Sennheiser HD-650 - Tight on my head - any recommendations?

DerrO

Hello,

I have just received my Sennheiser HD650 today.  I was using Sennheiser  Ovation 560 and was very used  to the  fit and feel of them and by  comparrison the new HD650 are very tight on my head.  My question is, will this ease with  time or is  there any  way  that I  can reduce the pressure or alter slightly  the headband so they are not as tight?

many thanks in  advance,

Derro

BobM

Re: Sennheiser HD-650 - Tight on my head - any recommendations?
« Reply #1 on: 22 Aug 2008, 10:38 pm »
I suggest a trip to the Amazon (down in South America, not the website). There are doctors down there who can help you with Fat Head Syndrome. They are expensive though, charging (literally) an arm and a leg, and sometimes a torso too. I don't think insurance covers it either.  :roll:

Good luck,
Bob

Tyson

• Audio - It's all a big fake.
« Reply #2 on: 22 Aug 2008, 10:50 pm »
Put the headphones on a ball that is a bit larger than your head (maybe a volleyball?)  Let them sit there for a day or 2 and it should be better.  Watch out, case if you get them too loose, they will fall off ;)

Tubes 4 Ever

« Reply #3 on: 26 Aug 2008, 12:49 am »
Or try a stack of books

Ericus Rex

« Reply #4 on: 26 Aug 2008, 11:29 am »
Humility.

Denton

« Reply #5 on: 26 Aug 2008, 09:41 pm »
Headphones are unique. Get a pair that are not comfortable on you and you may soon rue the day you chose them in spite of their sound. I own both Sennheiser HD600's and AKG 701's. They both sound good to me but my fat head fits the AKG's better. Guess which ones get used the most?

The Sennheiser "clamp" will stretch a bit with use. But only you can decide if it is right for you.

Tyson

• Audio - It's all a big fake.
« Reply #6 on: 26 Aug 2008, 09:51 pm »
Yes, Denton is right.  You could sell the 650's and get a pair of Denon AH-D5000's, which look cooler and sound better (IMO), and don't leak sound like the 650's do, plus are MUCH more comfortable for a wider variety of head sizes.

cryoparts

« Reply #7 on: 26 Aug 2008, 10:34 pm »
Yes, Denton is right.  You could sell the 650's and get a pair of Denon AH-D5000's, which look cooler and sound better (IMO), and don't leak sound like the 650's do, plus are MUCH more comfortable for a wider variety of head sizes.

I love both the re-cabled 650's and the re-cabled 5000's sonically.  The Denon's are miles ahead in comfort, they are the most comfortable cans I've ever had on my large noggin.

Peace,

Lee

srayle

« Reply #8 on: 26 Aug 2008, 11:23 pm »
See a shrink, obviously.

rotcoddam

« Reply #9 on: 26 Aug 2008, 11:52 pm »
I can't fit mine either.   

cryoparts

« Reply #10 on: 27 Aug 2008, 12:30 am »
See a shrink, obviously.

Great...thanks for the advice.  Look what he did to me. 

Lee