Speaker Placement/Setup (and room treatment) Cannot be Overrstated!

forky

I'm commenting on 3-4 threads right now about brightness and setup and condensing here:

Thanks for taking us along on your journey. Spatials are fine "instruments" that respond (sometimes a lot) to changes in equipment, room, and placement. It is a lot of fun to experiment. I will go out on a limb and say that when you get it right, it will be very obvious, an epiphany.

I kept going back to this in my mind since Tangram posted this in another thread. I spent another 2 hours on Sat and 3 hours yesterday and even though I told myself it could be a year before I found the right spot - I did yesterday and  :green: :green: :green: :green: :green: :green: :green: :green: :green: :green: :green: :green:

Since I've never heard speakers disappear before I'm not 100% sure (but 99% sure) I have that but the way I will describe it is that (eyes closed of course) that the sound stage went from just having a "solid" center image with nice stereo imaging to having the band play in front of you on a stage that goes around and outside your speakers. Kinda like a rainbow shaped height and oval depth shaped forcefield of sound that is 3d. And even though I know I should keep tinkering, I'm very, very  :green: with it is now and have taped off the floors where they sit. When thinking about it now the sound stage could be a bit deeper still but again - wow! The speakers are NOT there although with some tracks the person who mastered the record will have an instrument that is coming from a speaker - but besides when that happens the speakers aren't there. It's hard to describe properly but it is kind of like the holograms in Star Wars only with sound everywhere (to a limit).

And when I was moving them around before I found this spot there were a few that sounded quite awful and made me wonder about those who just put their speakers in one place and called it a day.

I did a search for speaker setup and really there were fewer threads and posts than one would think. My thought was yesterday and is now that "speaker setup is everything!" - just like room treatment, I've read it over and over again and knew there was another level to unlock.

I read Paul McGowan's book and the applicable tips from Jim Smith's book, used the Cardas room calculator, read the posts here, Hoffman and Audiogon. I had been writing all the measurements down but for this final one I just had them stored in my digital tape measure which are now gone since I powered it off yesterday (just checked) so I will remeasure when I can and post even though it is pretty much meaningless since every room is different but the gist of mine was:

1. The most important thing (and I think I read this in an Audiogon post - maybe Jim Smith) is that that the distance between my left ear and speaker was the exact same distance between the right ear and right speaker so the sound arrives at each ear at the same time. I know this was partly luck because of the way I held the digital TP but the distance for each was something like 9.129' - to the same thousand's place! This is why I may not move my speakers (toe) because I'm afraid this will be lost.
2. I had tried equalateral triangles a lot and Jim Smith suggests starting with 83% of the distance between your ears and the speaker for the distance between the speakers. Mine just happened to turn out at something like 80.124% or  7.416 - again these are IIRCs and I'll reply again w/ exact measurements when I can.
3. Have the exact distance from each speaker to each side wall so 1st and 2nd reflections arrive at the same time
4. That my chair was (appox) 33.333% into the room from the rear wall
5. The front wall (behind the speakers) was and is tough because it is a curtain and the distance changes and I also have the ABB1 panels back there but they are around 5' away.

And to wrap this up my GIK 242s are in place and it helped my hard rock brightness problem a LOT. I could listen to Pearl Jam Vs LoUd and only when it was LOUD did it start to sound a bit ....bright but really not too bad. I think there is more to go here as well - almost there though! The main offender in brightness is any Smashing Pumpkins record and didn't have a chance to listen to one of those after I got my speakers into place. I did earlier in the day yesterday and they did help out there some also. I plan to finally measure my room at some point soon and see what that looks like. I have a feeling I'm going to need a bit more - maybe in the front corners even though there is still no disernable bass there still. It sounds soooooo good though I don't want to dampen the room too much either - maybe a tad more though.

Anyway, if you have good stereo imaging but don't feel as though the band is there in the room with you (and they disppear) then I recommend dialing up the OCD in you and spending some time on this.

Updated room pic w/ treatment.

forky

I also made sure my chair was in the exact middle of the room. You can't see it in the pic but I put a sticker on the chair to mark the middle.

