My New X5 Setup

Gsb1000

My New X5 Setup
« on: 19 May 2022, 01:23 am »
Hope all here are enjoying there own unique Spatial audio setups-I wanted and felt obliged to post a pic of my X5 that arrived a few weeks ago nicely broken in by Cloud at Spatial prior to shipping them-

I have been in this crazy ass hobby for years and these speakers continue to satisfy and amaze me everyday-the more hours the better they seem to get

I have a pair of 17k pair of Qln prestige 5 and I am enjoying these more for now-both great but something about these X5 that seem to tickle my pickle (no pun intended) in all the right ways

Associated gear is Moon 680dv2 dac, Innuos zenith 3, Phoenix reclocker, sotm switch and this incredible integrated from Circle Audio Labs A200 that is the most special piece of amplification I have ever heard-the moment anyone hears this thing it’s apparent it’s special-never heard anything quite like it

Also have a Mac 462 and Audion Stirling single ended 18 watt amp-all sound great but man this A200 is on another level

A friend running Spatials in Atlanta told me about it-I have it in here on demo but cannot see it going back

Here is a pic of my setup

Speakers about 9.5/Ft apart and seat is about 11 ft back

Room is about 18ft wide, 26ft long and 9 ft ceilings that angle down in front and on right side-front creates sort of an amphitheater effect which is neat

Thoughts and suggestions welcome from the hive

Gsb1000

Re: My New X5 Setup
« Reply #1 on: 19 May 2022, 04:29 am »
Speakers are 50 inches off of that front wall for those curious

Tyson

• Audio - It's all a big fake.
« Reply #2 on: 19 May 2022, 04:34 am »
Nice setup!  Rooms with ascending ceilings like yours usually sound really good - I'm a little jealous :D

Tarheel

« Reply #3 on: 19 May 2022, 11:20 am »
Very nice set up and I envy your room size!

jnschneyer

« Reply #4 on: 19 May 2022, 04:24 pm »
As others have remarked, it's nice to have a good-sized room dedicated, or seemingly so by the pics, to your setup.  I received my own X5s not quite two weeks ago (I was too impatient to have them broken in at Spatial, so I'm starting from scratch) and, like yours, mine seem to improve almost daily.  So, either I or the speakers seem to be breaking in nicely.  I'm curious how you decided on the treatment you have and if you bothered with any on the side or rear walls.  I have no treatment whatsoever as yet, and I still, after less than two weeks, get a deep, clear soundstage that extends well beyond the width and height of the speakers.  I imagine having the right treatment would only improve on this.  I'm waiting until the speakers break in something close to completely before adding treatment, so I have a better idea of what to address, if anything, but I'd love to know how your panels and diffuser affected the sound of yours.  Thanks in advance, and congratulations.

Josh 

Gsb1000

« Reply #5 on: 19 May 2022, 05:21 pm »
Thanks for the feedback and comments-
To Josh-
This is a relatively (8 months) new house/room and this room although on the bigger side of medium has lots of irregular shapes and cavities on the right side and does open to a little hallway on this 3rd floor so I worked with Chris at Ember Audio in Winton Salem to come up with a plan to get best sound I could out of this room and although not perfect it’s really good to my ears

Bc of the non linear shape the right speaker is placed a couple inches closer to wall to get that magical center image and flat soundstage effect but all in all it’s a really good sounding room

If you want to pm me I can give you more info on my room treatments and I will attach

a few more pics of room so can get a better idea

Cheers and best in health and listening to all

Gsb

Gsb1000

« Reply #6 on: 19 May 2022, 05:32 pm »

Gsb1000

« Reply #7 on: 19 May 2022, 05:32 pm »

Gsb1000

« Reply #8 on: 19 May 2022, 05:33 pm »

Gsb1000

« Reply #9 on: 19 May 2022, 05:38 pm »
Sorry about multiple duplicate uploads
Room is a work in progress and will eventually change out carpet for wood floor and go with a 3 seat couch and possibly projector and retractable screen but for now just enjoying music through these amazing X5

Gsb1000

« Reply #10 on: 19 May 2022, 05:41 pm »
And for those wondering the sub is not in use with the X5 as the bass is to clean and fast to blend in with a sub-to my ears the bass is just right sans sub

DBT AUDIO

« Reply #11 on: 19 May 2022, 08:34 pm »
Sorry about multiple duplicate uploads
Room is a work in progress and will eventually change out carpet for wood floor and go with a 3 seat couch and possibly projector and retractable screen but for now just enjoying music through these amazing X5
The room is really nice.  I have a pair of X5s and they have about 130 hours on them and they smoke!  What’s the name of the other speakers in the pics?  How do the X5s compete with them so far?

