New SoundLab Review

BruceSB

New SoundLab Review
« on: 6 Nov 2020, 11:47 pm »
A new SoundLab review has just been posted on dagogo.
Most of the recent previous reviews have been of the smallest 545 models.
This one is of the bigger 645 series.
Specifically the M-645.
Here is the link.
https://www.dagogo.com/sound-lab-majestic-645-electrostatic-panel-loudspeakers-review/
Saying that the reviewer loved the speaker would be a massive understatement!!
Great to see these SoundLab reviews.
Adds to the number of recent SoundLab reviews and nice to see the bigger models getting some attention.
Enjoy the read.
Bruce

SteveFord

• Facilitator
  • The poodle bites, the poodle chews it.
Re: New SoundLab Review
« Reply #1 on: 7 Nov 2020, 01:51 am »
You weren't kidding about the enthusiastic review.
If you've got the money, why not!

kingdeezie

« Reply #2 on: 7 Nov 2020, 02:42 pm »
I have these exact speakers. Other than my own paranoia with the backplates malfunctioning because I have OCD, they are truly amazing.

Great review.

Jon L

« Reply #3 on: 7 Nov 2020, 04:37 pm »
I have these exact speakers. Other than my own paranoia with the backplates malfunctioning because I have OCD, they are truly amazing.

Great review.

The review seems to mainly talk about how classical music sounds through the Soundlabs.  How do they sound with pop/rock/hard rock/R&B, etc?  Do they have enough hard punch and the boogie factor? 

kingdeezie

« Reply #4 on: 7 Nov 2020, 11:11 pm »
The review seems to mainly talk about how classical music sounds through the Soundlabs.  How do they sound with pop/rock/hard rock/R&B, etc?  Do they have enough hard punch and the boogie factor?

Jon L, I think it depends on what you prioritize for these genres. I actually listen mainly to hard rock, progressive metal, and blues.

The thing I value most is speed and leading edge quickness/transient response. Nothing I’ve had before comes close. It makes the music feel alive for me, like propulsive.

That being said, they don’t thump or punch like a box speaker.

On the other hand, they load the room much better, and the bass is significantly more detailed then I’ve experienced from other designs I have had.

Overall, the presentation is just different, and I think it will come down to what you value. I think the magic of any genre of music is in the midrange, and these speakers nail it every time. 

Mikko Dee

« Reply #5 on: 12 Nov 2021, 10:40 am »
I’ve added some punch and thump with 2 SVS pc4000’s… problem solved :)