there that built their own TT.

cryoparts

« Reply #10 on: 15 Apr 2009, 06:57 am »
I will be exhibiting at Can Jam 09 (sharing the Santa Monica room with Whiplash Audio) and am trying to figure out what cans to bring, any suggestions? If I have them, I'll try to bring them.  I can bring anything from mid-fi to high end cans (I don't really have any low end cans), one can look in my Head-Fi profile http://www.head-fi.org/forums/members/guitarplayer/ for the cans I own. And, what I don't have, I can probably get before then, if someone has a special request.

I'm pretty sure I will bring:

New Sonicweld Reference DAC/Headphone amp (world premier)
Sonicweld mystery product #2 (world premier)
Styleaudio Topaz
Styleaudio Emerald
Trafomatic Experience Head One

Sources will be computer based with lots of hi-rez stuff.

Have a look around my CryoParts site, if anyone sees anything they would like me to lug along, let me know and I'll try and bring it.

Peace,

Lee

mbakes

« Reply #11 on: 17 Apr 2009, 10:45 pm »
Here is the list of vendors for CanJam '09

AudioLineOut/ALO Audio
Benchmark Media Systems, Inc.
Beyer Dynamics
Blackbird Audio
Crossroads Acoustics
Eastwind Imports
Eddie Current
HeadAmp Audio Electronics
Head-Direct
HeadRoom
Hearing Components (Comply)
Lavry Engineering
Locus Design/CryoParts
Manley Audio
Moon Audio
Profundo Audio
Ray Samuels Audio
RudiStor Sound Systems
Sennheiser
Shure Audio
Smyth Research
Todd The Vinyl Junkie
Ultimate Ears
Westone
Whiplash Audio
Woo Audio

cryoparts

« Reply #12 on: 17 Apr 2009, 10:48 pm »
Here is a link to the HF forum that vendors are discussing what they are bringing:

http://www.head-fi.org/forums/f129/canjam-09-vendor-list-stars-coming-out-419474/

Lee

mbakes

« Reply #13 on: 17 Apr 2009, 10:55 pm »
Here is a link to the HF forum that vendors are discussing what they are bringing:

http://www.head-fi.org/forums/f129/canjam-09-vendor-list-stars-coming-out-419474/

Lee

Lee, thanks for posting.  The artwork this year is even better than we had last year.  I can't believe it's a month and half away.  I've upted my weekly alcohol intake to prepare for the weekend.

cryoparts

« Reply #14 on: 17 Apr 2009, 11:07 pm »

Lee, thanks for posting.  The artwork this year is even better than we had last year.  I can't believe it's a month and half away.  I've upted my weekly alcohol intake to prepare for the weekend.

Greg sent me that today to use on my website, so I thought I'd share the love.

Your last sentence cracked me up!  Practice makes perfect!   :beer:

Lee

mbakes

« Reply #15 on: 17 Apr 2009, 11:10 pm »

Greg sent me that today to use on my website, so I thought I'd share the love.

Your last sentence cracked me up!  Practice makes perfect!   :beer:

Lee

I'm pretty sure I've warned you guys about the after parties.  Hopefully, the cops won't show up this year.  Not that we did anything wrong last year. :lol:

Here is a link from the thread that started after CanJam '08 was over.  There are a ton of pics:  http://www.head-fi.org/forums/f45/canjam-08-team-florida-invites-all-their-friends-322345/

mbakes

« Reply #16 on: 14 May 2009, 03:16 am »
Just over two weeks to go.  I have a nice bottle of George T Stagg making the trip with me.  There is going to be some great gear including the prototype Woo Audio e'stat amp and their prototype balanced headphone amp.

santacore

« Reply #17 on: 19 May 2009, 12:25 am »
Some cool new products that are the first results of some work that I envisioned and commissioned from a well known very high end engineer a while back.  All made in the US to the highest standards of build and sound quality, while still being affordable.  I am listening to a final prototype now of one of the units!   :icon_twisted:

More information to come as we get closer.

Peace,

Lee   

Less then 2 weeks away, any hints?

cryoparts

« Reply #18 on: 19 May 2009, 04:12 pm »
I have a nice bottle of George T Stagg making the trip with me. 

:drool:

Lee

cryoparts

« Reply #19 on: 19 May 2009, 04:13 pm »
Less then 2 weeks away, any hints?

Get there early, leave late.  Bring Q-tips?   :lol:

Lee