Nordost footers

Eugene2

Nordost footers
« on: 20 Oct 2015, 07:28 pm »
Just replaced the stock footers and the Herbies between my Cirrus and Joule bass units with some Inexpensive Nordost footers I had.  It raised the Cirrus up slightly, the improvement is not minor.  Immediately the image became more pronounced, micro dynamics improved, improved clarity, all I can say is wow...

Same footers were screwed into the bottom of the bass cabinet and seated into the disc.  If you have the Joule they are worth the minor investment, you need four sets for both the top and bottom of the bass bins and they thread right into the bottoms and the circumference of the top is the perfect size.  Hopefully they are still available somewhere, I bought mine at Music Direct over a year ago.

Don_S

Re: Nordost footers
« Reply #1 on: 20 Oct 2015, 07:45 pm »
Those are called Nordost Pulsar Points.  I think they came in two models-- aluminum and titanium.  The ones in the picture appear to be aluminum.

Vapor Audio

• Industry Participant
  • Building Audio Bling since 2007
    • Vapor Audio
« Reply #2 on: 17 Nov 2015, 05:09 am »
Hey Mike, with your new pair of cabinets we're building, we can make accommodations to recess whatever footers you want into the top of the bass bin cabinet so the top section still sits at the proper height. 

In fact, we're working on our own footer design that we think will be a step up from those Nordost feet, and on the level (or better) than Stillpoints and Finite Elemente feet.

Eugene2

« Reply #3 on: 24 Nov 2015, 04:43 pm »
Sounds great to my ears, it's an improvement for sure

pconley2

« Reply #4 on: 24 Nov 2015, 10:36 pm »
Hey Mike, with your new pair of cabinets we're building, we can make accommodations to recess whatever footers you want into the top of the bass bin cabinet so the top section still sits at the proper height. 

In fact, we're working on our own footer design that we think will be a step up from those Nordost feet, and on the level (or better) than Stillpoints and Finite Elemente feet.

Ryan, what can you tell us about these feet, as you know, my Joules are still sitting on the carpet on sliders to move around the room, but I would like to elevate them somewhat but at a good price point, any info?

Phil

Pete Schumacher

• Industry Participant
  • It's all in the pursuit
    • Vapor Audio
« Reply #5 on: 25 Nov 2015, 04:57 am »
Ryan, what can you tell us about these feet, as you know, my Joules are still sitting on the carpet on sliders to move around the room, but I would like to elevate them somewhat but at a good price point, any info?

Phil

they are still a way off.  Only on the drawing board so far but should be moving forward through the winter season.

pconley2

« Reply #6 on: 26 Nov 2015, 01:01 am »
Thanks, Pete, and Happy Thanksgiving to you, to Ryan, to Ed and to the families that love you (and your fans)

Phil

Eugene2

« Reply #7 on: 26 Nov 2015, 08:48 pm »

I would use the footers you are building since they will be crafted for your design.  The Nordost are a perfect size for my current configuration.  They position the top to create the perfect soundstage height and the bass bins gained a bit of solidity both of image and the bass became quite a bit tighter.  4 days ago I switched from Verastarr copper to all silver biwire, simply amazing what has happened to resolution, soundstage and tone.  Topping it off with his USB cable, really good stuff.