To add slightly more: Even though I held to strict measurements to get there I moved the speakers back and forth and then in and out some w/o regard to measurements. This I got from the New Record Day setup video but I didn't put down the train tracks. My chair was already 33% of the way in on the long wall and perfectly centered w/ the short wall. Then once I got the speakers where they sounded the best (and they sounded already much better than in any other places I have tried) I then made sure they were equi-distant from my ears, the side walls and the front wall (as good as I could with the front wall being curtains and panels).

For 1st and 2nd reflections I used the mirror and a helper and then put the extra set of 242s besides the other two, to the rear of the room for other reflections. As mentioned I'll likely put something in the corners at some point but don't feel they need to be bass traps since there is very, very little bass there. That was yet another thing about this magic placement - the bass is also the best I have heard and felt - although it is likely still mostly behind me on the rear wall. I didn't test this out and walk around after I got everything where I wanted. I coudln't leave my chair except to put on another record!

On that note I listened to a few records but put on the Austrialian Sgt Peppers which used the orignal UK plates as well as DSotM when I found the spot and both were  :green: :o 8) :D

Tyson

• Audio - It's all a big fake.
If you put bass traps in the front 2 corners that will help both the brightness and the bass at the same time.  Although you might have a room that doesn't need bass traps.  Some do, some don't.

Also nice work :)

Mr. Big

If you put bass traps in the front 2 corners that will help both the brightness and the bass at the same time.  Although you might have a room that doesn't need bass traps.  Some do, and some don't.

Also nice work :)

Bass traps on each front wall corners have also been a must in my systems with 3 totally different types of speakers, Box, Electrostatics and now open baffle. I take them down from time to time and after a few minutes right back up they go. Indespensable.

forky

Thanks. Yes, will likely put ASC tube traps in the front corner because you can spin them around to where 1/2 of them are diffusion (I think I have that right) or 1/4, 1/4 or whatever facing towards the speakers. I did stand in the corner again on Sunday w/ dbs in the high 80s and low 90s and still could not feel or really even "sense" any bass - but I realize there is at least some there (this goes back to my bass trap for open baffle thread).

I think for now I'll probably just buy some plants for the front corners and see how that goes. Although there is more improvement to be had (always), I'm very happy w/ the sound as-is and will just enjoy it for a while - but tube traps in the front corners are likely my next system purchase.

lazbisme

forky, do more than stand in the corner; put your nose right up in it! I wager you will hear a significant of bass buildup.

Mr. Big

Bass traps are misunderstood, they improve the bass, mid-bass, and imaging, some think it takes bass away by trapping/asorbing it. What it does is allow the speaker to fully produce its bass capabilities, without corner room interaction impacting what the speaker is capable of.

jnschneyer

I wonder if both speaker placement and room treatment can be overrated.  To be more exact, if the sound of gear is highly room dependent, doesn't it follow that the efficacy of speaker placement and room treatment is also room dependent?  I pose this because I've had both experiences.  My room previous to the one I have now was relatively small, 12w x 18l x 9h.  For a time, I had a Classe processor and amp powering a pair of B&W 802Ds.  The 802s are supposedly fairly forgiving of room size, but, in my room, the soundstage and the sound both were congested, with the instruments all piled on top of each other in a small space between the speakers.  A friend of mine happened to buy a collection of random bass traps and panels, so we stacked two corner bass traps from floor to ceiling in the corners behind the speakers, a 2" thick panel at each of the first reflection points, and three of the 2" panels on the wall at the back of the room.  This was done without taking any measurements and was about as unscientific as a couple of bumbling would-be audiophiles could wish.  The result was nothing short of astonishing.  The soundstage opened up, each instrument (in smaller ensemble jazz, classical, blues, and some rock and Indie-type recordings) was clearly placed with space between each, the sound opened up, became clearer, smoother, just altogether more listenable.  It made me a believer in room treatment.  I later sold my 802s and switched to stand mount Dynaudio Heritage Specials.  I didn't try these without my slapdash treatment, but, with it, they imaged even better than the 802s and were more pleasant to listen to, in part, I expect, because they better suited the room's size.   

