Power conditioning for Nuforce 9SE V2

6rs

Power conditioning for Nuforce 9SE V2
« on: 22 Dec 2008, 08:56 pm »
Hi
I have acquired above-mentioned amplifiers. Till now, I have been using a battery-run RWA Signature 30.2. A very nice amp indeed, but not powerful enough (30W) for my ATC SCM20 SL (around 83.5 dB/W/m).
Are upgraded power chords and power conditioning "mandatory" for these amps? Living in Europe, voltage from the outlet is 220V. As the current is lower compared to 110V, is there less need for power conditioning? What would be the wattage that a power conditioner needs to deliver to support the 9 SE V2 without being constrained?
I would very much appreciate your insights,
Best wishes, B

JayDoubleU

Re: Power conditioning for Nuforce 9SE V2
« Reply #1 on: 23 Dec 2008, 10:06 am »
I have been using these amps for quite a while and they are surely the best I've ever had. I tried conditioning their power, but each time found it had more negative than positive effects. A few weeks ago, however, I purchased LessLoss Dynamic Filtering Power Cords. These have a very, very positive impact on the whole system. Most obvious were the improvements on my CD Player (Rega Saturn), but additional power cords on my pre and power amps were very beneficial. Background is blacker, micro details come out better and the frequency range is extended both up- and downwards. The highs are better now, sibilance is more natural, no more hard "s" and "t". With these power cords, I don't see any reason to filter the power supply for the amps.
Just like you, I live in Europe and have 230V, 50Hz power. The LessLoss cables come with Schuko-plugs, so it's really plug-and-play.

rustydoglim

• Industry Contributor
    • www.nuprimeaudio.com
« Reply #2 on: 2 Jan 2009, 12:28 pm »
We highly recommend the BlackNoise products from Systems and Magic (http://www.systemsandmagic.com/)
If you're in Europe, contact them directly.

Jason

Snowbound

« Reply #3 on: 8 Jan 2009, 02:20 pm »
Adding the Adept Response Ar5-T power conditioner (with Teflon caps) to my system, which includes Ref 9 V2 monoblocks, made an absolutely stunning improvement in every area. (This is the one Harry Pearson raved about in the Absolute Sound, and he was absolutely right.)
Another wonderful improvement, installed before the power conditioner, came from replacing the stock amplifier power cords with Crystal Cable micros.
Right now I'm using Audience PowerChords (makers of Adept Response) for my CD player and preamp. They're so good I might well get two more to replace the Crystal Cable cords on the amps.
Whatever the solution, there's no doubt whatever that these already great amps benefit hugely from better cords.
Cheers from 120v Canada. 

referenceaudionz

« Reply #4 on: 26 Jan 2009, 08:34 pm »
Rather than spend on power conditioning, I'd highly recommend you try CrystalPower Reference power cables.

The shielding on Crystal is the most effective I've come across for NuForce amps (and they need it): you're not hearing the full potential from Lessloss and many others I've owned (and customers have tried). I'm a dealer for Crystal and NuForce, and others...

Snowbound

« Reply #5 on: 26 Jan 2009, 10:12 pm »
I use Chrystal power cords on my NuForce amps as well. They are very good indeed and helped the amps a great deal. But the improvement from adding the Adept Response Ar6-T conditioner was simply massive and unmistakeable.
I don't know what the position of this forum is on dealers who post. Personally I don't have a problem with it - until the dealer starts saying we should spend our money on their products rather than something else.
Snowbound

Urwin

« Reply #6 on: 30 Jan 2009, 08:51 am »
what makes the last piece power cable (from the wall socket / power filter to the power amp socket, 9SE) more important that the rest of the power delivery system from the AC distribution board to the wall socket?

WerTicus

« Reply #7 on: 30 Jan 2009, 01:28 pm »
yeah or the utility company to your house :)

dont know but it does make a difference for sure.

rustydoglim

• Industry Contributor
    • www.nuprimeaudio.com
« Reply #8 on: 30 Jan 2009, 03:00 pm »
You should try the Black Noise Extreme on your source and 2500 on the amp.  That beats any high-end power cord or conditioner.

http://www.nuforce.com/Product-Black-Noise.htm

6rs

« Reply #9 on: 8 Feb 2009, 07:03 am »
You should try the Black Noise Extreme on your source and 2500 on the amp.  That beats any high-end power cord or conditioner.

http://www.nuforce.com/Product-Black-Noise.htm
I ordered a Black Noise 1000 for the two monoblocks. They are rated at 960W, I guess that should suffice for the 9SE V2?
The preamp and source are battery-powered.
Regards, Bruno

rustydoglim

• Industry Contributor
    • www.nuprimeaudio.com
« Reply #10 on: 10 Feb 2009, 11:28 am »
That's more than enough.
Jason

6rs

« Reply #11 on: 10 Feb 2009, 06:22 pm »
Indeed, these amps sound beautiful. I have been enjoying them last night for the first time. In particular, I was impressed by the bass, the incredible soundstage, the liquidity, and resolution. They match very well with my modded ATC SCM 20 SL (Scan speak revelator tweeter, Duleund coils and resistors, Mundorf capacitors). All the rave is justified. I am looking forward to experience the effect of the blacknoise 1000 filter. I have noticed that the sound was better after 10 pm which suggests that the cleanness of the AC matters.
Bruno

6rs

Got the Systems and Magic Blacknoise 1000
« Reply #12 on: 12 Feb 2009, 01:36 pm »
I hooked up the Blacknoise 1000 to the Nuforce 9 V2 SE.
It was immediately obvious that the sound is now more relaxed, natural and liquid.
I will definitely keep it.

beachbum

• Vinyl Delivers all of the Music
« Reply #13 on: 20 Feb 2009, 01:51 am »
All this week i had the opportunity to audition a APS 1050 early model power regenerator in my system. I am big on power repair due to the up and down voltage and other problems with electricity in the area. I've made a difference in the sound of my system using my BPT 2 along with brick wall units, PS audio Noise Harvesters and quite line filters around the house. The APS unit is a improvement to the 10th degree over them. I thought i had a revealing system with clarity, air, 3d sound, wide and deep sound stage detail and image. Wrong the introduction of the APS regenerator has increased everything big time. The biggest being a super quite back ground that reveals micro details not heard before by these ears. With that and across the board up factor in every other area i'm going with there 2000 model. Its on the expensive side some what but in the end well worth the money for the improvements to my systems sound delivery and my musical enjoyment and satisfaction.  aa

sac8d4

« Reply #14 on: 21 Feb 2009, 11:12 pm »
After reading Beachbums post... I was wondering if anyone has experimented with Monarchy Audio's ac regenerator with the Nuforce amps?