ACI Titan/Omega

rajacat

• Washington State
ACI Titan/Omega
« on: 8 Mar 2007, 01:54 am »
Has anybody used an ACI Titan subwoofer with Omega speakers? Is this sub fast enough to integrate well with Omegas? My Omega Hemp Bipoles do have excellent bass but I've found a deal on a Titan which may be too good to turn down so I'm thinking for the 50-20  Hz region it would be nice to have some gut wrenching bass. aa

Raj

DougE

Re: ACI Titan/Omega
« Reply #1 on: 17 Mar 2007, 12:06 am »
I ran my XRS hemp in my main rig along with my ACI Titan.  A superb match!  Actually, I unhooked my Cain BENs and put in the XRS without disconnecting the sub--and thought:  damn!  These XRS really have some serious bass!  Then, of course, I realized that I hadn't disconnected the sub,  duh!  (The XRS on their own are darned good for a 4" cone.)  Anyway, point is that with the Titan on my first thought wasn't "hey, I have the sub on", which I suppose speaks well to the fact that it mates nicely.  So, to answer your question I'd say yes it's fast enough.  Of course, no sub match is totally seamless...

But, I've found the ACI Titan to mate well with nearly any speaker I've heard it paired with.  Best results for me have come when it's kept out of the corner but near a sidewall.  There, it has good impact but is more like the mains in charachter and not boomy or lumpy.  Oh, and I get a solid 27.5Hz response in my large volume room.

Let me know if I can be of any help.

rajacat

• Washington State
« Reply #2 on: 17 Mar 2007, 12:34 am »
Hi Doug

Well, I did buy the Titan II and I'm in the process of integrating with my Hemp Bipoles. The more the the new Hemp drivers are broken in (~100 hrs. so far) the more I'm impressed with the bass output which is certainly sufficient for most jazz recordings. However, today I played Mickey Hart's Planet Drum which has some serious deep bass and the Titan II can really shake the house! Thanks for the offer of help. I may need it when I do the final touches on the integration.

Raj

kbuzz3

« Reply #3 on: 18 Mar 2007, 03:22 pm »
not to confuse you more but you may also want the look at a used tbi. Really really quick and mates well with the omegas. I have not heard the aci so cant comment .....

Lkdog

« Reply #4 on: 18 Mar 2007, 03:31 pm »
ACI Titans can hang with anything.
They are designed for music first.
Good choice.

Louis O

« Reply #5 on: 19 Mar 2007, 11:49 pm »
This is great news and really happy to find out about another sub that works great. I have had trouble recommending subs and this really helps.

Thanks DougE for your post on the system.

Hi Rajacat,

Great to hear the BPCs are breaking in and they don't have that much more to go. The bass is really good, but not down to low 20's.

Hi kbuzz,

I have had the TBi until someone stole it from my shop. I though this was a good sub too.

Thanks again,
Louis