Jump ahead to my current room, which is somewhat larger (15w x 30l x 10h), full of hard surfaces, asymmetrical planes, and a big tv too close to one of the first reflection points.  I started in the room with the same Classe pre-pro and amp and Dynaudio Heritage Specials.  Surprisingly, the sound was better than it was in my old treated (however unprofessionally) room.  And I don't mean a little bit better, but better enough that it seemed like I had a new pair of speakers.  The soundstage was larger, deeper, better defined, and the speakers disappeared to the point of their presence in the room being almost comical in that they seemed to have absolutely nothing to do with the music.  I'm guessing these improvements were down to the room's size, that the distance of the walls from the speakers reduced the amount of room interaction.  Since then, I've completely revised my system.  I swapped my Dynaudios for a pair of Spatial Audio X5s and my Classe pre and 300 wpc ss amp for a Don Sachs tube 30 wpc Valhalla.  Initially, I still had my Class when I first got my X5s.  I wouldn't say the tone of the X5s was better than that of the Dynaudios, but the bass was bigger, as was the scale of both the sound and soundstage.  Again, all this glorious sound is taking place in an entirely untreated room, with no particular effort to locate the speakers which, regardless, due to some oddities of the room's construction, had to be placed asymmetrically.  Finally, I got rid of the Classe and replaced it with the Valhalla.  With the addition of the Valhalla, everything about the sound improved, perhaps not as dramatically as when I first added the treatment to my old room, but significantly and in many of the same ways.  The soundstage became wider, deeper, higher, more 3d, with greater separation and clarity.  The sound itself was more resolved, with more micro-detail, while the tone was warmer and richer, again, just more pleasant to listen to.  And that's saying something, as the Heritage Specials are remarkable speakers, with a beautiful midrange and effortless highs that can be listened to at high volumes without feeling attacked, though I suppose that might depend on the music.

So, my question is, as I've got so many of the qualities most systems and audiophiles reputedly aspire to - a wide, high, and deeply layered soundstage, great specificity of instrument placement and separation, a (by my lights) sound that is highly resolved and full of detail, while at the same time warm, mellifluous, and just really good to listen to - would adding treatment really be helpful?  I suppose true acolytes of treatment would argue it would get even better with treatment, that each of those qualities would be, however slightly or greatly, enhanced.  Obviously, I can't say without trying it, but I wonder.  I know of a truly world class system in a large very open room with vaulted ceilings and an  essentially entire wall of glass behind the speakers, entirely untreated and asymmetrical, and he swears (as he builds high-end amps for a living, I have no room to doubt him) his system sounds as world class as the gear would suggest.  Again, it just makes me wonder whether treatment and placement are always of such paramount or even particular importance.  My room is far from perfect, and the sound is the best I've ever owned and in the ballpark of the best I've heard in well-treated showrooms.  I readily admit, my frame of reference is limited, but I've owned and heard some decent gear.  I'd be curious to know if anyone else has had a similar experience, that the sound in their room seems uncompromised by the lack of treatment or overly fussy speaker placement.  To reiterate, I'm not saying placement and treatment can't be helpful, even very helpful.  Clearly, they've been helpful in the OP's room.  I just am not convinced either is always as necessary or important as many suggest.

RonN5

To paraphrase Audokenisis….

Room+ Amp + Speakers = System = the sound you hear

I take it to mean that every system is different and optimizing that system may or may not involve treatments.

I’ve had small rooms and now have a big room… 1200 sq ft and 10’ ceilings…it seems easier to get good sound at the listening position in a big room… maybe there are fewer reflections bouncing around than in a small room…I know the bass is a lot better.

lazbisme

I have never seen anyone advocate for "room treatment" in a cathedral! :green:

Mr. Big

I wonder if both speaker placement and room treatment can be overrated.  To be more exact, if the sound of gear is highly room-dependent, doesn't it follow that the efficacy of speaker placement and room treatment is also room-dependent?  I pose this because I've had both experiences.  My room previous to the one I have now was relatively small, 12w x 18l x 9h.  For a time, I had a Classe processor and amp powering a pair of B&W 802Ds.  The 802s are supposedly fairly forgiving of room size, but, in my room, the soundstage and the sound both were congested, with the instruments all piled on top of each other in a small space between the speakers.  A friend of mine happened to buy a collection of random bass traps and panels, so we stacked two corner bass traps from floor to ceiling in the corners behind the speakers, a 2" thick panel at each of the first reflection points, and three of the 2" panels on the wall at the back of the room.  This was done without taking any measurements and was about as unscientific as a couple of bumbling would-be audiophiles could wish.  The result was nothing short of astonishing.  The soundstage opened up, and each instrument (in smaller ensemble of jazz, classical, blues, and some rock and Indie-type recordings) was clearly placed with space between each, the sound opened up, became clearer, smoother, and just altogether more listenable.  It made me a believer in-room treatment.  I later sold my 802s and switched to stand-mount Dynaudio Heritage Specials.  I didn't try these without my slapdash treatment, but, with it, they imaged even better than the 802s and were more pleasant to listen to, in part, I expect, because they better suited the room's size.   

