Studio Monitor Audition? Portland area or somewhere in the NW?

madsry

Just curious if there are any Studio Monitor owners in the NW yet.

Sonicjoy

I'm just about to start building a pair. The kit just shipped yesterday from Danny and I picked up the MDF and veneer yesterday as well. I'm up in the San Juan islands in NW Washington. I know that's still a long ways to go plus a ferry ride. Plus there will be a narrow window of opportunity for a listen as I am building them for my father. I will listen to them in my system for a week or so before delivering them to him. Should be ready in couple of weeks from now.

Chilkoot

Hi SJ, I am in Vancouver, BC, likely a bit too far away.
I was considering the monitors for a spring project and would like to learn more about your experience.

Sonicjoy

Hi Chilkoot. I plan to post my build here with photos and listening impressions. Yes we are so close but still so far.

Jmitchell3

I'm just about to start building a pair. The kit just shipped yesterday from Danny and I picked up the MDF and veneer yesterday as well. I'm up in the San Juan islands in NW Washington. I know that's still a long ways to go plus a ferry ride. Plus there will be a narrow window of opportunity for a listen as I am building them for my father. I will listen to them in my system for a week or so before delivering them to him. Should be ready in couple of weeks from now.

These are number 1 on my list of to buy/build...looking forward to the build log!

Tyson

• Audio - It's all a big fake.
They need subs for full range sound, but if you can make that happen, then the Studio Monitors are the best bookshelf speakers I've ever heard.