Need a new AV Receiver

Doublej

Re: Need a new AV Receiver
« Reply #20 on: 26 Sep 2014, 11:07 am »
x2, I've owned all the brands, Anthem has earned a customer for life.  Best room correction too.

A word to the wise, Accessories for Less will charge you return shipping and restocking fee if the product is defective.  I refuse to work with companies like this that have not adopted modern return policies in this new age of customer service.

Good to know this. I guess the flipside is how much money if any can one save if they buy from A4L instead of somewhere else like Amazon with a modern customer service policy and is it worth it?

There is a lot that can happen to a unit once it leaves the factory, especially with improper handling from delivery people. The ability to just return something and get a new one (or not) is much better IMHO than paying your money, getting a defective unit, sending it to the manufacturer (possibly paying for shipping to them!) waiting a couple of weeks for them to evaluate it, hoping they have part in stock to fix it, fix it, return it to you, get the not home delivery slip, figure out how to be home or go to the delivery company to get the unit, plug it back in and hope they fixed the problem.

Architect7

• Sound Quality Addict
Re: Need a new AV Receiver
« Reply #21 on: 26 Sep 2014, 02:06 pm »
Good to know this. I guess the flipside is how much money if any can one save if they buy from A4L instead of somewhere else like Amazon with a modern customer service policy and is it worth it?

There is a lot that can happen to a unit once it leaves the factory, especially with improper handling from delivery people. The ability to just return something and get a new one (or not) is much better IMHO than paying your money, getting a defective unit, sending it to the manufacturer (possibly paying for shipping to them!) waiting a couple of weeks for them to evaluate it, hoping they have part in stock to fix it, fix it, return it to you, get the not home delivery slip, figure out how to be home or go to the delivery company to get the unit, plug it back in and hope they fixed the problem.

Exactly!  I bought a Denon AVR-X4000 refurb from Amazon for the same price as A4L and it was indeed defective.  Return shipping was paid for and I received a full refund to put towards my Anthem instead of wait around for warranty repair.

First off if the unit is defective you (the buyer) do not ship back to Accessories4less.  The warranty comes from Marantz.  If the unit is in defect you will ship the unit right back from the factory where it was shipped out of. :scratch: (with a one year warranty.)  Why would Marantz ship out a product (after full testing) that does not work?  :scratch:

Most people don't realize that refurb failure rate is the same as new because a refurb simply gets part A or part B replaced with a new part.  So now you are back to the same failure rate as the new part.  Rarely are there actual repairs taking place because human labor costs are much more expensive than a replacement board.  Many failures are hard to isolate with just a few minutes of testing.  Take for example the Onkyo HDMI board failures.  Almost none of them would be caught in refurb testing since it is an issue that slowly becomes worse over time due to heat caused by overvoltage.

And anyone who prefers to go without their AVR for a certain period of time vs. return and replace immediately is just crazy ;)