Got a set of used LS6 Speakers, Questions now!

Cheeseboy

Re: Got a set of used LS6 Speakers, Questions now!
« Reply #60 on: 21 Feb 2013, 01:54 pm »
Will you be using the oppo as your preamp.

ufokillerz

« Reply #61 on: 21 Feb 2013, 06:09 pm »
Will you be using the oppo as your preamp.

That is the plan for now, if i have to, i will eventually add a preamp between that, but i hope it works ok.
Went with the Modwright modded Oppo with bybee rails and audio magic pulse gen zx
lots of audiophile mumbo jumbo i do not quite believe in yet, but maybe i will after i try them

it is for sure that the ls6 are very good at resolving whatever content you feed them, i could hear all the instrumentals in my music clearly whereas my setup for HT would have a lot of it masked.

ufokillerz

« Reply #62 on: 24 Mar 2013, 07:44 pm »
another question, speaker grilles, on or off? is it purely aesthetic?

i'm asking because my daughter rammed into my ls6 with her walker, and the grille landed on her head, wondering if most people run with grilles on or off?

tubesaab

« Reply #63 on: 25 Mar 2013, 11:59 am »
Not good with the grill on your daughters head..i have no grill but want to, because of dust,,,if you want to test how the grill behave on the music..try some music with a good deal of tweeter sound..maybe you can hear difference ,,maybe not..if the grill are wery tranparent , it can be hard to hear difference..i think you can measure the difference,,because of some reflection  from the grill
best Bjarne

Cheeseboy

« Reply #64 on: 29 Mar 2013, 10:29 pm »
I really like the Class D amps in the way that they control all of those woofers in my LS6's.  Have the new merrill amps arrived yet?  Get ready to rock!

ufokillerz

« Reply #65 on: 29 Mar 2013, 11:35 pm »
I really like the Class D amps in the way that they control all of those woofers in my LS6's.  Have the new merrill amps arrived yet?  Get ready to rock!

They have been here since saturday, but i haven't even gotten around to setting them up yet, i have my modwright oppo 105, and a cary c306 preamp i recently purchased.

Cheeseboy

« Reply #66 on: 30 Mar 2013, 11:23 pm »
Oh hell yeah!   Enjoy the sprawl!