VMPS Speakers For Sale...!

AVB

Re: VMPS Speakers For Sale...!
« Reply #1360 on: 5 Mar 2023, 02:57 pm »
Are you looking for a pair or single 626R?  I have a very nice pair of Rosewoods with FS tweeters and Megawoofer that I purchased from John.  They’ve been sitting unused for some time.  Original boxes and one grill included (tabs broke off the other grill).  I can send photos if you’re interested.

Ken

I really only need one but would take a pair depending on how much you want and where you are.  I'm sure the pictures you posted are fine except my vision is so bad I can't tell anything about them. My 110" screen is about the only thing I see anymore and even then I lose track of things under fast action. Is it that you no longer have the second grill or that s is just broken?  Sorry for the slow reply but I didn't catch the notification message.

GeorgeAb

« Reply #1361 on: 6 Mar 2023, 04:38 pm »
I really only need one but would take a pair depending on how much you want and where you are.  I'm sure the pictures you posted are fine except my vision is so bad I can't tell anything about them. My 110" screen is about the only thing I see anymore and even then I lose track of things under fast action. Is it that you no longer have the second grill or that s is just broken?  Sorry for the slow reply but I didn't catch the notification message.

AVB,

Responding for the seller Ken. They are sold. My home theater setup of RM40's and LRC are in Rosewood. I purchased those 626's to have VMPS surrounds in matching rosewood. Never seen them come up in Rosewood so jumped on them.

AVB

« Reply #1362 on: 6 Mar 2023, 05:30 pm »
Well darn the bad luck for me  :(

GeorgeAb

« Reply #1363 on: 11 Mar 2023, 08:14 pm »
Big shout out to kmmd Ken who posted selling his 626R's in this thread. Just received his super clean pair of 626R's in Rosewood so I now have a complete home theater VMPS setup, RM-40, LCR, and 626's as surrounds all in rosewood. Hard enough to find a clean pair of 626's, but in rosewood is a miracle. Appreciated people who care for their things and it showed down to having the original tweeter packing protective tape. Wife is super happy also. Thank Ken!

kmmd

• My VAC is back - now silver w/phono
    • Systems
« Reply #1364 on: 11 Mar 2023, 08:59 pm »
Thank you George for the smooth transaction and feedback!  Glad that they arrived safely this morning  They look fantastic in your HT system btw.  Honestly I’ve been waiting for a rosewood LCR, but one never came up for sale.  So after I got my YG Acoustics Carmel 2s, I was able to move my Maggie 1.6s into my bedroom and the 626s were extra.  Enjoy them and happy listening  :)

AVB

« Reply #1365 on: 15 Mar 2023, 05:00 pm »
OK, I have a set of 626JR's coming in. One has a blown tweeter but I know that the FST tweeter was an option and they are still available. My question is if the FST version had any crossover changes or was it a drop-in upgrade? Misco still makes the woofer that came with the JR if I need those. Lower power and no phase plug but with an 80hz crossover to the subs that probably doesn't matter too much.  I don't remember what midrange panel was being used in 1998 when these were made but I guess I'll find out. I really hope those are good since I know a panel change means new crossovers too.

AVB

« Reply #1366 on: 15 Mar 2023, 08:32 pm »
Dear VMPS owners and fans,

This is just  questioIn to gauge interest in a special run of Misco LLC62W-8A woofer. These came in RM30s and 'm pretty sure 626R and there may be others (LRC?) The more people who express an interest the better chance we can get this done and the more the price per unit will go down. Right now there has to be a firm commitment for 10 units to bring the cost down to $100 per speaker.

If somebody wants to take over keeping track of who wants in and for how many that would be great since I'm legally blind and really don't want to try to read and keep track of emails.
« Last Edit: 11 Apr 2023, 03:56 pm by AVB »

ZAKski288

« Reply #1367 on: 15 Mar 2023, 09:24 pm »
OK, I have a set of 626JR's coming in. One has a blown tweeter but I know that the FST tweeter was an option and they are still available. My question is if the FST version had any crossover changes or was it a drop-in upgrade? Misco still makes the woofer that came with the JR if I need those. Lower power and no phase plug but with an 80hz crossover to the subs that probably doesn't matter too much.  I don't remember what midrange panel was being used in 1998 when these were made but I guess I'll find out. I really hope those are good since I know a panel change means new crossovers too.

