Fathers Day

Jason T

• Industry Participant
  • Enjoying the music
    • custom cables
Fathers Day
« on: 21 Jun 2011, 01:38 am »
Cami Surprised me for Fathers day and showed me this entertainment center she designed and built for me!
she used my buddies wood shop (and a little of his expertise) and built this out of 3/4 Birch ply.
we stained it together Saturday and sprayed cab lacquer on Sunday. Sure as hell beats my old piece of junk and I was REALLY surprised when she told me she designed it and built it.
finally I've found a woman that feels the hobby like I do  :P

StereoNut

Re: Fathers Day
« Reply #1 on: 21 Jun 2011, 02:21 am »
Does she have any sisters!?!   8)

HiFlight

« Reply #2 on: 21 Jun 2011, 02:37 am »
Wanna trade???

eclein

• Volunteer
  • ..we walk the plank with our eyes wide open!-Gotye
« Reply #3 on: 21 Jun 2011, 02:53 am »
Jason Congrats!!!

Camii...that was a really special thing you did, a very sweet gesture, now you can ROCK OUT!!!!!!!!! :banana piano: :violin: :drums: :guitar: :dance:

WC

« Reply #4 on: 21 Jun 2011, 03:52 am »
Is the vinyl just for show? I don't see a turntable.

You really should get the Piano some clothes. It is looking a little cold out there.  :)

Jason T

• Industry Participant
  • Enjoying the music
    • custom cables
« Reply #5 on: 21 Jun 2011, 04:38 pm »
Is the vinyl just for show? I don't see a turntable.

You really should get the Piano some clothes. It is looking a little cold out there.  :)

The vinyl was for the picture but I do have a turntable ( trying to find a good spot for it) and cami designed the bottom shelves to hold my 400+ records.
Hopefully they all fit :-)

The dark walnut stain ended up being darker than we'd hoped but it compliments our black leather couch fairly well.

That piano was just repaired. I haven't decided how to dress her up yet :-)

Mama Virtue

« Reply #6 on: 21 Jun 2011, 05:09 pm »
Actually....the TV was Father's Day....  :roll: The entertainment stand was for our 5 yr Anniversary (any of the older guys who are actually romantic will probably remember 5yrs is a wooden gift traditionally...figured a wood statue or tree planting just wouldn't do it in this case) Am bummed out we forgot to get Jason's "before" set up pics, it was time he had a place to put all the gear and his vinyl that have been in boxes too long :D (and I was tired of the eyesore LOL) I had so much fun doing it, and I got to lie to him about what I was doing for 3 days, it was AWESOME.  :no_speak: Course I'm told I caught the "bug" since I really want to do a 5ft bookshelf to match and possibly some other pieces.

I might have gotten slight satisfaction in giving him a gift he actually had to work on to enjoy :icon_twisted:

Oh and yea I have 2 sisters...not sure what planet they're from.

dvenardos

« Reply #7 on: 21 Jun 2011, 07:34 pm »
Nice!
You have a keeper Jason, be good to her.  :thumb:
And I am not talking about the entertainment center.  :green:

mcgarick

« Reply #8 on: 21 Jun 2011, 08:03 pm »
I see some good jazz there,nice..

Jason T

• Industry Participant
  • Enjoying the music
    • custom cables
« Reply #9 on: 22 Jun 2011, 12:29 am »
fathers day, 5 years same difference :)

yes she is a keeper! both of them lol

most of the jazz in the picture belonged to my grandpa when he was alive, the albums are pristine.

Cami and I live near a retirement area that has a nice big thrift store, I've found quite a few good clean records in that store and look every time I go in.

virtue

• Facilitator
  • Making audio lovers audiophiles
    • Virtue Audio
« Reply #10 on: 23 Jun 2011, 01:48 am »
Wow!  Mama Virtue showin' the love. 

I think I'll be waiting a WHILE before Melissa does anything like that for me.  Fritz Heiler dropped off some prototypes today - dinged them pretty good in the elevator, poor guy.  Unfortunately, there's just not enough room on the entertainment "center" for them as well as the 25" CRT we have from Melissa's college days.  She made me give away the projector because she the chandelier was in the way and it cannot go.  They'll go in the dungeon with me.

Jason, you got it good bro.

Seth

jtwrace

• www.theintellectualpeoplepodcast.com
    • TIPP YouTube Channel
« Reply #11 on: 23 Jun 2011, 01:51 am »
I think I'll be waiting a WHILE before Melissa does anything like that for me.

Seth,

I have no doubt that Melissa will not be doing this.  PM for answer...but I'm sure you know already.   :wink:

virtue

• Facilitator
  • Making audio lovers audiophiles
    • Virtue Audio
« Reply #12 on: 23 Jun 2011, 01:56 am »
LOL.

What she lacks in carpentry skills and appreciation for dirt, bugs, and high-end electronics, she makes up for in sweetness.

Plus she's an earner too and out-distances me in the kitchen these days!  As Donny knows, I didn't do too badly.

Now about that entertainment center....

jtwrace

• www.theintellectualpeoplepodcast.com
    • TIPP YouTube Channel
« Reply #13 on: 23 Jun 2011, 01:58 am »
newlyweds....

:kiss: :inlove:

dvenardos

« Reply #14 on: 23 Jun 2011, 08:02 am »
As Donny knows, I didn't do too badly.

Indeed, still haven't figured out how you pulled that one off.  :o :D

WC

« Reply #15 on: 27 Jun 2011, 01:53 am »
Jason,

How do you have the Sensation hooked into the home theater?

Jason T

• Industry Participant
  • Enjoying the music
    • custom cables
« Reply #16 on: 27 Jun 2011, 02:53 am »
Jason,

How do you have the Sensation hooked into the home theater?

I don't
the sensation runs the towers in stereo.
the Onkyo receiver runs the theater (the bookshelf speakers I use as fronts aren't in the picture)

I could however (and have in the past) run the front preamp outs from the receiver to my sensation and turn the volume all the way up but it was just more work and a pain in the butt.

WC

« Reply #17 on: 27 Jun 2011, 03:49 am »
Thanks, Jason

I am just trying to determine how best to integrate all my various components. It helps to see and hear how others have done it.

Mama Virtue

« Reply #18 on: 27 Jun 2011, 09:02 pm »
LOL.

What she lacks in carpentry skills and appreciation for dirt, bugs, and high-end electronics, she makes up for in sweetness.

Sweet is good. I'm only sweet if I feel you deserve the effort LOL

We're all different (which is why all you audiophiles argue over what sounds good  :wink: ). Some women can't handle poopy diapers, vomit, blood or bugs. Others can handle all that but the sight of a needle makes them faint. Men are the same way. Know quite a few guys who can't handle needles, know others who don't mind smashing fish heads but get squeamish gutting the same fish, guys who ride like speed demons but are scared of heights, guys who think spiders are fine but snakes make them scream like a girl....I could go on  :)

Me....was always more of the tom boy then the girl....girls are boring  8)  My older sister always made me kill the spider or roach sometimes even moths LOL, finding frogs or worms and throwing them in her face was the best entertainment! :icon_twisted: Although now spiders and roaches bother me a lot more (happens after you've had a few too many crawl on you). Don't like putting worms on a hook but gutting a fish doesn't bother me. Figure that one out....perhaps its because one is alive and the other is not?