Jump ahead to my current room, which is somewhat larger (15w x 30l x 10h), full of hard surfaces, asymmetrical planes, and a big tv too close to one of the first reflection points.  I started in the room with the same Classe pre-pro and amp and Dynaudio Heritage Specials.  Surprisingly, the sound was better than it was in my old treated (however unprofessionally) room.  And I don't mean a little bit better, but better enough that it seemed like I had a new pair of speakers.  The soundstage was larger, deeper, better defined, and the speakers disappeared to the point of their presence in the room being almost comical in that they seemed to have absolutely nothing to do with the music.  I'm guessing these improvements were down to the room's size, that the distance of the walls from the speakers reduced the amount of room interaction.  Since then, I've completely revised my system.  I swapped my Dynaudios for a pair of Spatial Audio X5s and my Classe pre and 300 wpc ss amp for a Don Sachs tube 30 wpc Valhalla.  Initially, I still had my Class when I first got my X5s.  I wouldn't say the tone of the X5s was better than that of the Dynaudios, but the bass was bigger, as was the scale of both the sound and soundstage.  Again, all this glorious sound is taking place in an entirely untreated room, with no particular effort to locate the speakers which, regardless, due to some oddities of the room's construction, had to be placed asymmetrically.  Finally, I got rid of the Classe and replaced it with the Valhalla.  With the addition of the Valhalla, everything about the sound improved, perhaps not as dramatically as when I first added the treatment to my old room, but significantly and in many of the same ways.  The soundstage became wider, deeper, higher, more 3d, with greater separation and clarity.  The sound itself was more resolved, with more micro-detail, while the tone was warmer and richer, again, just more pleasant to listen to.  And that's saying something, as the Heritage Specials are remarkable speakers, with a beautiful midrange and effortless highs that can be listened to at high volumes without feeling attacked, though I suppose that might depend on the music.

So, my question is, as I've got so many of the qualities most systems and audiophiles reputedly aspire to - a wide, high, and deeply layered soundstage, great specificity of instrument placement and separation, a (by my lights) sound that is highly resolved and full of detail, while at the same time warm, mellifluous, and just really good to listen to - would adding treatment really be helpful?  I suppose true acolytes of treatment would argue it would get even better with treatment, that each of those qualities would be, however slightly or greatly, enhanced.  Obviously, I can't say without trying it, but I wonder.  I know of a truly world class system in a large very open room with vaulted ceilings and an  essentially entire wall of glass behind the speakers, entirely untreated and asymmetrical, and he swears (as he builds high-end amps for a living, I have no room to doubt him) his system sounds as world class as the gear would suggest.  Again, it just makes me wonder whether treatment and placement are always of such paramount or even particular importance.  My room is far from perfect, and the sound is the best I've ever owned and in the ballpark of the best I've heard in well-treated showrooms.  I readily admit, my frame of reference is limited, but I've owned and heard some decent gear.  I'd be curious to know if anyone else has had a similar experience, that the sound in their room seems uncompromised by the lack of treatment or overly fussy speaker placement.  To reiterate, I'm not saying placement and treatment can't be helpful, even very helpful.  Clearly, they've been helpful in the OP's room.  I just am not convinced either is always as necessary or important as many suggest.

Speaker was better matched to the size of your room, the B & W needs space and a large room. Buy a speaker to big for your room to work only leads to trouble.

Mr. Big

I have never seen anyone advocate for "room treatment" in a cathedral! :green:

Well that is not a home environment, and the sound of the organ bouncing around the Church matter little, it fills the space and that is all that matters. Just a lot of sound.

NoahH

I have three systems right now. All are good to great in terms of gear. None are well-treated right now.

One room is a dedicated theater that was designed to not have lots of parallel surfaces of the same distance, and I was thoughtful on absorption from couch and carpet and thick drywall.

The second room is *huge* but is a general living room with no thought on acoustics in design. Speakers are in a good position.

