Open Baffle LS-9's - Pictures

Danny Richie

Re: Open Baffle LS-9's - Pictures
« Reply #40 on: 15 Jan 2015, 04:07 pm »
I'll be sitting on a handful of drivers just in case someone lets their dog eat one. Not many though.

Hugh

• Industry Participant
    • Angel City Audio
« Reply #41 on: 15 Jan 2015, 05:39 pm »
Hi Jay,

But of course. :)

Hi Hugh,
That may be true to a point,  but for us guys who aren't  designers,  it is can easilly be overlook/misunderstand. I'm sure it probably happens even more when   we see  such a well respected speaker  becoming  "not available", it's wishful thinking I guess   I think  many of us do realize there is  TON of  R&D that goes into these kits.
In this particular case,   I was  just hopig there was an off chance  there may be a  close sub for the LS woofers     which are now  gone.  The  M165X  write up says it works well on  an OB,  figured it was  worth asking about.   And, in this instance thread,   the LS woofers (used in the 6's and 9's) weren't ideal  for OB use anyway.  I know  those used in the LSX's of courese were..  I hadn't even  thought about  the  M165X's not being truncated (not 100% sure  what that means in this context but  assume it   reduces the frame size and allws  for stacking in a LS)  :scratch:

Danny,  I knew you didn't mind me asking.    That's  why your circle is such a great  place to learn  :thumb:

-jay

Outofthewoods

• Industry Participant
  • Fallen Enclosures, Inc. Crafted with Passion
« Reply #42 on: 19 Jan 2015, 06:08 am »
The sound I am getting is the best I have ever had or heard in 60 years as an audiophile. I just returned from CES and heard systems costing up to $.5 Million. I'll take mine over any of them.

That's awesome. :thumb:

BTW: Ruben did an absolutely gorgeous job with the LS-9 cabinets. I used the subs with my 'stats before I got the LS-9's. I had a local guy build them out of 3/4" MDF with counter-top material glued on them.

Highly recommended.

Thank you, Sir!

Ruben