Hockey Season

Wind Chaser

Re: Hockey Season
« Reply #40 on: 13 May 2017, 04:54 pm »
Now that the Oilers are out I'll settle for the Senators and a bottle of maple syrup.  :lol:

twitch54

« Reply #41 on: 13 May 2017, 04:58 pm »
Glad I was wrong . Amazing effort , goal tending was incredible!! Timely goals , and missed opportunities early for the Caps.

agreed .........typical Washington playoff hockey, reminds me of the Rangers from the late sixties, early seventies.

Speedskater

• Kevin
« Reply #42 on: 14 May 2017, 04:03 pm »
I definitely liked the replacement team of TV commentators for the Saturday game over the  team that usually does the East coast games. It would be nice if Doc retired.

stlrman

« Reply #43 on: 16 May 2017, 01:31 am »
Super tight game. Pens dominating most of the play but Anderson is standing super tall , he is 6 foot 4 !!, frustrating all attempts!! Crazy hitting going on . Pens lost Schultz and Rust in the first period to some brutal clean checks.
Ottawa plays very stingy defense.
Note to Pens , don't go into OT with them !!  6 of 9 OT wins this playoff! Great game though!!! :thumb:

mcgsxr

« Reply #44 on: 16 May 2017, 11:47 am »
I caught only the 3rd period.  It was tight and in the end the Pens deserved this one.

Wednesday should be a good one.

Pulling for Ottawa (last Canuck team left!)  but will support the eastern conference in the finals either way.

stlrman

« Reply #45 on: 30 May 2017, 12:03 am »
Time to battle for the greatest trophy all of sports!!

Who is watching ? This should be a fantastic series !!

stlrman

« Reply #46 on: 30 May 2017, 02:31 am »
3-1 Pens , but getting schooled!! Not a single shot in 26 minutes.
I'll take an ugly win if we can hold on.

stlrman

« Reply #47 on: 30 May 2017, 02:50 am »
Can't hold on when your getting your ass kicked .
Pathetic game for the Pens except for five minutes.
Tied up 3-3 . Total domination for the Preds.

stlrman

« Reply #48 on: 12 Jun 2017, 01:43 am »
Total nail biter in game six!! Great action both ways , stellar goal tending both ways.
A great game to watch!! :thumb:
0-0 through middle of the second .

stlrman

« Reply #49 on: 12 Jun 2017, 03:28 am »
Back to back baby !! :thumb: :thumb:

Letitroll98

• Volunteer
  • Too loud is just right
« Reply #50 on: 12 Jun 2017, 10:15 am »
Go Pens!!!  :thumb:

steve in jersey

« Reply #51 on: 12 Jun 2017, 01:08 pm »
I'm trying to think if there's a Sports Team in Pittsburgh that I don't even dislike !!!

Let's see we have the team with "Ben the Mollestor" & the team that has "The Next One" (that the NHL decided to "Crown" before he took his first puck drop; Seriously... they decided to put him at "Gretsky level"?????). Why do the major Sports Leagues do this nonsense ? What's that song title "We don't need another Hero". Creating Sports "Heroes" before they've had a few years of playing their sport doesn't work for people who followed sports year after year . You can't tell me that when a league promotes new "Stars" the players aren't getting preferential treatment from the Officials "from the start of their careers"

Yeah , I know that it's a matter of 'Sour Grapes' on my part, & Sid is very talented, but how much has the league help him out from the start ? Why bother watching the games if there's a 'Star' or 'Sports Hero' on the other team ? (& the Sports Commentator's at every opportunity tell the spectators how great certain players are ?)

I may be done with "Spectator Sports" for a while ! (Well at least until Football Season starts: so I can get aggravated all over again. Can we just release all the Officials or rotate them to different Sports every year. They can't do any worse then they already do every year I suppose)

Speedskater

• Kevin
« Reply #52 on: 12 Jun 2017, 01:19 pm »
The last game was all about poor referee's calls (both ways) and bouncing pucks.