The third is a large bedroom. Logistics there mean I can't get the speakers where they should be.

Even with gear swaps, the theater system *crushes* the other two. Either of the others sounds good on their own, but going from bedroom to living room is a leap, and again living room to theater.

I am in the process of buying and adding a ton of treatment in the living room now. But I would have told you that was a stellar system if I did not have the chance to constantly walk down a flight of stairs and hear it get substantially better. But having also seen how much the acoustic design helped, you can bet I will be testing those panels in the theater before they go permanently in the living room, and think there is a good chance I will find yet another level.

The biggest thing is not the width of the soundstage - it is the depth, the layering, and the placement. And small differences there are very striking.

jnschneyer

I have three systems right now. All are good to great in terms of gear. None are well-treated right now.

One room is a dedicated theater that was designed to not have lots of parallel surfaces of the same distance, and I was thoughtful on absorption from couch and carpet and thick drywall.

The second room is *huge* but is a general living room with no thought on acoustics in design. Speakers are in a good position.

The third is a large bedroom. Logistics there mean I can't get the speakers where they should be.

Even with gear swaps, the theater system *crushes* the other two. Either of the others sounds good on their own, but going from bedroom to living room is a leap, and again living room to theater.

I am in the process of buying and adding a ton of treatment in the living room now. But I would have told you that was a stellar system if I did not have the chance to constantly walk down a flight of stairs and hear it get substantially better. But having also seen how much the acoustic design helped, you can bet I will be testing those panels in the theater before they go permanently in the living room, and think there is a good chance I will find yet another level.

The biggest thing is not the width of the soundstage - it is the depth, the layering, and the placement. And small differences there are very striking.

If I understand you, your best room is architecturally well-designed for sound but there's no treatment per se, just building and living accoutrement, which sound you are hoping to replicate or approach by adding treatment to your living room.  That argues along the same lines I was describing, that treatment can be really beneficial but isn't necessarily needed, that treatment isn't a panacea but should be applied on a case by case basis.  I'll be interested to hear what the effect of the treatment is once you get it in there.  Thanks.

Mr. Big

If I understand you, your best room is architecturally well-designed for sound but there's no treatment per se, just building and living accoutrement, which sound you are hoping to replicate or approach by adding treatment to your living room.  That argues along the same lines I was describing, that treatment can be really beneficial but isn't necessarily needed, that treatment isn't a panacea but should be applied on a case by case basis.  I'll be interested to hear what the effect of the treatment is once you get it in there.  Thanks.

There has been so much written about the importance of room treatment in most normal living rooms. Perhaps rooms custom built for the rich would not need such treatments but I doubt that every much, but for the rest of us mortals it is a must, but that does not mean one has to do it. But to me if you spend money on gear and speakers you might as well spend on getting the best out of them. If recording studios use it then that says it all not matter how one spins it.

NoahH

My post was a little long so the point was indeed a bit occluded.

Architecture makes for a great starting point. But my other min point is that without a close reference point, they all sound great, and it is only when you can compare that you realize how bad the gaps are. My best room therefore does not have a higher comparison point, and remains my highest room. But I am 100% now trying the treatments there because this has taught me that I can't judge very well without the nearby comparison.

I would suggest you just go to your local dealer and ask to audition some panels. You don't have anything to lose.

jnschneyer

My post was a little long so the point was indeed a bit occluded.

Architecture makes for a great starting point. But my other min point is that without a close reference point, they all sound great, and it is only when you can compare that you realize how bad the gaps are. My best room therefore does not have a higher comparison point, and remains my highest room. But I am 100% now trying the treatments there because this has taught me that I can't judge very well without the nearby comparison.

I would suggest you just go to your local dealer and ask to audition some panels. You don't have anything to lose.

Ha! Except, if it turns out to significantly improve the sound, the money I’ll have to spend on treatment, or the unremitting pain of the thorn in my side I’ll have to endure knowing that better sound is just a bass trap and diffuser away.  But I take your point, that your best room still may not be as good as it could be, and the only way to know is to try the treatment.  As I said, I look forward to your conclusions, and, for purely selfish reasons, hope that you find your best room is best as it is. 

forky

As I read, read, read and then read some more about speaker positioning and room treatment I very quiclky realized it wasn't a "one size fits all". And although I was happy that my brigtness issue was much improved (still not quite all the way there - but much better), the speaker positioning was the one that really put a smile on may face and even a lol when I got it right.

