new review of the Amadeus in 6moons

threadkiller

new review of the Amadeus in 6moons
« on: 28 Dec 2010, 04:39 pm »
looks like reviewer Paul Candy gets it....

http://6moons.com/audioreviews/welltempered/1.html

roscoeiii

Re: new review of the Amadeus in 6moons
« Reply #1 on: 29 Dec 2010, 01:51 am »
Agreed, I would be more interested in how the Amadeus compares to comparably priced turntables. Shouldn't be a surprise that it sounds better than a Pro-ject 5.

TerryO

« Reply #2 on: 29 Dec 2010, 02:11 am »
Agreed, I would be more interested in how the Amadeus compares to comparably priced turntables. Shouldn't be a surprise that it sounds better than a Pro-ject 5.

My Amadeus certainly sounds better than a Pro-ject 5 and several Linn TT's that we've compared it to. It's actually quite good by any criteria.
 :thumb:

When I finish building the new tonearm for my Sota Star Sapphire (vacuum hold down), then I'll have an even better idea how it stacks up.

Best Regards,
TerryO

threadkiller

« Reply #3 on: 29 Dec 2010, 05:36 am »
If you check on some of Paul Candy's reviews, you'd see that he has had quite a few brushes with "expensive" tables, and he mentions the Scheu even in this review.  I don't think you can fault him for describing the musicality of the Amadeus, which is his job, whether he had compared it to a $1k table or a $20K table is pointless.  When you hear it set up properly it will either grab you and make sense to you or it won't.

SteveFord

• Volunteer
  • The poodle bites, the poodle chews it.
« Reply #4 on: 31 Dec 2010, 03:21 pm »
Has anyone compared it to the other turntables made by Opera Audio?  I have heard good things about this one from a buddy (here's a review, not written by my friend):

http://www.avrev.com/home-theater-audio-sources/vinyl-lp/opera-consonance-lp-6.1-turntable-and-t988-tonearm.html

gagamut

« Reply #5 on: 2 Jan 2011, 11:48 am »
just want to say,the Amadeus TT everthing is GREAT, :D