Letitroll98

• Volunteer
  • Too loud is just right
« Reply #53 on: 12 Jun 2017, 01:44 pm »
Really, hating on Sid Crosby?  So squeaky clean that his biggest scandal is cutting in line at the DMV?  Dozens of awards including back to back Conn Smythe awards and Stanley Cups with him as captain?  Sure it's too soon to talk Gretsky greatness, especially with the head injury history, but he's so obviously the best player in hockey today that some speculation on what he might achieve is not unwarranted.  I get that you're frustrated with pro sports and the demigod status of many stars, might I politely suggest that a different star player in a current playoff sport might be a better target for your ire?  Regardless, all the best and here's hoping football season brings you some measure of comfort.

Wind Chaser

« Reply #54 on: 12 Jun 2017, 04:08 pm »
...he's so obviously the best player in hockey today...

You're kidding right?

mcgsxr

« Reply #55 on: 12 Jun 2017, 06:06 pm »
Hard for Predators fans this AM after the quick whistle on their goal.  Then salt in the wound as a former teammate scores the game winner in a garbage goal.

Good for the Pens for persevering and winning another.

Pred's fans can believe that their team is right there now, and could be 1 trade away from a return visit to the Cup.

steve in jersey

« Reply #56 on: 13 Jun 2017, 01:19 pm »
Really, hating on Sid Crosby?  So squeaky clean that his biggest scandal is cutting in line at the DMV?  Dozens of awards including back to back Conn Smythe awards and Stanley Cups with him as captain?  Sure it's too soon to talk Gretsky greatness, especially with the head injury history, but he's so obviously the best player in hockey today that some speculation on what he might achieve is not unwarranted.  I get that you're frustrated with pro sports and the demigod status of many stars, might I politely suggest that a different star player in a current playoff sport might be a better target for your ire?  Regardless, all the best and here's hoping football season brings you some measure of comfort.

Nah !!!!  All "Star" players in just about every major sport somewhat "water down" some of the respect many very talented players in those sports deserve.

Anyone who follows sports will defintely see how certain players stand out from the others, but you plainly see sometimes that "featured
stars" think they deserve additional officiating consideration at times. I'm just suggesting that "Star Player" status is more of something "Newbies" seem to to thrive on. & "Star Status" becomes a vicious cycle where all the other players seem to hold back playing certain players as aggressively as they could for fear of being penalized .

Sports are not "American Idol"...... He,he,he, yeah, I don't see much hope for myself staying a Sports Fan much longer ! My "Angst level" ends up over riding my enjoyment of the competition. (Which is something I just fail to get about Piano Competitions..... We really have more extremely talented Musicians than we need ????????)

jimbones

« Reply #57 on: 13 Jun 2017, 05:59 pm »

As much as I dislike Cindy, he is currently the best hockey player in the NHL in my opinion. I don't think it is too early to compare him to the greats of the sport and I do believe he will match up favorably. However, I do think he has been handed the silver spoon. Not his fault. It's the parents (Bettman).

twitch54

« Reply #58 on: 22 Jun 2017, 12:45 pm »
they have a saying in P'burgh .............."Whether it be ice or grass, we'll kick your ass" !

Wind Chaser

« Reply #59 on: 22 Jun 2017, 03:08 pm »
Really, hating on Sid Crosby?  ...he's so obviously the best player in hockey today...

Sidney who?? Unfortunately the NHL doesn't see it that way...  :shake: :lol:

Last night they awarded the leagues most valuable player trophy to Connor McDavid:thumb:

McDavid was also chosen by the NHL Players Association as the leagues most outstanding player.  :thumb:

Oh, and who scored the most points last season?? Yes, that's right - Connor McDavid!!  :rules:

« Last Edit: 22 Jun 2017, 05:48 pm by Wind Chaser »