What's the word on the 10" Neo and new speaker design?

warnerwh

Like to find out what is going to happen with the new speaker which is slightly smaller than the Alpha?  Also did you get ahold of some 10" Neo's and have you had a chance to test them? Thanks

azryan

« Reply #1 on: 16 Jan 2004, 05:54 pm »
There is no 'next speaker' at all yet.

You've asked about this already though.

If you're waiting for the 'next' design instead of the Alphas... you'll just be totally missing out and ignoring probably the single best speaker performance/value there is for a design that does not exist in any way shape or form.

I'm sure Danny will post any info that he feels should be posted when it exists, but you'll have a looong wait if you're waiting to hear him describe the new speaker.

He probably shouldn't have mentioned that he's looking to do something new 'cuz it'll just get people to 'wait'.

Every speaker designer is doing something 'new'. They usually don't mention it till it's almost done so as not to hurt current sales.

Don't pass on the Alphas.

Danny Richie

Neo 10's
« Reply #2 on: 17 Jan 2004, 12:12 am »
Looks like the new Neo 10's will make a great midrange driver, but is to wide of an element and will not play high enough to be used in a two way design.

Back to Neo 8's.

JohnR

« Reply #3 on: 17 Jan 2004, 02:34 am »
I'd still be curious to learn more about the driver. Please let us know when any measurements or specs become available :-)

Danny Richie

Neo 10
« Reply #4 on: 17 Jan 2004, 05:12 pm »
So far I have heard that it is capable of playing down to 150Hz.

However, it is still uncertain as to whether it will be released to the diy or OEM market. It could wind up being an exclusive BG product.