Gsb1000

« Reply #12 on: 19 May 2022, 11:06 pm »
Hi-
The other speakers are QLN Prestige 5 which retail for 17k and are also great speakers-to my ears the X5 seem to sound more….well open and like live music….it’s sort of like pick your poison but something about the X5 sounds more enjoyable to my ears… not sure if that could change but for now I am digging the X5 and every time I go back to the QLN I miss the sound of the X5… the fact they even compete with speakers more than double the price says something-
Cheersz,Gsb

DBT AUDIO

« Reply #13 on: 20 May 2022, 03:01 am »
Hi-
The other speakers are QLN Prestige 5 which retail for 17k and are also great speakers-to my ears the X5 seem to sound more….well open and like live music….it’s sort of like pick your poison but something about the X5 sounds more enjoyable to my ears… not sure if that could change but for now I am digging the X5 and every time I go back to the QLN I miss the sound of the X5… the fact they even compete with speakers more than double the price says something-
Cheersz,Gsb
Ok, I do recall you mentioning you owned a pair of QLN speakers.  Wow, it’s always nice to get positive feedback from a Spatial Audio owner that has an expensive pair of conventional box speakers that prefer the Spatials!  Thanks

cloudbaseracer

« Reply #14 on: 24 May 2022, 03:46 pm »
PM sent.

Cheers,
James

Mr. Big

« Reply #15 on: 1 Jun 2022, 12:02 am »
Hope all here are enjoying there own unique Spatial audio setups-I wanted and felt obliged to post a pic of my X5 that arrived a few weeks ago nicely broken in by Cloud at Spatial prior to shipping them-

I have been in this crazy ass hobby for years and these speakers continue to satisfy and amaze me everyday-the more hours the better they seem to get

I have a pair of 17k pair of Qln prestige 5 and I am enjoying these more for now-both great but something about these X5 that seem to tickle my pickle (no pun intended) in all the right ways

Associated gear is Moon 680dv2 dac, Innuos zenith 3, Phoenix reclocker, sotm switch and this incredible integrated from Circle Audio Labs A200 that is the most special piece of amplification I have ever heard-the moment anyone hears this thing it’s apparent it’s special-never heard anything quite like it

Also have a Mac 462 and Audion Stirling single ended 18 watt amp-all sound great but man this A200 is on another level

A friend running Spatials in Atlanta told me about it-I have it in here on demo but cannot see it going back

Here is a pic of my setup

Speakers about 9.5/Ft apart and seat is about 11 ft back

Room is about 18ft wide, 26ft long and 9 ft ceilings that angle down in front and on right side-front creates sort of an amphitheater effect which is neat

Thoughts and suggestions welcome from the hive

Good luck with the sale of the Spatial speakers.

aniwolfe

« Reply #16 on: 1 Jun 2022, 12:35 pm »
Gsb1000

Are you selling your Qln prestige 5 speakers also? Wow...just realized your selling your 2nd pair of X5's. I might know someone that might be interested.

Gsb1000

« Reply #17 on: 2 Jun 2022, 05:13 am »
Hi-
The Spatial's are sold and my QLN could be available but have not listed them yet bc it’s higher price point is harder to sell than the Spatial

Cheers
Gsb

DBT AUDIO

« Reply #18 on: 2 Jun 2022, 09:42 am »
Hi-
The Spatial's are sold and my QLN could be available but have not listed them yet bc it’s higher price point is harder to sell than the Spatial

Cheers
Gsb
I reviewed the postings in this thread and I didn’t see where you mentioned you were selling your X5s.  Can you share why you decided to sell them?  What speakers are in the cooker to replace the Spatials?