uDSD and JRiver MC settings

SFDude

uDSD and JRiver MC settings
« on: 1 Aug 2018, 07:36 pm »
While at a friend's place, I tried getting the uDSD to work while connected to a PC via USB, running JRiver MC. Went through the FAQ and configured the settings accordingly. We couldn't get this to output to a Receiver (connected via digital coax to the uDSD). When playing FLACs, everything worked fine. Installed the driver from NuPrime's website last night, PC on Win10. Receiver is an Onkyo home theater one (I forget which model # but it's several years old).

Not sure what else to do here besides dump JRiver. ;)

-dave

Phil A

Re: uDSD and JRiver MC settings
« Reply #1 on: 2 Aug 2018, 01:04 am »
What are your JRiver DSD and Output Settings?  How is it connected to the Onkyo?  What formats and sampling rates does the Onkyo handle?

RafaPolit

• www.rafaelpolit.com
« Reply #2 on: 2 Aug 2018, 05:24 am »
I am not going to be of much help, but, as you, I tried all the settings listed in the manual, the updated info, questions on forums, etc., etc.  I was never able to play DSD on windows, no matter what.

I hooked te uDSD to a Linux RPi3 and it worked flawlessly.  I won't be using windows for the uDSD now, but I got really frustrated by the fact that I couldn't get the DSD to work, ever.  It's a constant reminder that there is a functionality I can never take advantage of, even if I tried.

If you find a solution, please share.  Thanks,
Rafa.

giordy60

« Reply #3 on: 2 Aug 2018, 02:10 pm »
some indications from the site JRiver
https://wiki.jriver.com/index.php/DSD