Bravura Records 24/192

rms

Bravura Records 24/192
« on: 8 Dec 2010, 11:35 pm »
This is multi Grammy winner and many times platinum engineer Bill Schnee's new website. This is one of the most exciting things I have seen for those who appreciate great music and recordings in years! Bill's list of credits is legendary. I am sure that even if you have never heard of him you have most definately heard many of the songs he has engineered. They have always been of the very highest caliber and now his work will be available in 24/192! Here is a link to the bio that is on his website, great place to start. And then take a few minutes to read everything else on the site. The other engineers and musicians are also amazing individuals. Bill's commitment to artistry and quality is like a beacon in the wilderness. I truly hope this takes off in a big way because that could lead to many more engineers, producers, and musicians following suit with their future recordings. He has posted some Christmas sample free downloads that are 24/44.1 as a gift that are beautiful;

http://bravurarecords.com/a_schnee.html

ted_b

• Facilitator
  • "we're all bozos on this bus" F.T.
Re: Bravura Records 24/192
« Reply #1 on: 9 Dec 2010, 12:17 am »
I met Bill at CES 2009 and was floored, I mean floored!!  by his 24/192 demos.  i was sitting next to reviewer Dick Olsher and whispered a couple things to him about the sound of the piano.  He said i should bring them up to Bill in the demo and I did.  Bill was like a proud father and gave me huge kudos for hearing what I heard......it wasn't me...it was obvious!!  :)  Note: it helps that they system was state of the art and that the transducers were some of my favorite of all time, the TAD Ref One's that Andrew Jones helped design and market.  Bob Smith (Aether Audio, SP Tech) and I heard them again at CES 2010 and Bob was mightily impressed (he's not impressed easily  :)  ).

Bill and I chatted for quite awhile, and I've emailed him since at Bravura.  His stuff will be very very good!  He was originally thinking he'd distribute via BluRay but no real audiophile BluRay movement has begun...so he's taking a survey on whether to stay there, or release as DVD-Rom or somehow download (they are huge files, which is why few download sites go beyond 24/96).  Bill would like a physical medium cuz he, like me, loves cover art, liner notes, etc.  PDF's can always take their palce I guess.

Bill has a tremendous passion for HiRez, and for that reason alone he is a hero of this movement.  He is committed to making sure the iPod generation hears great music!!

jeffh

« Reply #2 on: 17 Dec 2010, 04:56 am »
Hey Guys,

Bravura Records has five 24/44.1 Christmas songs available for download for FREE!

Here is the link:   http://bravurarecords.com/music.html

ted_b

• Facilitator
« Reply #3 on: 17 Dec 2010, 05:52 am »
Hey Guys,

Bravura Records has five 24/44.1 Christmas songs available for download for FREE!

Here is the link:   http://bravurarecords.com/music.html

Yes, already mentioned in the first post, thanks.

ted_b

• Facilitator
« Reply #4 on: 17 Dec 2010, 05:07 pm »
By the way, for those of you who downloaded the free Bravura Christmas songs when they first came out, you might have issues with them.  The initial downloaded AIFF files had corrupted header blocks and wouldn't play on many players like JRiver, etc.  The issue has been fixed, so download again.  Happy Holidays.  :)