The Fisher Integrated Amp KX-100

mresseguie

• SW1X DAC+ D Sachs 300b + Daedalus Apollos = Heaven
The Fisher Integrated Amp KX-100
« on: 7 Mar 2021, 08:18 am »
My wife and I visited a couple old friends in Taichung yesterday. The guy couldn't remember exactly how long they've had the audio system, but he did say they've had it for a looong time. The amp is pictured below. It's The Fisher KX-100. I'm certain it's the first time I've ever heard one. There was a pair of three-way JBL speakers (forgot to snap a photo and forgot the model number) that sounded quite nice. He's had the amp refurbished a few times over the years.

Has anyone ever owned this amp? How was it?

Mike B.

Re: The Fisher Integrated Amp KX-100
« Reply #1 on: 7 Mar 2021, 05:07 pm »
Yes, that is a senior citizen integrated. I have several Fisher tube tuners from that period. They have the Fisher Doctor mods plus new caps. They still sound very nice.

timind

• permanent vacation
Re: The Fisher Integrated Amp KX-100
« Reply #2 on: 7 Mar 2021, 06:51 pm »
I had a KX-90 which I stupidly sold about a year ago. The KX amps were kit versions of the Fisher amps. The KX-90 used 7189A tubes in the output section and produced 18-20 watts or so. I recapped mine as it came with the original 50-year-old caps. Whoever built the amp I had did a fantastic job.

Lovely sounding amp. I had owned a few modern tube amps before the Fisher, but I never heard that "tube magic" until I listened to that vintage amp. Here's mine: