Les Pointy Guitars

SteveFord

• Volunteer
  • The poodle bites, the poodle chews it.
Les Pointy Guitars
« on: 31 Aug 2020, 01:12 am »
A little pun, ha.
Whenever I get worried about how things are going on in the world I hunker down and buy guitars.
These two showed up recently, a black Les Paul Classic w/ P90s and a gold top Les Paul Standard w/ P90s.
To say I am really impressed with these is an understatement. 
John Fogarty of CCR fame was right, a gold top w/ P90s is THE sound.

HAL

• Industry Contributor
Re: Les Pointy Guitars
« Reply #1 on: 16 Dec 2020, 08:09 pm »
Decided to try one of the new Firefly FF338 guitars as I wanted a ES335 style electric.

Happy with it out of the box.  Just need to change strings to 9-40 gauge and do a setup.

Well I guess it wanted a nap.

dB Cooper

« Reply #2 on: 17 Dec 2020, 01:01 am »
A little pun, ha.
Whenever I get worried about how things are going on in the world I hunker down and buy guitars.
These two showed up recently, a black Les Paul Classic w/ P90s and a gold top Les Paul Standard w/ P90s.
To say I am really impressed with these is an understatement. 
John Fogarty of CCR fame was right, a gold top w/ P90s is THE sound.

Hard to tell from the photo, but that's the original 'flat-top' style, is it not?

Larkston Zinaspic

« Reply #3 on: 19 Dec 2020, 07:03 pm »
This is the latest addition to the pack....

Ed_Zachary

« Reply #4 on: 4 Nov 2023, 04:56 pm »
I like mine real pointy, which drives my lust for Florentine cutaways...

An Epiphone PR-5 (five... I have found over the years if I type PR-5, it gets read as "PRS", and it isn't)

An Epiphone Sorrento 1962 reissue (they made 1,962 of 'em, imagine that)

A pre-corporate buyout Heritage H-155M (picture taken by Harry of Harry's guitars, because even though it was my custom order, he still wanted to put photos of it on his website. Harry is a smart man) made in Kalamazoo, by the guys who refused to move to Memphis when Gibson closed the Kalamazoo facility down. Sadly (and stupidly) when Heritage restructured (read - was bought out by a certain conglomerate and a worthless "music" magazine), most of the old hands were laid off as "an economy measure".

A Taylor 2015 limited edition 514ce (also snagged at Harry's... you should go there if you live within 2-3 hours of Raleigh)

While it won't poke your eye out, John Backlund, the designer of the Marz 6 (the one on the right without the actual chickenhead knobs (which is a story for another day unless you have been a long time member of the Telecaster forum) does sometimes refer to it as his "futuristic lawn dart guitar", so I am includinging it.

VinceT

« Reply #5 on: 4 Nov 2023, 08:00 pm »
I am not a guitar player, but if I was i would be using P90 pick ups

SteveFord

• Volunteer
  • The poodle bites, the poodle chews it.
« Reply #6 on: 4 Nov 2023, 08:04 pm »
Sorry, I just saw the reply (three years later).
That black LP Classic has the maple cap, the photos below shows a slab body Les Paul Special in TV Yellow with an ebony fretboard.
That's an awfully nice little guitar, fake zebra skin rug belongs to the seller.

HAL

• Industry Contributor
« Reply #7 on: 4 Nov 2023, 11:31 pm »
My Firefly FFLPS-GP90 with DiMarzio P90 size pickups.  Tuned to Drop A.