GREAT Metric Halo ULN-8, LIO-8, ULN-2 discount!

rms

GREAT Metric Halo ULN-8, LIO-8, ULN-2 discount!
« on: 9 Dec 2010, 02:57 pm »
Just in time for Christmas! If anybody is considering purchasing a Metric Halo unit right NOW is the time to act. The signup for this group buy ends tomorrow. Only one more sale is needed to reach a 25% discount. It's not likely we'll see a price this good again anytime real soon.

http://www.graniterocks.com/GraniteRocksLive/3D_Audio_Group_Buy.html

http://www.3daudioinc.com/3db/showthread.php?21013-Metric-Halo-Group-Buy-Save-some-serious-money!

rms

Re: GREAT Metric Halo ULN-8, LIO-8, ULN-2 discount!
« Reply #1 on: 11 Dec 2010, 10:35 pm »
Looks like Steve may accept orders at the group buy price for a little longer since the minimum needed for the group buy was easily met. Sooo - if you're still interested then go for it.

Also, Steve said that most of the LIO-8 purchases were to audiophiles. Since only one had been sold when I posted this here I'd just be curious to know if anybody bought theirs based on this post? If you're willing pm me, then we can also compare notes once we have our units up and running. I ordered mine with 4 mic pres since I also do some recording of my jazz combos and I can use it for vinyl transfers.

Here is Steve's post from the 3DAudioInc forum page;

Holy MIO!! Batman!! The final tally for the group buy came in at 16 units!! That's pretty amazing. The break down is 1x 2882, 8x LIO8 (mostly audiophile), 4x ULN8 and 3x ULN2. If anyone wanted in and just missed I can probably still take orders this week as well since we easily hit the targets.

Thanks so very much to Lynn for hosting this and Happy Holidays to All!
Last edited by Steve Devino; Today at 03:32 PM.
Steve Devino
Granite Rocks Recording Studios
www.graniterocks.com

Brandon B

« Reply #2 on: 18 Dec 2010, 09:48 pm »
Crap!

That'll teach me to check in at AC more often.  Been flirting with buying a ULN-2 for months.

ted_b

• Facilitator
  • "we're all bozos on this bus" F.T.
« Reply #3 on: 18 Dec 2010, 10:23 pm »
RMS,
As you know I have been a huge proponent of the LIO-8.  I love it's sound and flexibility, and am even toying with going all-digital in hirez multichannel (Oppo BDP-83 modded w/3-4 S/PDIF board, with Canare impedance transformers and Redco DB-25 snake).  And as creator/moderator of this Circle please let me know what you hear re: how many AC'ers climbed on board Steve's deal.  Thanks!

BTW, Steve provides great after-the-sale help with templates, etc.

rms

« Reply #4 on: 5 Jan 2011, 04:31 pm »

...and am even toying with going all-digital in hirez multichannel (Oppo BDP-83 modded w/3-4 S/PDIF board, with Canare impedance transformers and Redco DB-25 snake). 

Now that will be amazing! I hope you will post as you are putting that together, I'd like to try it too.

I haven't heard back from anybody here that potentially purchased a unit. I was hoping that I had helped some fellow AC'ers get a great deal on one of these. Watching Steve's sales figures go from 9 units to 20 within two days of this post (with him saying they were mostly to audiophiles) made it look that way.

Anyway, my unit arrived in great shape and sounds nothing short of phenomenal. I have used it for stereo playback of Redbook to 24/192 so far and the depth and detail are tremendous. Haven't done any recording yet but will be diving into that this weekend. The power and versatility of this engineering marvel is truly mind expanding.

Brandon B

« Reply #5 on: 27 Jan 2011, 02:13 am »
Sale is back on at Granite Rocks.

Edi:  MHLabs themselves are discounting the LIO and ULN 8's 25%.  Granite is currently also extending a 10% discount on the 2 channel units.