CAD Computer Audio Design Ground Control

Dr Pain

CAD Computer Audio Design Ground Control
« on: 25 Apr 2021, 02:05 am »
I'm new to this forum and not sure if this is the right place to post this. It is not power conditioning, but it is grounding. Does anyone here have any experience to share good or bad regarding the CAD Ground Controls?     
« Last Edit: 25 Apr 2021, 03:37 pm by Dr Pain »

ric

Re: CAD Computer Audio Design
« Reply #1 on: 25 Apr 2021, 02:38 pm »
Hi, I do NOT have any experience with the CAD Ground Controls, but reading a recent review I was intrigued to the point I tried some DIY magnets attached to an unused input on my amp. You can read about my experience. I was blown away by the result, so my vote is that even without hearing the product (CAD) I believe it to work, based on my experience.
https://www.audioasylum.com/audio/tweaks/messages/21/212217.html

Dr Pain

Re: CAD Computer Audio Design
« Reply #2 on: 25 Apr 2021, 03:36 pm »
Thanks RIC, I appreciate your openness to experimentation. One of the reasons I consider my audio room a "Laboratory" at times. 

Of course all the reviews posted on the CAD site are positive and from some well know reviewers. I figured this forum would be a good place for more balanced experience and feedback. I am considering a home audition of the GC1 Ground Control next month, or waiting to AXPONA hopefully in the fall. Also, I'm a little hesitant because I have never done business with any of the dealers listed on their site.           

ric

Re: CAD Computer Audio Design Ground Control
« Reply #3 on: 26 Apr 2021, 01:57 pm »
Don't forget, CAD needs to list dealers that are reputable or their own business will suffer. Go for it!

Big Red Machine

« Reply #4 on: 26 Apr 2021, 02:09 pm »
I built my own versions of power conditioners using magnets after reading the HFC patent. Can't sell them and won't share the information due to infringement restrictions. Their science seems sound. Not sure other than focusing the signal do they actually reduce noise, etc.

And I have their adapters on my Gabriel Gold Rapture RCA cables as well.

Dr Pain

« Reply #5 on: 27 Apr 2021, 01:09 am »
Thanks, guys. I'm surprised more people have not chimed in.     

ric

« Reply #6 on: 27 Apr 2021, 01:24 pm »
regarding the magnet comment about the power conditioner, it may be that magnets lower the noise floor, I have not experienced that affect when using magnets--at least audibly. Which is not to say that magnets (when in the signal path) provide a huge upgrade in sound quality, that has been my experience. I'm guessing the CAD product, in removing hash in the signal will be a great upgrade. Perhaps all audible sound improvements remove hash, that may explain (for me) when I listen and the sound, comparable to water, sounds like water, somehow more pure.