Kismet Reference Speaker Placement

Conmoto22

Kismet Reference Speaker Placement
« on: 15 May 2023, 12:24 am »
Previous owner suggested a couple feet from side walls with only the slightest toe in. That’s been working fine for me. I’m currently 18” from the front wall. Any opinions on distance from front wall? How about opinions on these speakers being placed in the standard equilateral triangle?

seikosha

Re: Kismet Reference Speaker Placement
« Reply #1 on: 15 May 2023, 12:28 am »
Every room is different.  You have to experiment to find the best placement.

GeneS

« Reply #2 on: 15 May 2023, 01:16 am »
The most successful set up I’ve seen for these speakers is done by Klaus himself.
He shared that these speakers like to “breathe” and getting them off the rear wall yields the best result. At least 3 feet, as I recall. I am consistently amazed at the amount of bass achieved when these speakers are nearly in the middle of the room. Klaus also strongly advocates nearfield listening. Equidistant between the speakers and listening position, then moving the listening position inward until you achieve the soundstage you’re looking for. It’s a lot of experimentation, but the results are well worth it.
Toe in is often minimal, as the dispersion of the beryllium tweeters is incredible.

tparm

« Reply #3 on: 15 May 2023, 08:28 pm »
The most successful set up I’ve seen for these speakers is done by Klaus himself.
He shared that these speakers like to “breathe” and getting them off the rear wall yields the best result. At least 3 feet, as I recall. I am consistently amazed at the amount of bass achieved when these speakers are nearly in the middle of the room. Klaus also strongly advocates nearfield listening. Equidistant between the speakers and listening position, then moving the listening position inward until you achieve the soundstage you’re looking for. It’s a lot of experimentation, but the results are well worth it.
Toe in is often minimal, as the dispersion of the beryllium tweeters is incredible.

Agree with all this! My Liquids are 54” from back wall to tweeter (front baffle) about 18” from side walls to rear nearest corner of the speaker and I’ve reduced toe twice, I’d say roughly 10 degrees. Speakers are 10’ from tweeter to tweeter and I sit a little farther than 8’ from them. My speakers are on maple plinths which cleaned up the bass a lot. Plinths are on 4 SVS Soundpath feet, Liquids on three brass feet, one in front slightly shorter than two on the rear corners. My room is 15ish feet wide and 31-33 feet deep (bar in the back of the room with cabinetry) and just under 9’ ceilings.