Track Audio Isolation Footers

dpatters

Track Audio Isolation Footers
« on: 27 Nov 2017, 01:01 pm »
I have been looking for something to better isolate my heavy floor standing speakers on a suspended hardwood floor.  I have been using rigid spikes on Herbie's Audiolab Gliders.  After some research into various footers and outriggers, I decided to try the Track Audio Isolation Footers.

They have made a noticeable improvement in my sound.  Tighter bass yes, but even more noticeable was the improvement in imaging and focus.  The speakers disappear more into the room.  I would highly recommend these to anyone in a similar situation.

Here are some pics:

Don P.

JakeJ

Re: Track Audio Isolation Footers
« Reply #1 on: 27 Nov 2017, 01:39 pm »
Linky?

dpatters

jriggy

« Reply #3 on: 27 Nov 2017, 01:47 pm »
In your research was there anything that made you go with these over the ISOacoustics GAIA footers?

dpatters

« Reply #4 on: 27 Nov 2017, 01:59 pm »
I looked into the IsoAcoustics GAIA footers and chose the Track Audio because they raised the speakers a little higher from the floor and also because of the ultra fine leveling adjustments on the Track Audio Footers that can be done once installed.

That being said, because of the good results I got with the footers, I have ordered 6 IsoAcoustics ISO-PUCKS (3 per speaker) to place between the woofer cabinet and the mid/tweeter cabinet of my Vapor Joules. These will replace the Herbies Big Fat Dots that came as standard with the speakers.

Don P.

JakeJ

« Reply #5 on: 28 Nov 2017, 12:38 pm »
Here you go:

https://www.musicdirect.com/speakers/track-audio-isolation-feet-set-of-4

Thanks!  The first thing that strikes me about these is it looks like there are at least three separate parts that thread together and that would make them infinitely adjustable for getting each speaker perfectly level/plumb plus the isolation feature.