Furutech GTX

Hi-Fi Obsession

Re: Furutech GTX
« Reply #20 on: 14 Jul 2015, 08:20 pm »
I received a burned-in GTX-D (R) from DaveC113 yesterday.  I installed it pronto and I couldn't help but listen; got close to 3 hours in front of my stereo last night.  It is premature for conclusions even with the burn-in provided, but I will say I liked what I heard.  A lot.

I also received a GTX-D (G) yesterday from Cable Co. but haven't installed it yet.

Rob

Early B.

« Reply #21 on: 14 Jul 2015, 09:04 pm »
I received a burned-in GTX-D (R) from DaveC113 yesterday.  I installed it pronto and I couldn't help but listen; got close to 3 hours in front of my stereo last night.  It is premature for conclusions even with the burn-in provided, but I will say I liked what I heard.  A lot.

I also received a GTX-D (G) yesterday from Cable Co. but haven't installed it yet.

Where did you install the GTX-Rhodium -- on the wall? On an Uber? Where do you plan to install the GTX-Gold?

Hi-Fi Obsession

« Reply #22 on: 14 Jul 2015, 09:12 pm »
Blah, I meant to say where I installed it, but the command from my brain didn't make it to my fingers...

I installed it in the wall, replacing a Maestro outlet.  That outlet feeds my whole system: amps (Decware SE84CKCS and two Rythmik plate amps) via UberBUSS and front end (Baetis Revolution II and Schiit Gungnir) via a CyberPower UPS.  By the way, my speakers are Hawthorne Sterling Silver Iris Trios (whew, mouthful), with 15" drivers.  The Rythmiks drive two bass augmentation drivers per channel, and the Decware drives the center-mounted 15" coaxial.  Efficiency is 97db.

Tonight I will temporarily install the GTX-D Gold into the UberBUSS, and let it settle in while it powers the plate amps (which I can safely leave on all day).  When I am comfortable with the sound of the Rhodium and the Gold has some of the newness rubbed off, I will switch the Gold into the wall.  Timing is probably in a couple weeks until this happens.

Rob

dBe

• Industry Participant
    • PI audio group, LLC
« Reply #23 on: 14 Jul 2015, 10:23 pm »
Blah, I meant to say where I installed it, but the command from my brain didn't make it to my fingers...

I installed it in the wall, replacing a Maestro outlet.  That outlet feeds my whole system: amps (Decware SE84CKCS and two Rythmik plate amps) via UberBUSS and front end (Baetis Revolution II and Schiit Gungnir) via a CyberPower UPS.  By the way, my speakers are Hawthorne Sterling Silver Iris Trios (whew, mouthful), with 15" drivers.  The Rythmiks drive two bass augmentation drivers per channel, and the Decware drives the center-mounted 15" coaxial.  Efficiency is 97db.

Tonight I will temporarily install the GTX-D Gold into the UberBUSS, and let it settle in while it powers the plate amps (which I can safely leave on all day).  When I am comfortable with the sound of the Rhodium and the Gold has some of the newness rubbed off, I will switch the Gold into the wall.  Timing is probably in a couple weeks until this happens.

Rob
Don't forget to unplug the Uber and let it sit for about 10 minutes before you swap the receptacles.  Transfer over the Final Filters from the back of the receptacle and you are good to go  >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>   :thumb: 

Hi-Fi Obsession

« Reply #24 on: 14 Jul 2015, 10:45 pm »
Thanks Dave.  I already swapped one P&S for a Maestro on Sunday.  I have my amp plugged into that outlet.  It sounds better, a little more open and mids slightly more forward.  Very nice.  Especially on my OBs which are more "laid back."

I was just thinking that since I only use 3 out of my 4 outlets on the UberBUSS, could I borrow a final filter and install it on the wall outlet?  Any benefit there, you think?

dBe

• Industry Participant
    • PI audio group, LLC
« Reply #25 on: 15 Jul 2015, 01:14 am »
Thanks Dave.  I already swapped one P&S for a Maestro on Sunday.  I have my amp plugged into that outlet.  It sounds better, a little more open and mids slightly more forward.  Very nice.  Especially on my OBs which are more "laid back."

I was just thinking that since I only use 3 out of my 4 outlets on the UberBUSS, could I borrow a final filter and install it on the wall outlet?  Any benefit there, you think?
PM coming.

Hi-Fi Obsession

« Reply #26 on: 25 Jul 2015, 12:47 am »
I've posted my impressions re: Rhodium in Reply #12 of the "Hardware... Receptacles, plugs and power" thread.

robin67

« Reply #27 on: 15 Aug 2015, 09:32 pm »
I installed the GTX R in the wall and one in the Uberbuss , so far I love what I am hearing

« Last Edit: 15 Aug 2015, 11:22 pm by robin67 »

dBe

• Industry Participant
    • PI audio group, LLC
« Reply #28 on: 15 Aug 2015, 09:36 pm »
I installed the GTX R in the wall and one in the Uberbuss , so far I love what I am hearing

Groovy.  It (the SQ) and they will get better for a week or two...

