NX Studio Floorstanding?

jmimac351

• Chief Instructor - ChinTrackDays.com
Re: NX Studio Floorstanding?
« Reply #40 on: 7 Apr 2024, 03:03 am »
Yes. I just got 4.

Assuming you're using these for sub stands... is the amp Hobbs mentioned a necessity or are you using something else?

Thank you.

mlundy57

• Industry Participant
« Reply #41 on: 7 Apr 2024, 04:39 am »
Assuming you're using these for sub stands... is the amp Hobbs mentioned a necessity or are you using something else?

Thank you.

These drivers are designed for open baffle use so they need one of the Rythmik amps that has the open baffle shelving circuit.

Since my electronics are all balanced, I'll be using the A370XLR3 amps that I already have. These won't be built into the stands but will sit behind them like they do with the Double Troubles I have under my NX-Otica MTMs. Personally, I prefer the A370 series amps over the HX300 series due to the increased input and adjustment capabilities of the A370s. The design would have to be modified a little to mount the A370 on the stand since it's about 3" wider and taller than the HX300.

bhassel

« Reply #42 on: 8 Apr 2024, 02:09 am »
They are one of Danny's designs. https://www.audiocircle.com/index.php?topic=129161.0

They can be placed close to the wall. This would be a killer combo, especially if the choice of the Studio Monitor is for it's ability to be placed closer to the wall which is lost if the monitors are on top of open baffle H-Frames.

Bingo! I've waited this long to start my kit, maybe a little longer is a good idea!

Bob