Gears of War- WHOA!!!!!!

mcrespo71

Gears of War- WHOA!!!!!!
« on: 7 Apr 2007, 01:55 pm »
Ok, I just visited my brother in law who has this game and while it doesn't seem like a groundbreaking game via gameplay, the graphics are the best I have ever seen bar none.  Has anyone played this?  Seems like a cross between Halo style storytelling in a 3rd person shooter, but I'm totally impressed!

jqp

• Volunteer
  • Each CD lovingly placed in the nOrh CD-1
Re: Gears of War- WHOA!!!!!!
« Reply #1 on: 9 Apr 2007, 09:37 pm »
I bought this game and have played it for a few hours.

I am still in the campaign mode and will eventually finish it and play in online mode with other players...

Been busy doing other things these days.

Rob Babcock

• Volunteer
« Reply #2 on: 19 Apr 2007, 03:16 am »
I see it's out now for the regular Xbox.  Since I don't own a 360 yet I'll maybe check it out.

jqp

• Volunteer
  • Each CD lovingly placed in the nOrh CD-1
« Reply #3 on: 19 Apr 2007, 02:52 pm »
Rob - are you going to shell out $480 for the Elite or get a regular 360 at this point?

mcrespo71

« Reply #4 on: 19 Apr 2007, 08:01 pm »
Rob - are you going to shell out $480 for the Elite or get a regular 360 at this point?

I know I'm not Rob, but if I buy a 360, it will be the Elite.  I couldn't imagine buying Gears of War for the regular Xbox.  It's like the best Tech Demo I've seen.  Like I said, the game doesn't seem that groundbreaking, but the graphics are.

Rob Babcock

• Volunteer
« Reply #5 on: 20 Apr 2007, 06:59 pm »
I'll probably get an Elite when they come out.  But at the moment I have no PJ or TV. :oops:  I sold my Optoma H31 to my sister, figuring to apply the procedes towards a new 720p PJ.  Well, I took the H31 to her and installed it in her HT but haven't decided on a replacement yet.  Since I'm moving to a different house at the end of the month I don't really want to get a new one til the first part of May.