Promitheus Silver Cable

CHLim

Promitheus Silver Cable
« on: 29 Jan 2008, 02:39 pm »
Anyone try this? I mean speaker cable. Great if someone can shed some light here.
Silver is a better conductor than copper, will this translate to better sound? Two hearted, should I go with Element Cable or Promitheus Silver cable? There are guys think that speaker cable affects sound quality more than interconnect given the same budget.
Anyone think that certain Promitheus products copy Audio Note products? 

fvale

Re: Promitheus Silver Cable
« Reply #1 on: 29 Jan 2008, 11:50 pm »
Hi CHLim,

I own a couple of 2.5M Promitheus silver loudspeaker cables since a few months. I wanted to upgrade my old Monster cables (I don't have them here available now, so I can't tell you the exact model. Anyway I remember they were not exactly cheap.) but was a little bit scared on silver because I was told that it could be too detailed and sound could be somewhat fatigueing. But as I was, and still am, so enthusiastic about their TVC I wanted to try those cables also because I find price acceptable.
In two words I also found this product great! The true is that this silver wire even attenuated some problems I had in the medium/high tones region! They reduced listening fatigue in reality! They are more balanced than the Monsters and also offer a very fast and deep medium/low region. The behaviour in the high region seems to be diferent from copper cables I used in the past. It's very detailed, very realistic (voices are incredible) but definitely not too bright. Would buy again.

Ciao from Italy!