Future Bda Updates

Rush2112

Future Bda Updates
« on: 16 Apr 2021, 11:50 am »
Currently own both a Bryston Bcd1 and a Bryston Bda2 . I have the Bryston bdp 2 aes/ebu digital output feeding the aes/ebu digital input on the dac . I am using spdif coax from the bcd1 feeding the spdif input on the dac . I would like to possibly see in the future 2 aes/ebu inputs on the dac as i would prefer this method . It would also be nice to see 2 spdif coax and 2 toslink inputs . What does every body else think .

unincognito

• Industry Participant
    • bryston.com
Re: Future Bda Updates
« Reply #1 on: 16 Apr 2021, 09:16 pm »
Those digital interfaces are becoming pretty defunct as the industry appears to be shifting towards USB, HDMI, direct I2S and network sources.  Like analog inputs, digital SPDIF interfaces aren't as common (thats not to say have disappeared altogether); with that said you might be interested in our new preamp which does offer the inputs you want and is a great preamp. 

Chris

Rush2112

« Reply #2 on: 17 Apr 2021, 12:04 am »
No doubt i am sure the br20 is a grat preamp however i will always keep my dac and digital player seperate as it is easier to update to either a new dac or digital player seperately . My other concern is no tape loop in all the preamps except the bp26/mps2  . I have a cd recorder therefore i need a tape loop . If bryston were to come out with a 4th generation dac it would be nice to see some more of the digital inputs as mentioned in my earlier post .

drummermitchell

« Reply #3 on: 17 Apr 2021, 12:29 am »
I will never go all in one,
Reason I had a dac crap out so I would be without tunes for about 6 weeks.
Luckily the dealer had another to loan me.
The way I see it it if you have three or four pieces in one box UR FKD.
Even my Bda-2 needed a new board a few yrs ago.now have the Bda-3.
Nope ,separates at least you can connect an old CDP to get by or DAC or Preamp ect ect ect

Rush2112

« Reply #4 on: 17 Apr 2021, 12:44 am »
Absolutely . Same reason i will keep mine seperate as well . I run my bcd1 through the dac a lot and mainly use my digital player for 24bit high res files . Would not bother me at all to update to a 4th gen dac if one comes out and keep my 2nd or 3rd gen digital player .

fbny71

« Reply #5 on: 17 Apr 2021, 01:51 am »
The BP-17^3 has a tape loop. Mine is outfitted with both the DAC and phone upgrade cards. I use my Mac mini as a source so I don’t need the BDA-3.14. I am getting a BDA-3 because of the 24/96 limitations of the DAC card.

If it weren’t for the missing tape loop, I’d be all in on a BR-20.

Tubegem

« Reply #6 on: 17 Apr 2021, 05:05 pm »
Those digital interfaces are becoming pretty defunct as the industry appears to be shifting towards USB, HDMI, direct I2S and network sources.  Like analog inputs, digital SPDIF interfaces aren't as common (thats not to say have disappeared altogether); with that said you might be interested in our new preamp which does offer the inputs you want and is a great preamp. 

Chris

I will always need a high quality analogue input to feed my tube phono stage.
When can we expect a I2S input in the dac3/3.14. You already have cut outs for hdmi inputs. Needs to go to the dac directly and avoid the Pi limitations.

Ed

James Tanner

• Facilitator
  • The Demo is Everything!
    • http://www.bryston.com
« Reply #7 on: 19 Apr 2021, 01:29 pm »
Hi Ed

One interesting thing we found when developing the BR-20 was the use of the USB input.

The USB receiver buffers all incoming audio packets and creates a very low jitter I2S stream.

Any SPDIF/AES/TOSLINK to I2S inputs do not have this buffer.

james