Looking for Gary Dodd?

stevenkelby

• Adelaide, South Australia
Looking for Gary Dodd?
« on: 14 May 2012, 05:13 am »
Hi Guys,

Is anyone else waiting for Gary Dodd?

I have been waiting since Nov. 2010 for a working power supply for my amp. I email Gary regularly but he hasn't replied for a while, anyone in touch with him or waiting for a power supply too?

Thanks,

Steve.

wilsynet

Re: Looking for Gary Dodd?
« Reply #1 on: 14 May 2012, 06:08 am »
You mean after more than a year you haven't given up?

playntheblues

• D-Sonic, Mola Mola TamBagui, Tekton DISE
« Reply #2 on: 14 May 2012, 10:57 am »
That doesn't sound like Gary.  Sometimes he (we) have to wait on his vendors for different things but Gary always emails and calls promtly.  When is the last time you heard from him?  Give him another try he will respond.
Kind Regards,
Guy

Danny Richie

« Reply #3 on: 14 May 2012, 02:33 pm »
You might try giving him a call.

I too have been working with Gary and a guy that is working on a new power supply for him to use in those amps. Gary has not been the hold up.

The guy working on the power supplies has been dragging along on this for over a year. Finally samples were sent to Gary a few weeks ago that were to be installed into a set of my mono-blocks. We we going to premier them at LSAF. They arrived just in time, but one one them had a whistle and one had a hum. Clearly the bugs had not been worked out too well by the designer.

If these would have worked out then I think Gary would have been able to fix about a dozen of the stereo version of that amp. That includes one of mine.

It sounds like these power supplies are going to have to go back to the designer to work out some bugs. To say Gary is not happy with the power supply designer is an understatement.

firedog

« Reply #4 on: 14 May 2012, 02:36 pm »
was in contact with him recently by both phone and email. If email doesn't work. try calling. Maybe your server/mail service is blocking or deleting mail from him.

stevenkelby

« Reply #5 on: 15 May 2012, 04:18 am »
Thanks guys, frustrating all round I guess, having this beautiful $2200 amp that I can't use.

Calling is a pain as I'm in Australia.

Last reply I got was 12th Feb, was waiting for the mysterious "guy" to deliver the power supplies. Disappointed that I had to read from Danny above that they are also no good.

Guess I have no choice to keep waiting!

Thanks,

Steve.

Danny Richie

« Reply #6 on: 15 May 2012, 03:31 pm »
Hang in there fellows. There is a plan B in action too.

gld

• Industry Participant
    • http://doddaudio@live.net
« Reply #7 on: 16 May 2012, 02:02 pm »
Hey all. I am really sorry for all the troubles I have had getting the battery amps back up and running. I have been waiting on a "power supply guy' for more than 2 years for this new improved power supply design. As you all know by now I received them just days before the LSAF a few weeks ago. First off they turned out to be much larger physically than I asked for and they just barely fit in the mono amps of Danny's. I finally got them in there and powered them up and there was noise a lot of noises I might say! Needless to say they are back on the shelf waiting on power supplies again. There are no words I can use on this forum to describe how I feel right now. I feel like I have let down my customers who have been patiently waiting for years for their amps to work again! Heck I have had a few of you make linear supplies to get back up and running. I have chosen a good friend and business aquaintance to get on  board and give me his time and ideas to get this new power supply finalized and into your hands in as short of time as possible. It will happen and that's a promise from me to you. I will not stop until everyone is happy. Ideally I have several new battery amplifiers ready to go with up to 60 watts per channel on batteries!!! I have very high hopes that we can and will make this work. I also want to apoligize for not saying much about it all this time. It is hard for me because I am so disgusted with this other guy I can't even think about it anymore. He has brought my business way down and he is not willing to make good on it, or I am not willing to wait another 2 years for him to get it right!!
Please hang in there it is going to happen if it's the last thing I get done.
Thank you for understanding.
gary

Hank

• http://www.geocities.com/hankbond1/index
« Reply #8 on: 16 May 2012, 04:10 pm »
Too bad about your power supply guy.  These issues make a person want to "do it all myself"
Thought:  have you discussed your requirements with Paul Hynes?

stevenkelby

« Reply #9 on: 17 May 2012, 06:17 am »
Hi Danny and Gary,

Thanks for the replies, much appreciated.

I'm happy to keep waiting patiently as long as it will get done one day, really good to know there is progress being made.

Gary I know it must be extremely frustrating for you and I sympathize. Hope you're health is good now too.

Best,

Steve.

stevenkelby

« Reply #10 on: 17 Jun 2012, 09:28 pm »
Another month gone by, any updates at all? :)

Thanks,

Steve.

Hank

• http://www.geocities.com/hankbond1/index
« Reply #11 on: 18 Jun 2012, 11:01 am »
Gary:  I meant this question for you:  "Thought:  have you discussed your requirements with Paul Hynes?" 

Sorry I didn't make that clear.

gld

• Industry Participant
« Reply #12 on: 18 Jun 2012, 06:13 pm »
I have a new designer working for me on the power supply. I also want you to know I have full confidence in this man, and have known him for quite some time.
So I would like for all of you who need a new power supply be patient for just a bit longer and you  will indeed get it, no charge when they are completed and I am confident that they are ready. Thanks for your understanding.

morganc

« Reply #13 on: 19 Jun 2012, 02:23 am »
I have a new designer working for me on the power supply. I also want you to know I have full confidence in this man, and have known him for quite some time.
So I would like for all of you who need a new power supply be patient for just a bit longer and you  will indeed get it, no charge when they are completed and I am confident that they are ready. Thanks for your understanding.

That's great news Gary.  Thanks for the information and the good news.   Hopefully we will all have new PS's soon and you will have  a hot new amplifier to sell for battery operation.....

stevenkelby

« Reply #14 on: 19 Jun 2012, 03:31 am »
Thanks for the news Gary, much appreciated :)

Keep us updated :)

Best,

Steve.

stevenkelby

« Reply #15 on: 17 Jul 2012, 09:25 pm »
Another month gone by, any progress?

Steve.

gld

• Industry Participant
« Reply #16 on: 17 Jul 2012, 11:01 pm »
Well I'll give you all the info I have so far from the new fellow.
I took all the stuff I had left over form the guy who took 2 years to screw up and all of my old power supplies that failed after some time and sent it to him. After a few days I heard from him and he has decided that what I did was a great foundation that I had just left a few important things out. He was fairly certain that he could take what I had come up with and perfect it. That's what I have so far. I'll do my best at updating as I have new info. I am starting to get excited again about the battery amp stuff with all sorts of great new ideas! :thumb:
Gary

HAL

• Industry Contributor
« Reply #17 on: 18 Jul 2012, 12:12 am »
Gary,
Wonderful news! 

Looking forward to what your new PS guy comes up with.  :D

stevenkelby

« Reply #18 on: 18 Jul 2012, 02:10 am »
Thanks Gary, looking forward to it.

stevenkelby

« Reply #19 on: 15 Aug 2012, 03:42 am »
Another month gone by, any more updates for us Gary?

Thanks,

Steve.