I think crossover is pretty close but, here are values for FST tweeter  .25mH coil, 1.32uF  - 1.36uF capacitor

AVB

« Reply #1368 on: 15 Mar 2023, 09:47 pm »
I think crossover is pretty close but, here are values for FST tweeter  .25mH coil, 1.32uF  - 1.36uF capacitor

Much obliged

wyman

« Reply #1369 on: 17 Mar 2023, 12:47 am »
I need to downsize my system a bit so unfortunately that means letting go of my VMPS. I have some RM40s, a RM30 Center, a sub, and 3-4 monitors. I also have several spare ribbon speakers. I am selling all of the above along with an Earthquake Sounds Cinenova 3 for $500 USD - as is. I have no intentions to ship, so the buyer would need to pick up the equipment from my home in Dallas. I am posting here first in the hopes that someone who loves VMPS will give them a good home.

John Casler

« Reply #1370 on: 17 Mar 2023, 12:59 am »
I need to downsize my system a bit so unfortunately that means letting go of my VMPS. I have some RM40s, a RM30 Center, a sub, and 3-4 monitors. I also have several spare ribbon speakers. I am selling all of the above along with an Earthquake Sounds Cinenova 3 for $500 USD - as is. I have no intentions to ship, so the buyer would need to pick up the equipment from my home in Dallas. I am posting here first in the hopes that someone who loves VMPS will give them a good home.

Did you mean $5000?

If $500 is not a typo, SOMEONE is going to get a VERY special deal, and the CINENOVA goes really well with VMPS.

wyman

« Reply #1371 on: 17 Mar 2023, 01:21 am »
Not a typo, but thats a limited offer for this group only. Mostly, I would prefer the speakers go to someone who I know will love them. Also please note that the speakers are not in pristine condition. However, the amp was factory refurbished a few years ago, so it should be good.

JakeJ

« Reply #1372 on: 17 Mar 2023, 03:09 am »
Are trying to sell as a lot?  I ask as I am interested in acquiring a couple more of the Neo midranges as well as ribbon tweeters.  You can post here, email, or PM.

Thanks,
JakeJ

wyman

« Reply #1373 on: 17 Mar 2023, 03:19 am »
yes, selling as a lot.

JakeJ

« Reply #1374 on: 17 Mar 2023, 03:35 am »
Best of luck, sir.

AVB

« Reply #1375 on: 17 Mar 2023, 01:16 pm »
I have some RM40s, a RM30 Center, a sub, and 3-4 monitors. I also have several spare ribbon speakers.

When you say ribbon speakers do you mean whole speakers like a 626R for example, or ribbon drivers that go in the speakers?

AVB

« Reply #1376 on: 17 Mar 2023, 02:26 pm »
Here is something to strain the brain. I found an unfinished Larger Sub kit. Everything seems to be there except the crossover if it even came with one.  I built one of these almost 30 years ago and bought it with the 100hz satellite crossover (pre-made). I don't know if the ones without that were just wired in series or if there was something that split the signal to the two drivers. If anybody has any idea or a crossover schematic or even just the crossover frequency between the 12 & 15" driver that would be a big help.

GeorgeAb

« Reply #1377 on: 17 Mar 2023, 04:39 pm »

If it is an FST tweeter, it is likely just the ribbon that is bad. It is a $6 part and fairly strightforward. I posted the instructions for performing replacement from Aurum Cantus along with my notes to help with operation. With you site challenge you may be able to find a friend locally who can perform for you. Also if it is just the ribbon, you could send to me and I will replace for you.

Misread your initial post, apologies. Yes, I believe the crossover is identical for either tweeter used in 626.

GeorgeAb

« Reply #1378 on: 17 Mar 2023, 04:41 pm »
If it is an FST tweeter, it is likely just the ribbon that is bad. It is a $6 part https://www.parts-express.com/Aurum-Cantus-G2Si-Replacement-Ribbon-276-401?quantity=1 and fairly strightforward. I posted the instructions for performing replacement from Aurum Cantus along with my notes to help with operation. With you site challenge you may be able to find a friend locally who can perform for you. Also if it is just the ribbon, you could send to me and I will replace for you.

No crossover in the sub. The 12" and 15" drivers are wired seperately directly to their individual binding posts.

GeorgeAb

« Reply #1379 on: 17 Mar 2023, 04:52 pm »
Dear VMPS owners and fans,

This is just  question to gauge interest in a special run of Misco LLC62W-8A woofer. These came in RM30s and I'm pretty sure 626R and there may be others (LRC?) The more people who express an interest the better chance we can get this done and the more the price per unit will go down. Right now there has to be a firm commitment for 10 units to bring the cost down to $100 per speaker.

If somebody wants to take over keeping track of who wants in and for how many that would be great since I'm legally blind and really don't want to try to read and keep track of emails.

I asked for a quote for run of 4 a little over a week ago from Misco and had not yet received a response. I take it you have a recent quote?