NFL Football ('15 -'16)

charmerci

Re: NFL Football ('15 -'16)
« Reply #160 on: 7 Dec 2015, 05:51 pm »
Big game tonight! Can't believe after last week's win that the Skins are still in the hunt.

londonbarn

« Reply #161 on: 7 Dec 2015, 09:35 pm »
Jimmy Graham is out and IMMEDIATELY my Hawks play like the last 2 years... strange but awesome...!!! Something about Graham just didnt gel with the seattle philo...

Speedskater

• Kevin
« Reply #162 on: 8 Dec 2015, 05:41 pm »
In Monday evening's game, they played the entire game in the last few minutes.

dwk

« Reply #163 on: 8 Dec 2015, 06:49 pm »
yeah, the prime-time games have had crazy finishes lately. First the blocked FG run back for the winning TD, then the hail-mary on a 00:00 play due to a potentially phantom defensive penalty, and now 3 scoring drives inside the 2 minute warning.  Maybe not great games, but great finishes.

charmerci

« Reply #164 on: 8 Dec 2015, 07:04 pm »
In Monday evening's game, they played the entire game in the last few minutes.

Yeah, it was a snooze-fest until the last few minutes.

The insane thing is that if the playoffs started next week, the Skins would still be in at 5-7!  :roll:

thunderbrick

• Volunteer
  • I'm just not right!
« Reply #165 on: 8 Dec 2015, 07:25 pm »
I thought I'd just put it out there that my NYG are going to do it this year/next.  I can feel it.   :oops:

Uh, that's not a Giant you are feeling......

ArthurDent

• Don't Panic / Mostly Harmless
« Reply #166 on: 9 Dec 2015, 12:35 am »
Jimmy Graham is out and IMMEDIATELY my Hawks play like the last 2 years... strange but awesome...!!! Something about Graham just didnt gel with the seattle philo...

I'm no expert, but given the Hawks were leading in the 4th quarter of every one of their 5 losses, and Graham is on the offensive side of the line, I don't think a lot of blame can be placed on him for our situation. Was it an easy fit when he arrived, no. Were things getting better prior to his injury, yes. Will it work out in the end, who knows.  :dunno: Is it another Percy Harvin situation behind the scenes, time will tell. He dang well better work out considering what we gave up to get him, Max Unger in particular.

rajacat

• Washington State
« Reply #167 on: 9 Dec 2015, 12:47 am »
The Hawks won't miss Graham that much.Luke Wilson will do fine as the starting tight end. He's fast and he runs well after a catch.

finsup

« Reply #168 on: 10 Dec 2015, 12:05 am »
I lived in San Diego for a few years and saw the Broncos play there twice.  They did not win.  So, even though the Chargers are not playing well, I never know which Denver team is going to show up when the Broncos play there.

The important thing they are still winning, despite the injuries.  True, a lot of teams can say they are missing key personnel, but for a team that has needed its defense to pull them through the early part of the season, the injuries to the Bronc's D is pretty deep:  LB DeMarcus Ware and Danny Trevathan, S T.J. Ward.  And just when the ground game seemed to get going, down goes C.J Anderson who finally seemed to be coming on, and TE Vernon Davis is still out.  And yes, at QB, Peyton Manning. 

Broncos did not exactly trounce the lowly Chargers today but they won, and in so doing, they moved ahead of the Patriots. Still ahead for them are Oakland, Pittsburgh, Cincinnati and San Diego again. If the Bronkies win 2 of those remaining games, they clinch their division. If they win out, they take over top seed in the AFC.

And you Philly guys will have to stop whining for a week. The Eagles flew high today. Meanwhile, the Giants lost as will either Washington or Dallas this week. You are back in the running.

thunderbrick

• Volunteer
  • I'm just not right!
« Reply #169 on: 11 Dec 2015, 11:54 pm »
From SI.com today:

The New York Giants have released defensive end Damontre Moore for violating team rules, the team announced Friday.

According to NFL.com’s Ian Rapoport, Moore was waived because he and teammate Cullen Jenkins fought before Friday’s practice over not getting free Beats by Dre headphones like other players.

REALLY?????    :duh:

Good thing they weren't giving out Bose radios.  He might have killed someone.

rodge827

« Reply #170 on: 12 Dec 2015, 01:59 pm »
From SI.com today:

The New York Giants have released defensive end Damontre Moore for violating team rules, the team announced Friday.

According to NFL.com’s Ian Rapoport, Moore was waived because he and teammate Cullen Jenkins fought before Friday’s practice over not getting free Beats by Dre headphones like other players.

REALLY?????    :duh:

Good thing they weren't giving out Bose radios.  He might have killed someone.

:lol:

Moore earns about $550,000 a year and he couldn't buy his own... :roll:  :scratch: :duh:

macrojack

• Restricted
« Reply #171 on: 12 Dec 2015, 02:16 pm »

Moore earns about $550,000 a year and he couldn't buy his own... :roll:  :scratch: :duh:
Rodge - You are attempting to impose adult logic on individuals who have never used it. They no doubt feel they were "dissed" and must vent their anger accordingly. Same reaction fuels mass murderers.

thunderbrick

• Volunteer
  • I'm just not right!
« Reply #172 on: 12 Dec 2015, 03:35 pm »
Good point, Tom.

SteveFord

• Volunteer
  • The poodle bites, the poodle chews it.
« Reply #173 on: 12 Dec 2015, 06:40 pm »
I could see beating someone who tried to GIVE me a set of Beats by Dre headphones...

charmerci

« Reply #174 on: 12 Dec 2015, 07:20 pm »
I could see beating someone who tried to GIVE me a set of Beats by Dre headphones...

I was at work with two younger dudes and they were saying how great Beats were - having listened to them at BB. When I chimed in that they weren't really that good and that there were others brands that were better, one adamantly said, "they are great headphones!"  :duh:

finsup

« Reply #175 on: 20 Dec 2015, 10:20 pm »
Panthers are 14-0. Certainly looked like it was going to be a smack-down of the Giants after going up 35-7.  Respect to Giants for not giving up.  Hope the Panthers learn you have to #KeepPounding until the clock reads 0:00.

He's a great player but that jerk Beckham Jr. should have been ejected from the game.

FireGuy

« Reply #176 on: 23 Dec 2015, 01:18 am »

vonnie123

« Reply #177 on: 27 Dec 2015, 01:41 am »
Panthers are 14-0. Certainly looked like it was going to be a smack-down of the Giants after going up 35-7.  Respect to Giants for not giving up.  Hope the Panthers learn you have to #KeepPounding until the clock reads 0:00.

He's a great player but that jerk Beckham Jr. should have been ejected from the game.

Panthers are 14 - 0, but not sure if that will equate to winning the big prize.  Panthers lack big game experience - the playoffs will be the big test.

vonnie123

« Reply #178 on: 27 Dec 2015, 01:43 am »

I was at work with two younger dudes and they were saying how great Beats were - having listened to them at BB. When I chimed in that they weren't really that good and that there were others brands that were better, one adamantly said, "they are great headphones!"  :duh:

If you don't know what good headphones are, Beats might seem good.  It's all relative.

macrojack

• Restricted
« Reply #179 on: 27 Dec 2015, 03:20 am »
If you don't know what good headphones are, Beats might seem good.  It's all relative.
Same goes for football --- there are people who like the Cowboys.