Recommended speaker cables for Vandersteen 2ce Sig II

zuluwarrior0760

Re: Recommended speaker cables for Vandersteen 2ce Sig II
« Reply #20 on: 11 Jan 2012, 05:28 am »
I owned 2CE Signatures for 10 years.  I recently moved to a much larger
room than before and upgraded to Revel Studio 2's

I ran Kimber 8TC with my Vandersteens until I upgraded all my cables about 1 1/2 years ago.

I listened to many bi-wire cables and interconnects and settled on Grover Huffman cables.
http://www.groverhuffman.com/

An 8ft pair would be around 700 or so as I recall.  They have a fair amount of break-in but when
all was said and done, they bested anything I had heard up to that point under 2K and I listened
to a lot of cables.

Hang on to those speakers.  They are the best you can find under 6K

anonymoustao

Re: Recommended speaker cables for Vandersteen 2ce Sig II
« Reply #21 on: 12 Jan 2012, 11:31 pm »
I owned 2CE Signatures for 10 years.  I recently moved to a much larger
room than before and upgraded to Revel Studio 2's

I ran Kimber 8TC with my Vandersteens until I upgraded all my cables about 1 1/2 years ago.

I listened to many bi-wire cables and interconnects and settled on Grover Huffman cables.
http://www.groverhuffman.com/

An 8ft pair would be around 700 or so as I recall.  They have a fair amount of break-in but when
all was said and done, they bested anything I had heard up to that point under 2K and I listened
to a lot of cables.

Hang on to those speakers.  They are the best you can find under 6K

I've seen Grover's cables mentioned on the SH forums.  I'll look into them, too.  Thanks! 

I figure I may as well enjoy the auditioning process for cables, and use it as an opportunity to become a better listener. 

I can only promise to hang to the speakers for the next 2 years.  Beyond that, I'll probably try something else, even if I end up sticking with the Vandersteens.  :)

Right now, the missing amplification from my life is my biggest problem.  And that needs to rectified tout suite.