new member Ric Way

ricwa

new member Ric Way
« on: 13 Feb 2020, 04:56 pm »
Hello everyone,

Passionate about music and audio for 45 years.  Retired software developer with EE degree.  Former musician (who wasn't in the 1970s). Built and sold amps and guitar amps from schematics in high school to earn money. I've gone from listening to 90% jazz and 10% classical when younger to 10% jazz and 90% classical now. I'm particularly interested in simple/elegant designs, both in amplification and speakers.  Much interest in open baffle and single driver speakers.

FullRangeMan

• Facilitator
  • To whom more was given more will be required.
    • Never go to a psychiatrist, adopt a straycat or dog. On the street they live only two years average.
Re: new member Ric Way
« Reply #1 on: 13 Feb 2020, 05:16 pm »
Welcome aboard :thumb:

Phil A

« Reply #2 on: 13 Feb 2020, 05:27 pm »
Welcome!

Wind Chaser

« Reply #3 on: 13 Feb 2020, 05:30 pm »
Welcome to Audio Circle. :D

hgoh1611

« Reply #4 on: 18 Feb 2020, 08:28 pm »
Hello everyone,

Passionate about music and audio for 45 years.  Retired software developer with EE degree.  Former musician (who wasn't in the 1970s). Built and sold amps and guitar amps from schematics in high school to earn money. I've gone from listening to 90% jazz and 10% classical when younger to 10% jazz and 90% classical now. I'm particularly interested in simple/elegant designs, both in amplification and speakers.  Much interest in open baffle and single driver speakers.

Hi! Nice background, I'm VMware admin here in Argentina. Now 50% Jazz, 20% Progressive,20% Rock and 10% Clasical (but increasing Clasical) I'm 38. I'm interested on building the X-Statik from GR research, what do you think?