DaveC113

• Industry Contributor
  • ZenWaveAudio.com
« Reply #29 on: 15 Aug 2015, 10:29 pm »
I've found the rhodium GTX takes a good long time to show what it can really do and changes from normal to closed-in and dark sounding and back again many times during the break in period so definitely give them some time.

dBe

• Industry Participant
    • PI audio group, LLC
« Reply #30 on: 15 Aug 2015, 10:38 pm »
I've found the rhodium GTX takes a good long time to show what it can really do and changes from normal to closed-in and dark sounding and back again many times during the break in period so definitely give them some time.
Yeah, Dave.  Me, too.  I don't think I gave rhodium parts/pieces a fair shake in the past.  In that regard, it is much like teflon caps.  All over the place and we have to have the patience of a saint with them.

I think I am gonna go to rhodium power entries on my BUSSes.  I need to listen and think a little (or a lot) more, but seems to be a good thing to do.   :scratch:

Folsom

« Reply #31 on: 15 Aug 2015, 10:54 pm »
But no one should expect rhodium to out-surpass gold in sound. It should however retain it's finish much, much, longer than gold while being comparatively good.

robin67

« Reply #32 on: 15 Aug 2015, 11:26 pm »
  For sure I will give it some time , I just replaced all my power cables ics and speaker wires so it will be a couple months before I know for sure .I have allot of breaking in to do 

BCRich1

« Reply #33 on: 16 Aug 2015, 12:44 am »
Hi Dave and everyone ,
I recently installed two Rhodium GTX's and found the Grip Factor to be poor in my opinion.
The In-wall Cable is a 10 Gauge Stranded Cable from JPS Labs and the Power Cables from the wall to Conditioner are from Audio Magic. They are loose; if I held the outlet upside down with a plug inserted and shook it just a bit  the cable would fall out.
I tightened the In-Wall cable very tight, do you think that could have damaged the outlets?
Had to twist the prongs on the plugs to form some type decent hold.
Appreciate any feed back. Complained to the company I purchased from and kinda got blown off, saying its is what it is. They said they would let the distributor know and I sent them an email prior.
Have not heard back. Disappointed to say the least.
Thanks.....Mike
PS...Wish I had known I could have purchased them from Dave, he has the integrity to stand by the products he builds and sells.

robin67

« Reply #34 on: 16 Aug 2015, 12:52 am »
Hi Dave and everyone ,
I recently installed two Rhodium GTX's and found the Grip Factor to be poor in my opinion.
The In-wall Cable is a 10 Gauge Stranded Cable from JPS Labs and the Power Cables from the wall to Conditioner are from Audio Magic. They are loose; if I held the outlet upside down with a plug inserted and shook it just a bit  the cable would fall out.
I tightened the In-Wall cable very tight, do you think that could have damaged the outlets?
Had to twist the prongs on the plugs to form some type decent hold.
Appreciate any feed back. Complained to the company I purchased from and kinda got blown off, saying its is what it is. They said they would let the distributor know and I sent them an email prior.
Have not heard back. Disappointed to say the least.
Thanks.....Mike
PS...Wish I had known I could have purchased them from Dave, he has the integrity to stand by the products he builds and sells.
I am using a pretty heavy power cable but I have to agree the grip isn't to good

Hi-Fi Obsession

« Reply #35 on: 16 Aug 2015, 01:02 am »
I felt the grip to be inferior to the standard P&S in my Uber, but better than Maestro.  It was much less grippy than expected.

DaveC113

• Industry Contributor
  • ZenWaveAudio.com
« Reply #36 on: 16 Aug 2015, 01:03 am »
I agree... it has a normal amount of grip, nothing like a hospital grade receptacle, but they are also designed to keep from damaging the plating on power cable plugs. Hospital grade plugs will wear through plating very quickly. The clamping force is provided by a stainless steel spring, Furutech could have made it have whatever level of grip they wanted. Apparently they feel like the GTX has just the right amount of grip...

BCRich1

« Reply #37 on: 16 Aug 2015, 01:08 am »
Thanks Guys, at least I'm not the only Hen in the House.....
Maybe my expectations were too high for a $245 outlet.

Wig

« Reply #38 on: 18 Aug 2015, 11:52 pm »
I just bought my GTX-D Rhodium from Dbe and I'll give you my initial impressions when it comes off of the cable cooker on Sunday and hopefully will install on Monday. I know it's going to take even more time to settle in...

Wig :D
« Last Edit: 19 Aug 2015, 04:23 am by Wig »

paul79

• Industry Participant
« Reply #39 on: 19 Aug 2015, 01:10 am »
The GTX are really slick... Like very polished/shiny.. This will reduce friction also. I think they grip better than you think.