I won't be able to "test" my corners again until my in-laws leave and my wife has an appointment which will probably be another week. But I did stand in the corners with many different speaker positions and every one was "bass-light" in the corners.

When I discussed this with my ASC "Acoutics Advisor" he replied with the following, "Aha! Open baffle. I thought that might be the case as they tend to load up the bass in a room differently than a standard sealed bass box does. They're better in some ways because they don't tend to ignite side to side and ceiling to floor reverb, which can result in a clearer more detailed mid-bass. I listened to a pair of Linkwitz enspired open baffles at the Pacific Audiofest this summer and was amazed at how the corners didn't load up with bass in the usual manner. They sounded surprisingly natural and balanced almost anywhere in the room - although I didn't try the back wall."

However, I'm not at all disputing that bass traps will help in the corners. Once work picks back up (and really more like when my wife is more receptive to more treatment going into the living room) I'll likely order some, another set of ABB1s and 1 more set of 242s. I don't want to deaden the room but....hmmm, that reminds me I still need to measure the room to see what I'm working with.   

Tangram

Forky, good on ya for being really careful with your measurements and positioning. It doesn't cost anything - just care and time. Tape measure and laser level are your friends. And it seems that compared with other speakers I've had in my room, Spatials benefit more from very careful placement.

I've been experimenting with speaker placement, listening position and treatments for a few days because I felt I wasn't getting the last 5 or 10% out of my system. I am in a 13X20 room, with the speakers on the long wall, so it is a challenge to get the speakers far enough out from the front wall and the listening position far enough out from the back wall, without being too close to the speakers and thus needing the speakers too close together and crushing the soundstage.

As it turns out, I have my speakers about 30% off the front wall, and my listening position is also 30% away from the back wall, when I have an equilateral triangle 7.5' on each side. Toe-in right now grazes the sides of my listening chair. Diffusion on the front wall, absorption on the sides and ceiling, thick carpet on the floor, and quasi-diffusion on the back wall (shelves of records on top of cupboards that I open when listening. Compared with previously, the listening chair is about a foot farther into the room than before, but the speakers are pretty much where they used to be. But, (and here's the thing that surprised me), by being a bit more off the back wall, the brightness that I have struggled with in my room has diminished to the point where it is a non-issue. I have been using a Schiit Lokius EQ unit to boost the bass and tone down the highs, but now the upper frequency bands are all nulled and I just have the lower frequencies boosted to give a bit of a fatter bass sound.

Personally, I think the room treatment/positioning part of the hobby is the most satisfying. To each his own, but I feel that many of us are more likely to swap cables or tubes to fine-tune our sound, when in fact, tweaking the room can have a significantly greater impact. That said, the Schiit Lokius will probably stay in my system, since it has a defeat switch and doesn't seem to impact the sound of my system at all. For rock music, I find I enjoy "hitting the loudness button" but for things like jazz, I usually put the Lokius in pass-through mode.

« Last Edit: 16 Dec 2022, 06:12 pm by Tangram »

WGH

The Absolute Sound newsletter has an article/video/promo about speaker placement

The Magic Formula for Perfect Speaker Set-Up?! with Jim Smith
by TAS Staff Nov 15th, 2022
https://www.theabsolutesound.com/articles/the-magic-formula-for-perfect-speaker-set-up-w-jim-smith/

What is the Magic Formula?

Distance between tweeters = x
Distance to ears = y

x/y = .83

I measured my setup (x=92", y=112") and just by chance I get .8214. I always thought my setup sounded good.

The Get Better Sound book is available on Jim Smith's website, DVD's are on Amazon
https://www.getbettersound.com/

A lot of audio sites reviewed the book when it first came out in 2009.

"Here's the cliché for which you've no doubt braced yourself: Get Better Sound is the cheapest good tweak you can buy for your system. True—and I'm not bashful about saying it. It also has the potential to be among the best system investments you can make, period, partly for its breadth of subject matter, and partly because it could lead any open-minded reader, the next time he buys some new gear, to a greater understanding of what it is he really wants. And who among us wouldn't benefit from that? Heartily recommended to newbies and vets alike."—Art Dudley
https://www.stereophile.com/reference/book_review_iget_better_soundi/index.html